[PSNP+ v8.5] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

@GraniteSnake @Arcesius Thanks for the feedback. I think I came up with a good compromise - the button will interact with last active game list. This information (name of the list) will be displayed in the tooltip. This way I can keep the button while keeping things simple.

To switch to another active list, you simply view that list via "Game Lists" in your profile. I might also add a quick switch directly in game search later.

• Like 3

Hey @HusKy big fan of your work. I absolutely love the extension. Just wondering, is it possible to make it that when you make lists or backlogs the total amount of trophies displayed takes into account the ones you've already earned? For example: I have a list with 20 games and at the top it reads 20 Games • 1061 trophies. However, I've earned 179 of those trophies. Is it possible that it reads, more accurately, 20 Games • 882 Trophies. Thanks and keep up the good work! :) 

3 hours ago, Weskerfan75 said:

Hey @HusKy big fan of your work. I absolutely love the extension. Just wondering, is it possible to make it that when you make lists or backlogs the total amount of trophies displayed takes into account the ones you've already earned? For example: I have a list with 20 games and at the top it reads 20 Games • 1061 trophies. However, I've earned 179 of those trophies. Is it possible that it reads, more accurately, 20 Games • 882 Trophies. Thanks and keep up the good work! :) 

Right now this is not possible, I would have to expand progress scraper which actually shouldn't be a problem. I will most likely add this in the update that comes after next update. :)

On 4/24/2020 at 4:07 AM, HusKy said:

How many of you use the "Backlog" button in game search? (1) It's pain in the *** to add support for this button for lists and I'm just wondering if it's worth the extra work.

(1) Visible here: https://psnprofiles.com/search/games?q=uncharted

I used to, but has since transferred my backlog of games to a new game list. I remember you mentioning hat the backlog feature will be removed.

23 minutes ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

I used to, but has since transferred my backlog of games to a new game list. I remember you mentioning hat the backlog feature will be removed.

Yes, indeed. But the feature will never disappear if you have at least 1 game in your backlog. Just to make things clear, you will never lose your data - your backlog.

Next update coming soon will feature one click conversion of your backlog to game list.

16 hours ago, HusKy said:

Alright, update v2.3 is here.

@Zenpai Yep, it's most likely possible but not exactly top of my priority list. I will see what I can do.

Thanks Husky, loving the game lists. I wanted to ask: can we make it easier to add games to a specific list (rather than adding to most recent list) or move games between lists?

I have converted my backlog into a game list and just now segmenting the backlog into many different lists, but finding it a bit cumbersome to add games to each list. It would be much easier if there were buttons for "add game to list x" and "move game to list y". Thanks again for all your hard work on this - it's made a huge difference for backlog tracking.

3 hours ago, sundrew said:

Thanks Husky, loving the game lists. I wanted to ask: can we make it easier to add games to a specific list (rather than adding to most recent list) or move games between lists?

I have converted my backlog into a game list and just now segmenting the backlog into many different lists, but finding it a bit cumbersome to add games to each list. It would be much easier if there were buttons for "add game to list x" and "move game to list y". Thanks again for all your hard work on this - it's made a huge difference for backlog tracking.

Glad you like it!

About adding games - you can add your games in 2 ways:

1. Add via game search - this only interacts with last active list and is useful for initially populating new lists
    1. example: https://psnprofiles.com/search/games?q=uncharted - green/red button on the right side
  2. Add via trophy list view - you can add any game to any list that you have created
    1. example: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7933-overcooked-2/ - see here on the right side

In your case, I would recommend using method 2 since you needed to add several different games to different lists.

Moving games between lists will be added soon, maybe even next update.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Glad you like it!

About adding games - you can add your games in 2 ways:

1. Add via game search - this only interacts with last active list and is useful for initially populating new lists
    1. example: https://psnprofiles.com/search/games?q=uncharted - green/red button on the right side
  2. Add via trophy list view - you can add any game to any list that you have created
    1. example: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7933-overcooked-2/ - see here on the right side

In your case, I would recommend using method 2 since you needed to add several different games to different lists.

Moving games between lists will be added soon, maybe even next update.

Ah cool, thanks for the response! I think I will wait for the moving games feature to be implemented in the next update to settle my backlog. 

I also encountered a small glitch for your attention: when I'm searching for a game in the "Games" section (let's use "Final Fantasy" as an example), and then click on "Game Lists," nothing actually happens. I don't get redirected to my games lists. If I'm not searching for anything, I am always redirected properly. It's a small thing and not a big deal, but wanted to let you know.

20 minutes ago, sundrew said:

I also encountered a small glitch for your attention: when I'm searching for a game in the "Games" section (let's use "Final Fantasy" as an example), and then click on "Game Lists," nothing actually happens. I don't get redirected to my games lists. If I'm not searching for anything, I am always redirected properly. It's a small thing and not a big deal, but wanted to let you know.

I'm unable to reproduce this. Here are my steps:

1. Go to https://psnprofiles.com/games
  2. Type "Final Fantasy" in the search box (top right)
  3. Press Enter key
  4. I'm redirected to https://psnprofiles.com/search/games?q=final fantasy
  5. Click my username in top right corner -> Game Lists
  6. I'm redirected to Game Lists view

Sorry if this has already been asked! But is there a way to insert/compare my list against the current trophy advisor page? It's always been a good way for me to see which of my current games is going to be easiest to finish and it'd be cool to be able to insert ones into that which I haven't started yet. 

Thanks for your amazing work btw!

46 minutes ago, Pray07 said:

Sorry if this has already been asked! But is there a way to insert/compare my list against the current trophy advisor page? It's always been a good way for me to see which of my current games is going to be easiest to finish and it'd be cool to be able to insert ones into that which I haven't started yet. 

Thanks for your amazing work btw!

This is not possible right now. Technically, it is doable but PSNP+ would have to scrape and store large amounts of data - full trophy list for each game which is not very feasible.

15 minutes ago, HusKy said:

This is not possible right now. Technically, it is doable but PSNP+ would have to scrape and store large amounts of data - full trophy list for each game which is not very feasible.

Fair enough, thanks for answering though :)

I'm guessing this isn't possible either with huge amounts of data. Basically, I have an excel sheet of all my games that have online trophies so I can get those out of the way. Anyway that could automatically be done, for instance if a guide tags it as "Multiplayer Only" or through some kind of community tagging? All those trophies could then be generated to a separate Games List?

Awesome features though!

• Like 1

@HusKy this userscript is fantastic, thank you so much for your hard work!

From what I can tell you're maintaining the code yourself in a private GitHub repo and distributing it via Dropbox.
Is it possible to make the code open-source? Perhaps then some of us can vet the code and also add PRs if necessary to help you out.

Not to mention bug and issue tracking.

----------------------------

Suggestions:

• As you add new features or adjust stuff, can you compile a github.io page or something to explain how to use the feature?
    • For example, I'm just trying the thing out now and can't figure out how to add games to a custom "game list".
      Is there a button on the first "Profile" tab, do I search for the game in the gamelist (nothing is popping up).
    • Probably something most ppl will figure out after some time, but it's good to have some kind of a "user manual",
      without worrying too much if it gets a bit outdated or if it's put together in 10 mins and not overly ambitious in its look-and-feel.
      Just something for new users to refer to.
  • Add a button next to "sessions" in the PSNP Session page, when clicked on, all game sessions for that game are hidden from view.
    • Should be as simple as grabbing the value from this anchor tag (example): 
      <a class="title" href="/session/205188-littlebigplanet-2">LittleBigPlanet 2</a>

• Might get tricky if there are multiple regional versions of a game and the user only wants to hide a specific region version, hopefully there's exposed data in the session page to make that differentiation without having to dive deeper into the hyperlinks and retrieve this info.
    • On the top of the page add a toggle-able dropdown box where we can view what games are hidden, and remove some or all from the list if we want to.
Edited by ryuji_sakujo
  • Like 2

On 9/5/2019 at 8:34 PM, HusKy said:

Gaming Sessions

• Added more filtering and search options to sessions
  • Ability to display info about latest sessions in your games list / backlog

Where can I find these additional filtering and search options?

Edited by ryuji_sakujo

42 minutes ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

@HusKy this userscript is fantastic, thank you so much for your hard work!

Thanks.

For the time being, the script will stay in private repo. If you want to contribute, you can contact me via PM and we can work something out.

Now, regarding suggestions:

1st:

• I work on this only in my free time and keeping meaningful documentation updated and relevant takes serious effort.
  • However, I would much rather improve the overall UX/UI of some features that are perhaps misunderstood. So if there is something that can be improved, I would rather make it easier to use than write some docs that only a miniscule part of the userbase will read.
  • For what it's worth, the UX for lists will be further improved. Mostly the "Create list and add your first game" flow.

2nd:

• Can you describe a use case for this?
  • Each region has separate session, they don't mix.

26 minutes ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

Where can I find these additional filtering and search options?

Currently, it's just platform filter and it's visible right there in the sessions. And of course the large search bar that allows to search by game name.

4 hours ago, HusKy said:

Currently, it's just platform filter and it's visible right there in the sessions. And of course the large search bar that allows to search by game name.

Thanks, I should've toggled the script on/off and made a visual comparison.
Thanks anyway for getting back to me so quickly and explaining!

4 hours ago, HusKy said:

2nd [suggestion]:

• Can you describe a use case for this?

Yes, those of us that have many game sessions to wade through, games that are already 100% that we are not interested in playing anymore.
It would be great if we could filter those out.

4 hours ago, HusKy said:

1st [suggestion]

• I work on this only in my free time and keeping meaningful documentation updated and relevant takes serious effort.
  • However, I would much rather improve the overall UX/UI of some features that are perhaps misunderstood. So if there is something that can be improved, I would rather make it easier to use than write some docs that only a miniscule part of the userbase will read.
  • For what it's worth, the UX for lists will be further improved. Mostly the "Create list and add your first game" flow.

That's a good point, you're right, maybe having docs is not suitable for this project.

I would suggest something like a "first time tutorial", where visiting a page that the script is active on "dims down" other elements and "highlights" the ones that PSNP+ alters, with a caption next to or underneath the highlighted element. eg. in the session page this could be a highlighting of the search bar with the caption "PSNP+ allows you to filter out games with the search bar".
This tutorial should be a one-time only thing and should be possible to disable through user settings, and reset if a user wants to see the tutorial again, easy enough to implement with a stored boolean value.

Another suggestion and a low-hanging fruit implementation-wise:

• In Sessions page, have a filter/button for viewing only "my own sessions" (that I am hosting)
    this is as simple as regex filtering out all sessions titled <gametitle> with <PSN ID>,
    as my own sessions are simply titled <gametitle>
    • The exception being games that have "with" in their title..
      for those you can either check if another "with" appears afterwards and something clever to determine whether it's a part of the game title or PSN ID.
      On the assumption that no game titles to date have "with" twice in their game title a heuristic like this would be a good enough solution.
    • An even safer way to parse gametitle and PSN ID would be to simply check if the "with" is part of the anchor tag, which would indicate it's a part of the game title.
Edited by ryuji_sakujo

On 30/04/2020 at 4:02 PM, pandaswithbombs said:

I'm guessing this isn't possible either with huge amounts of data. Basically, I have an excel sheet of all my games that have online trophies so I can get those out of the way. Anyway that could automatically be done, for instance if a guide tags it as "Multiplayer Only" or through some kind of community tagging? All those trophies could then be generated to a separate Games List?

Awesome features though!

Sorry for missing your post.

Technically, it is possible but it involves ton of scraping which I'm not very comfortable with. Further more this would only work with *some* games depending on guide being available and tags being assigned correctly.

On 04/05/2020 at 1:25 AM, ryuji_sakujo said:

Yes, those of us that have many game sessions to wade through, games that are already 100% that we are not interested in playing anymore.
It would be great if we could filter those out.

In that case, I would rather add a simple on/off toggle in sessions to hide all 100% games. This would keep the things simple while still providing the key functionality: easily hide 100% games from sessions. I will try to add this feature soon.

On 04/05/2020 at 1:25 AM, ryuji_sakujo said:

... I would suggest something like a "first time tutorial" ...

I think, this would be "nice to have" at best, but it's not something that would provide new substantial feature to users. I still have several things to polish around Game Lists so that's what I'm focusing on right now.

20 hours ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

Another suggestion and a low-hanging fruit implementation-wise:

• In Sessions page, have a filter/button for viewing only "my own sessions" (that I am hosting)....

New "Host" filter will be available in the next update.

• Like 3

Hey @HusKy,

Just want to first say thanks for all your hard work and efforts into PSNP+. It makes using this site much more useful!

If I could offer a suggestion, and I don't know how feasible this is, or if its been brought up already, but would it be possible to sort our game lists on average completion time? Maybe take the 50 fastest achievers and work out an average? Sometimes when I'm looking for what to play next, I just want something quick that won't take hours upon hours.

Again, thanks for PSNP+ and keep up the fantastic work ?

On 4/30/2020 at 4:08 AM, HusKy said:

I'm unable to reproduce this. Here are my steps:

1. Go to https://psnprofiles.com/games
  2. Type "Final Fantasy" in the search box (top right)
  3. Press Enter key
  4. I'm redirected to https://psnprofiles.com/search/games?q=final fantasy
  5. Click my username in top right corner -> Game Lists
  6. I'm redirected to Game Lists view

Actually I'm having a similar issue, only it's not just when searching for games, it's when I'm on any page other than my profile (games, guides, etc.):

EW6CWzh.jpg

You can see in the bottom left it tries to send me to psnprofiles.com/guides#, but I think it's supposed to be something like psnprofiles.com/Masamune-XIII#gamelists? So whenever I click it, it basically just refreshes the current page. :hmm: