[PSNP+ v8.3] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

On 2019-09-06 at 3:20 PM, adam1984123 said:

Mate, you are doing an awesome job. Your contributions to this site and the trophy hunting community in general (the discovery of downgrading digital games to 1.0) have been amazing. Couldn’t care less if sly made this site - he’s doing nothing for it for ages now and never even acknowledges all the stuff his paying customers (premium members)

Eh... I think referring to us as "paying" customers is a bit much. We pay once and then we're premium forever. It's a generous proposition when most other sites would charge you monthly in order to avoid ads or get other benefits.

Do I think some things could be better... sure. Do I feel like years of being premium haven't been worth the $10 or whatever it is (been so long I forget what it is and I'm too lazy to look)? It's been more than worth it. Despite the forum STILL not showing where a "recent topic" is posted even though that oversight I complained about with the "upgrade" to this new [at the time] forum layout. At least let me hover over the thing. Do I really need to be told via the over info that that if I click something I'll visit *insert thread title*? Redundancy is a huge pet peeve. Especially when so many threads are literally people asking for help and then you click it and it's some game you've never played. I digress.

Point is... I think people are expecting a bit much. Even at it's worst, it's still 100000x better than a certain other trophy site I know. And I can't think of a single update that site has ever done, at least not one I've noticed in over 9 years being a member there.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, No It Was My Cousin said:

Great work @HusKy, you work ethic and initiative is an inspiration to me.

@HusKy @BlindMango @B1rvine = The real professional, decent people who should be running this site.

Site owner doesn't give a shit anymore, lost his passion. Doesn't communicate with the site's users.

@HusKy proves that in life you shouldn't wait for others to change something, you got to do it yourself.

His work ethic? He said himself he did this in a couple of hours...

You seem very ungrateful for what Sly does to me. He's been working hard on all the changes Sony does. AFAIK, he works on the site for many hours every work day, and he communicates with users if you just use the correct channels.

As for professionalism:

• HusKy didn't take feedback on his code all that well, which should actually be part of the programming profession to be able to do. It's silly all the people not understanding the problem with what he put out and damage controlling for the issues.
  • BlindMango gets paid, it's his profession. Some of his job is pretty much community manager, so I expect him to be professional about that part then, also he's not a programmer, he does a lot of the design and images etc.
  • B1rvine and me isn't paid, and B1rvine is not a programmer. He helps with removing cheaters from the leaderboard.
Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

On 7. 9. 2019 at 10:10 AM, mackenzie129 said:

excellent you understood the stupid I was typing, though loving it. 

Will our backlogs stay in tact?

Yep, that's my plan. As long as you don't uninstall the script, it should stay as it is. I would like to add some sort of data export later.

23 hours ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

I've joined testing the script, great job obviously.

But I have question about the "country highlight" function, when you enter the leaderboard of any game, small typebox in upper-left corner change to "Country highlight:" and there's also LEADERBOARD (HIGHLIGHTED: 0). What it is supposed to show?

I provided only weak explanation, sorry. You can add 1 or more country names (must match flag name) separated by comma and these rows will be highlighted. (image)

Let me know if you need more help.

20 hours ago, bjenn_x said:

Any chance of making the repo public? I'm sure there are a bunch of people here that would love to contribute, it's also any easier way to track issues rather people commenting in this thread. It might also help to alleviate some security/privacy fears people may have if the code is open source.

I would like to do that later. For now I can give access to anyone with GH account who is interested in contributing.

20 hours ago, stargate1995 said:

My suggestion would be, if possible have the backlog page show the amount of trophies/points to be earnt remaining instead of the total amount for the game/s in question (assuming you have started the game of course).

Well, the backlog is only really meant for your unplayed games. If you add a game which you already have in your games list it will count it as if you have never played it before. For now, you will need to remove a game manually after it appears in your games list as well.

19 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

@HusKy could this be used with a secure browser? I use the one that you can download with the free Avast antivirus.

I think so. It's Chromium based so as long as you can install Tampermonkey from Chrome store, you are good to go.

6 hours ago, MMDE said:

Another thing I do wonder about is how many requests this script does?

HTTP reqs? 0. Already said that before.

• Like 2

Just now, HusKy said:

HTTP reqs? 0. Already said that before.

So what is the jquery for then? Do you use it instead of just doing document.querySelector and appendChild etc? Now I almost wanna run the script in a trusted environment and see what it does, because it's impossible to see what it does from what you've done here.

• Like 1

Okay, so thanks to the ?dl=1 at the end, greasemonkey doesn't detect it's a greasemonkey script when I first try to install it. Just asks if I wanna download it. This means I gotta download it, and then I no longer have the automatic check for update from where it's sourced, and won't be receiving updates automatically due to missing fields for this.

Next up, when I do run it, firefox tells me:

Script error in [Greasemonkey script null/Unnamed Script]: ReferenceError: $ is not defined Unnamed Script:12225:19

<anonymous> user-script:null/Unnamed Script:12225

Not once, but 5 times! And another time... so this is something you put in a loop? :S

And furthermore it has a lot of debug print out. Such as "BacklogStorage initialized", every time that error happens.
Edited by MMDE

2 minutes ago, MMDE said:

That makes the auto update stuff works, but I'm still getting the errors.

I would move this debugging discussion to PM. Can you send me a screenshot?

There is no line 12225 in the script so I'm unable to tell what's wrong.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HusKy said:

I would move this debugging discussion to PM. Can you send me a screenshot?

There is no line 12225 in the script so I'm unable to tell what's wrong.

As for if these scripts are supposed to be 900 000 characters long. I accidentally opened the script in tampermonkey on firefox, and after that pages stopped being able to load no matter how many new tabs I opened. I had to restart firefox. :S And this is repeatable. Trust me, it's not intended for 900 000 characters. You're supposed to write simple javascript and if you need some public library, you should include it the way I stated at the beginning.

2019-09-08-12h12-58.png

And I know why it fails, but you can have the pleasure to debug and fix it. :P 

Edited by MMDE

This is really great, I've wanted a feature like this on PSNP for ages. Was wondering if you could provide screenshots to show where all the floating menus are as I've only found the refresh profile one so far. Also in regards to ordering the backlog, would it be possible to add a feature to manually move each one around like you can with the Trophy Cabinet? 

My Backlog:
- 16 Games
- 656 Trophies
- 17,355 Points

Edited by I-SilentEcho-I
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Doucet-182 said:

Some of the feedback you've been receiving from a staff member is extremely innapropriate and I truly wish they had DM'd you instead of airing this publicly and derailing this entire thread.

That being said, this is awesome and I can't wait to try it :)

:facepalm:

Giving feedback on the code he shares on this site is not inappropriate. He's going about the script the wrong way around.

This is the public thread where he should be getting this feedback, and warning other users.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Doucet-182 said:

You started off by insinuating his code was malicious and now you're on about saying his script is written the wrong way.

You're arguing about something nobody cares about. Hell if you think you can do a better code, maybe try writing a better script and help get it implemented for the site.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Okay, so let's address this once and for all. It's normal to get feedback on the code you share like this, and I have in no way said anything inappropriate to him.

Let's start with the basics here. Code doesn't get insulted.

I already did write an example code that did pretty much the exact same stuff. It's an easy task, and he didn't spend much time on this either.

The main issue here is that he's not scripting a greasemonkey/tampermonkey script, but rather a web application. He's writing for a totally different frame work, and then packing and deploying it in a way it wasn't intended. In other words, he goes about this in the wrong way, and if you read my comments, at least with some basic knowledge of what I was talking about, you'd see that as well.

I can't read the code, and I don't trust the source. It includes a lot of libraries packed into the code making it unreadable and bloated. Most of the libraries are NOT needed. I did much of the same functionality without the use of any library in quite few lines of code. You should not trust scripts like these that you can't read. It's not difficult to find lots of data to back this up. In fact, some versions of these add-ons warns the user when they try to add new scripts about it.

On 9/6/2019 at 7:58 PM, HusKy said:

Hey everyone, thanks for all the positive feedback. I will be pushing first small feature update which will add ability to order your backlog and filter by platform - similar to how it works in your games list.

@DaivRules There are several guides available which you can use to get you up and running, for example this one. All in all, it requires some knowledge of JavaScript, HTML and CSS.

I have written my first browser script maybe 10 years ago and I write code for a living so PSNP+ only took me couple hours to make overall.

Even here he links to a guide that tells him to link to external libraries... In fact, it follows much of the same way of scripting as I did in the code I posted.

It's not me being a meanie, it's him not agreeing or listening to the feedback, and a lot of people damage controlling over this, because he took shortcuts and spent 2 hours on making it.

2 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

It's the furthest thing from constructive, as those who offer such criticism generally understand the importance of maintaining a positive tone when providing feedback so as to avoid being perceived as a buzzkill. 

I sense nothing but snark and a hint of jealousy. 

Yes, I'm always direct... If this is his profession, he should be able to handle it just fine.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, MMDE said:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Okay, so let's address this once and for all. It's normal to get feedback on the code you share like this, and I have in no way said anything inappropriate to him.

Let's start with the basics here. Code doesn't get insulted.

I already did write an example code that did pretty much the exact same stuff. It's an easy task, and he didn't spend much time on this either.

The main issue here is that he's not scripting a greasemonkey/tampermonkey script, but rather a web application. He's writing for a totally different frame work, and then packing and deploying it in a way it wasn't intended. In other words, he goes about this in the wrong way, and if you read my comments, at least with some basic knowledge of what I was talking about, you'd see that as well.

I can't read the code, and I don't trust the source. It includes a lot of libraries packed into the code making it unreadable and bloated. Most of the libraries are NOT needed. I did much of the same functionality without the use of any library in quite few lines of code. You should not trust scripts like these that you can't read. It's not difficult to find lots of data to back this up. In fact, some versions of these add-ons warns the user when they try to add new scripts about it.

Even here he links to a guide that tells him to link to external libraries... In fact, it follows much of the same way of scripting as I did in the code I posted.

It's not me being a meanie, it's him not agreeing or listening to the feedback, and a lot of people damage controlling over this, because he spent 2 hours on making this.

In your mind asking for feedback = critiquing someone's code and telling him how you could do it so much better than him? Feedback = "Oh cool bro it works", "Oh shit bro doesn't work for me", "Hey maybe you could add such and such option too in the future". You try to belittle his work "It's only 2 hours", even it if took 10 mins he took the initiative and gave us this extension for free, where is your psnp extension again?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, panikooooos said:

In your mind asking for feedback = critiquing someone's code and telling him how you could do it so much better than him? Feedback = "Oh cool bro it works", "Oh shit bro doesn't work for me", "Hey maybe you could add such and such option too in the future". You try to belittle his work "It's only 2 hours", even it if took 10 mins he took the initiative and gave us this extension for free, where is your psnp extension again?

:facepalm:

I didn't start with telling how much better I could do it. I started out with telling how much better it could be done, and the problems with the code, and warned users not to use it. The examples you posted is not good feedback.

I've made several before, but I keep them private. However, I did post an example of how this can be done (working) earlier in this thread.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

Was wondering if you could provide screenshots to show where all the floating menus are as I've only found the refresh profile one so far. Also in regards to ordering the backlog, would it be possible to add a feature to manually move each one around like you can with the Trophy Cabinet?

Can't make screenshots now but this list should be sufficient (floating menu is always located in top left corner):

• profile - refresh button
  • guide - hide earned trophies
  • game leaderboard - country highlight

About custom reordering: For now, this is not planned. The backlog table should work pretty much the same like your games table. I will keep it in mind though.

• Like 1