[PSNP+ v8.3] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

38 minutes ago, DrEvilGuapo said:

@HusKy, apologies if I'm being daft and missing how to do it.  Is there a way to automatically migrate my existing backlog to a new list (called backlog) since you will be phasing out the backlog list?  I have ~600 titles in the backlog, so I'd really like to avoid having to manually recreate it.

Thank you.

Not yet but it will be available before I start removing backlog. Do not worry about your data. :)

(However, always keep an exported file somewhere safe in case your browser goes bananas.)

• Like 2

@HusKy, sorry for the additional ping, but I wanted to suggest a little quality of life enhancement to the lists feature. If it is easy to do and you believe it worthwhile, please consider adding a move option where a game can easily be moved from one list to another (eg wishlist to backlog) instead of having to remove from one and add to the other. Little thing, sure, but it would be a nice-to-have. 

Thank you for considering it. You’re knocking it out of the park with this stuff. 

On 3/5/2020 at 2:05 PM, HusKy said:

Alright everyone, it's finally here: PSNP+ v2.0

This is the biggest update since the beginning and the major feature is called "Game Lists". You can now create your own personal catalogue of games. It's the old "Backlog" feature but multiplied and more custom. This feature covers wide variety of use-cases such as wishlists or community chalenge tracking.

Example of my custom list where I track progress for "Ultra Rare Cleanup 2020" challenge:

(Pretty bad progress so far. :D)

6JQdx4h.png

New search buttons:

r4nZ171.png

Hopefully everything works as expected. This was a major rewrite of internal code. Game Lists will be marked as "BETA" until next update.

Shoutout to @Arcesius and @mekktor for testing this update. :)

can anyone join the Beta and use this Game List feature.  It is something I have been wanting to manage my backlog.

Is it as simple as knowing what the Beta URL is?

EDIT - I see the first post with how to download PSP+

Edited by djb5f

5 hours ago, DrEvilGuapo said:

@HusKy, sorry for the additional ping, but I wanted to suggest a little quality of life enhancement to the lists feature. If it is easy to do and you believe it worthwhile, please consider adding a move option where a game can easily be moved from one list to another (eg wishlist to backlog) instead of having to remove from one and add to the other. Little thing, sure, but it would be a nice-to-have. 

Thank you for considering it. You’re knocking it out of the park with this stuff. 

Yep, these convenience actions are planned. The "Delete" button column will be expanded with more actions in the future.

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

can anyone join the Beta and use this Game List feature.  It is something I have been wanting to manage my backlog.

Is it as simple as knowing what the Beta URL is?

EDIT - I see the first post with how to download PSP+

I see you have figured it out but just to clarify, only the feature itself is marked as "BETA" for now and it's available to everyone. ?

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, WaxWeazle said:

I'm gonna ask a stupid question...
I use multiple devices (mainly laptop and PC) to check PSNP. Is there a way to sync PSNP+ so both devices are exactly the same?

Not yet. There is no server where this data could be stored. I would like to add this feature in the future though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Not yet. There is no server where this data could be stored. I would like to add this feature in the future though.

Ah alright. It's a nice addition though, so thanks for the effort! Definitely worth using and really neat. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I love this addon, but am having an issue.  My entire backlog shows up as empty now on the same device I've always been using.  Is this because I may have deleted something that stored the info?  Where does the script store my information locally?

It's stored in localStorage which is managed by browser. Depending on your settings, browser might delete the data without notifying you.

The best thing you can do is always have an exported backup saved somewhere safe.

Can you implement a way to hide the "flagged game" message on a user's profile so there isn't a large red box above your trophy cabinet and such. This way a user can stay logged into their profile to use the Backlog and list features with the plug in and not have to worry about that intrusion. 

Edited by X_RaceKing_X

1 hour ago, X_RaceKing_X said:

Can you implement a way to hide the "flagged game" message on a user's profile so there isn't a large red box above your trophy cabinet and such. This way a user can stay logged into their profile to use the Backlog and list features with the plug in and not have to worry about that intrusion. 

I guess you are talking about your own flag? I don't see this red box and it would be hard for me to code this without being able to test it as well.

On 2.4.2020 at 7:14 AM, X_RaceKing_X said:

That red box is only visible to you as a reminder that you have a cheated game that you haven't hidden. Other users visiting your profile don't see that box. 

Edited by Arcesius

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to have the “Toggle Earned Trophies” button removed from the page when you’re creating/editing a guide?

It currently hangs right over some of the formatting options, which is very inconvenient. I have to keep turning off PSNP+ when I edit my guides. Would be better to just have it removed since you’d never want to toggle off trophies on a guide you were editing.

It’s a great feature for viewing guides of course. It’s only really for any “edit” pages that it becomes an inconvenience.

• Like 1

On 13/04/2020 at 2:33 AM, Galileu9 said:

HusKy, great addition to this great site. I'll leave a suggestion for future updates: being able to choose to hide gaming sessions of games you have already completed. Best of luck!

This is doable and I might add it in the future. ?

6 hours ago, Trophy Hunter said:

#Suggestion:

Hi @HusKy, can you add PSN stores? Thank

This would be cool but I don't want to add multiple links for multiple stores, because for me, US and JP store is irrelevant. I need SK store. Other people need DE store etc.

I have done some quick testing and it seems like no matter what country, PSN store will always try to redirect me to my store and the search works.

Basically, I could add link to US store and those who use other stores will need to click "Proceed" to go to their store.

Let me know what do you guys think about this.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2020 at 3:33 AM, HusKy said:

This would be cool but I don't want to add multiple links for multiple stores, because for me, US and JP store is irrelevant. I need SK store. Other people need DE store etc.

I have done some quick testing and it seems like no matter what country, PSN store will always try to redirect me to my store and the search works.

Basically, I could add link to US store and those who use other stores will need to click "Proceed" to go to their store.

Let me know what do you guys think about this.

Yes, if you are logged in PS the website automatically redirect to your store, I tested with psdeal.net and work fine:

Why is it still 264 500 characters of code and over 5500 lines, with plenty of out commented code, still not linking to libraries but instead including it in your script making it impossible to read and thereby not know what it actually does, and even include a base64 encoded image, like in the script file? Again, the functionality offered here can be expressed with some few hundred lines of code. My web browser spent about 20-30 seconds just opening the script to include it for chrome.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

On 15. 4. 2020 at 11:30 PM, Trophy Hunter said:

Yes, if you are logged in PS the website automatically redirect to your store, I tested with psdeal.net and work fine:

I will think about how this can be done in best possible way. Also, in general, I still need to polish some other features first before I start adding new ones.

On 4/17/2020 at 7:37 AM, MMDE said:

Why is it still 264 500 characters of code and over 5500 lines, with plenty of out commented code, still not linking to libraries but instead including it in your script making it impossible to read and thereby not know what it actually does, and even include a base64 encoded image, like in the script file? Again, the functionality offered here can be expressed with some few hundred lines of code. My web browser spent about 20-30 seconds just opening the script to include it for chrome.

tumblr_p383xx4DZe1s535xbo1_500.gifv

On topic: thanks for the continuous work @HusKy!

14 minutes ago, HusKy said:

How many of you use the "Backlog" button in game search? (1) It's pain in the *** to add support for this button for lists and I'm just wondering if it's worth the extra work.

(1) Visible here: https://psnprofiles.com/search/games?q=uncharted

I find it to be a useful feature if I ever pick up a game that's cross-buy or a trilogy/collection of games which doesn't exactly happen very often. Would I be upset if it was removed? Nope.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, HusKy said:

How many of you use the "Backlog" button in game search? (1) It's pain in the *** to add support for this button for lists and I'm just wondering if it's worth the extra work.

(1) Visible here: https://psnprofiles.com/search/games?q=uncharted

I personally do, but it would not be an issue at all to have to open the game I want to add to a list ?

• Like 1