[PSNP+ v8.3] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

I suggested a bounty board awhile ago, pay users to make something and inject it in the over arching website. 

4 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

True, but there hasn't been any major features added to the site for two years. I understand your desire to make sure the code is safe and all, but I mean this is nice for people that don't want to wait around for features to be officially implement that they've been requesting for years. Plus it's optional, it's up to people if they want to use it or not. If malicious code is found, we can take this post down - easy peasy :dunno:

4 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Thank you @WatertownsFinest @BlindMango @Abysm_Nucleus and others for your positive words. I can assure that I'm not planning to hack anyone with this. 1f605.png

I will release the ordering/filtering update this weekend.

For filtering games, might i suggest a:  Platinum and/or 100%. Id like to filter so that i see both my games i have platted anddd the ones i have at 100% or 100% games but that isnt an option as it stands

Edited by WatertownsFinest

5 minutes ago, WatertownsFinest said:

For filtering games, might i suggest a:  Platinum and/or 100%. Id like to filter so that i see both my games i have platted anddd the ones i have at 100% or 100% games but that isnt an option as it stands

I'm assuming you are talking about regular games list? That would be cool but this one needs to be added by Sly as it requires server adjustments to be efficient.

The only way to do it via user script would be to load all of your games and then reorder them inside the page.

For now, I would rather not tinker with the game table like this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

FWIW, I think this website is fantastic, the best achievement website out there. It would take years to create a clone that would be maybe half as good as PSNP. I would really like to know more about the infrastructure behind it and how things are done behind the curtains.

If Sly can't or doesn't want to work on it, I'm fine with that too. I just figured, I might try to add something here as well and that's how this script was created.

To slightly change the topic, has anyone added their complete backlog? If so, what are your numbers?

I'm sitting at:

Backlog • 49 Item(s) • 2,062 Trophies • 59,100 Points

and I'm just glad PS5 will come with backwards compatibility.xD

I like this site too. I will give your script a try. But Sly made this site and if people don't like it when Sly is not around, he's probably busy with real life or something, so people shouldn't complain about stuff like this. Still, I am glad you think this is a great site.

• Like 2

On 9/5/2019 at 2:34 PM, HusKy said:
    •  
  • Guide
    • Added toggle button which allows you to hide already earned trophies on the page (available via Floating Menu)

you got me at this, this is the only reason i still use PlayStationtrophies. they have a check box that lets you remove the trophies you have earned

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Void said:

you got me at this, this is the only reason i still use PlayStationtrophies. they have a check box that lets you remove the trophies you have earned

Have they added a feature that shows your profile automatically from PSN, or do you still have to add each game manually?

5 hours ago, Archavia said:

Impressive work. Will this work on Opera?

Should work just fine. Install Tampermonkey for Opera and then follow instructions from the first post.

4 hours ago, mackenzie129 said:

Checked it out (tinfoil hat)

Used it loved it, need alphabetical sorting along with platform icons please and thank you but will use stay sexy @HusKy

Platform icons are available in the backlog. Did you mean filtering by platform? This will be added soon.

3 hours ago, KondeBra said:

Is there a way to include info from trophy guides like time to complete or difficult? That would be great to choose the games I would play next.

Great work by the way.

This would be a nice addition. Currently, I only scrape the page itself for the info and this would required multiple HTTP requests to be done.

I will keep this in backlog for later.

9 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Platform icons are available in the backlog. Did you mean filtering by platform? This will be added soon.

excellent you understood the stupid I was typing, though loving it. 

Will our backlogs stay in tact?

Edited by mackenzie129

I've joined testing the script, great job obviously.

But I have question about the "country highlight" function, when you enter the leaderboard of any game, small typebox in upper-left corner change to "Country highlight:" and there's also LEADERBOARD (HIGHLIGHTED: 0). What it is supposed to show?

Edited by Spinosaurus Rex

Nice initiative!

17 hours ago, HusKy said:

The git repo I work in is hosted on GitHub and it's currently private.

Any chance of making the repo public? I'm sure there are a bunch of people here that would love to contribute, it's also any easier way to track issues rather people commenting in this thread. It might also help to alleviate some security/privacy fears people may have if the code is open source.

• Like 1

Can already see this being really helpful. thanks for the addon and looking forward to what you might add in the future.

My suggestion would be, if possible have the backlog page show the amount of trophies/points to be earnt remaining instead of the total amount for the game/s in question (assuming you have started the game of course).

Edited by stargate1995

Another thing I do wonder about is how many requests this script does? Also, when you use jquery to process requested pages, beware it tends to load a lot of extra stuff too, to load the page properly. This is often not necessary. Also, certain requests will likely be declined if you have installed some ad blocker, because people may have usernames with the word "ad" in it etc. I really hope it spams the web site as little as possible.

Edited by MMDE