[PSNP+ v8.4] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

2 minutes ago, pot1414 said:

As programmer I agree with MMDE.You guys should have a policy to not just trust anything on the internet unless it's from a trusted source.I'm not saying that Husky is doing anything malicious but it's a general policy you should follow when dealing with situations like this.For the record I believe Husky is legit but he should pay more attention to feedback from fellow programmers like MMDE.Also you guys have to stop being so fragile and getting offended on his behalf lol.I'm sure Husky can speak for himself.

My fellow greek this is exactly what good feedback is especially in the programming world.This is how you become better and it's what I ask from the senior devs I work with."Oh shit bro doesn't work for me" is terrible feedback.

I agree that if it's your job obviously you want feedback from other programmers since people who use your program might have to fix some stuff in your code in the future but if it's a one time thing you give others for free, would you really want someone picking apart and nitpicking your code? Personally I find this whole thing analogous to a waiter serving free samples outside his restaurant, and suddenly a food critic comes along telling him "This is shit, the pasta isn't even al dente, overboiled, underspiced" etc etc. ? How would you react? Wouldn't you tell him to let the "normal" people decide if the samples are good or not and stay out of this? Awesome plats by the way, yes I am slightly jealous ?

4 minutes ago, HusKy said:

I have already replied to all of his feedback. I'm also allowed to disagree with some of it.

Of course you are.That's why I said that you can speak for yourself.

9 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

I agree that if it's your job obviously you want feedback from other programmers since people who use your program might have to fix some stuff in your code in the future but if it's a one time thing you give others for free, would you really want someone picking apart and nitpicking your code? Personally I find this whole thing analogous to a waiter serving free samples outside his restaurant, and suddenly a food critic comes along telling him "This is shit, the pasta isn't even al dente, overboiled, underspiced" etc etc. 1f604.png How would you react? Wouldn't you tell him to let the "normal" people decide if the samples are good or not and stay out of this? Awesome plats by the way, yes I am slightly jealous 1f60f.png

If the food critic means well like MMDE does I would have embraced the criticism.If he's trying to be smug I would be annoyed.All in all everyone in this thread wants what's best for the community and the site.

Also thanks for the plats comment ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

I don't get paid for this, lol everything on this site that I've done has been entirely volunteer because I've wanted to do it in my free time :P 

Oh, you don't either? hehe

Edited by MMDE

6 hours ago, mackenzie129 said:

Honestly if mmde and husky work together I'm sure this will be out of beta and into alpha real quick.

Most of my projects move from alpha to beta. I'd hope MMDE and HusKy working together wouldn't regress the extension.

5 minutes ago, HusKy said:

update with filtering and ordering is here.

The only update I've asked from this site (for years) has been a way to sort the games on profiles by completion time. Could you make this happen?

Edited by dj_helyx
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Hey everyone, as mentioned in my previous posts, update with filtering and ordering is here.

The backlog table is very similar in terms of functionality compared to standard games table.

36aqqXK.png

Script will update automatically but you can also force Tampermonkey to check for updates, see first post for instructions.

Great update!

Would it also be possible to add a "Ascending/Descending Order" option in future?

4 hours ago, dj_helyx said:

Most of my projects move from alpha to beta. I'd hope MMDE and HusKy working together wouldn't regress the extension.

Woops you  right my bad, still though we have an opportunity here to have great things just we gotta work together

Would there be a future update to see plat %?

Edited by mackenzie129

On 08.09.2019 at 8:52 PM, HusKy said:

Hey everyone, as mentioned in my previous posts, update with filtering and ordering is here.

The backlog table is very similar in terms of functionality compared to standard games table.

36aqqXK.png

Hey, Husky. Thank you for the useful extension to this site, much appreciate it. Could you add in a future update button for switching between ordering direction in Backlog, like the one Trophy Log has? Right now ordering backlog games is descending only, would like to have an option to arrange the list in ascending order too.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Se7en said:

Hey, Husky. Thank you for the useful extension to this site, much appreciate it. Could you add in a future update button for switching between ordering direction in Backlog, like the one Trophy Log has? Right now ordering backlog games is descending only, would like to have an option to arrange the list in ascending order too.

Alright, I will add direction in the next update. Should be done some time this week.

@mackenzie129 I was thinking about this before the first version but I don't like couple things:

• there's no info about 100% completion rate on the trophies page
  • there's no info about platinum or completion page on the games search page

This would make individual backlog items incomplete and I want to avoid that for now.

I will keep it in mind though.

@dj_helyx I think with userscript this would be possible only if the whole games list is loaded first and then reordered on the page. Haven't touched games table yet so this would have to go on backburner for now.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 3

I had no idea I needed this until now!

Looking through it, I don't know if it's possible but can you make it show if the game has a guide too? Or at least allow us to manually mark it as having a guide? Like if I were to scroll through the backlog I'd be able to easily see if it has a guide without clicking to the actual game page or guide page. I have no idea if it can be done so just suggesting it.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

go to your profile, select "Not 100%", there, that's your backlog

Not even close. My backlog is about 800 games deep and none of them are added to my profile yet. Perhaps you missed the point of this thread.

• Like 4