[PSNP+ v8.3] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

On 11/27/2019 at 3:33 AM, HusKy said:

Hey everyone, sorry for being inactive last week or so. I was away on vacation for couple days and then I caught some bug or something and I didn't feel too good and also I had a lot going on at work so I did not work on PSNP+. Nonetheless I have done some very small changes and these will be released later this week - nothing major though. Just some small QoL improvements.

I will properly reply to your comments later. :)

No problem, take care of yourself and your stuff.  Thanks for paying attention to us in the first place!

Thanks for the update, @HusKy.

On 30.11.2019 at 0:04 PM, HusKy said:

The only thing I dislike is that this would be a "cat and mouse" game because sessions become outdated all the time.

The point is (at least for me) not to have constantly up to date information about game sessions every time Backlog list is opened, but to have ability to retrieve that kind of information when choosing what game to start next, and to be able to follow the link with all upcoming sessions for that game right away without bothering to open all sessions page and rummaging through tons of filters.

On 02/12/2019 at 0:25 AM, Se7en said:

Thanks for the update, @HusKy.

The point is (at least for me) not to have constantly up to date information about game sessions every time Backlog list is opened, but to have ability to retrieve that kind of information when choosing what game to start next, and to be able to follow the link with all upcoming sessions for that game right away without bothering to open all sessions page and rummaging through tons of filters.

Ok, so I looked into sessions, more specifically "https://psnprofiles.com/sessions?all" and I can't tell if there is a way to pair sessions (rows in the table) with actual trophy lists without making a separate HTTP request for each row.

e.g. BO3:
- session https://psnprofiles.com/session/192545-call-of-duty-black-ops-iii (URL contains ID of the session itself)

- list https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3940-call-of-duty-black-ops-iii (URL contains ID of the trophy list [important for PSNP+])

Game titles cannot be used because of stacks.

Game image URL does not match either.

edit. @mekktor let me know that the middle segment in image URL seems to be identical for all images. This information could be most likely used to identify which session belongs to which trophy list / backlog item. I will do some more digging.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 3

@HusKy incredible work as per usual man, thanks. The search function negates the main problem I had with the gaming sessions tab (having to scroll through a bunch of games I'd finished nearly 10 years ago). Also, it took a while but I finally started a game from my backlog this past week and the transition from backlog to my main profile was seamless, not that I ever doubted the feature in the first place ?

• Like 2

On 27/11/2019 at 11:44 PM, Razor_Gloves said:

working great for me, i like the ps+ badge, do you think you can also put one for ps now?

Oops, I completely missed your post. If you have a backlog item that is part of your PS Now library, my suggestion would be to use "PS Now" tag. I'm not planning to add more special tags, such as "PS+" in the future.

Is there any way to see my progress on a game's trophies through the backlog? As much as I like the feature, I can't really get much use of it without being able to track progress right from the backlog so I can get an idea of where exactly I am with each game. Not sure if this was brought up before, but the topic is 10 pages long and I didn't check on it for a while. :P

Edited by Walt the Dog

6 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

Is there any way to see my progress on a game's trophies through the backlog? As much as I like the feature, I can't really get much use of it without being able to track progress right from the backlog so I can get an idea of where exactly I am with each game. Not sure if this was brought up before, but the topic is 10 pages long and I didn't check on it for a while. :P

The backlog is really meant for games you own but have not started yet.

Isn't this what you are looking for? https://psnprofiles.com/Wdog-999?completion=incomplete

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

The backlog is really meant for games you own but have not started yet.

Isn't this what you are looking for? https://psnprofiles.com/Wdog-999?completion=incomplete

I was more hoping for something where I could have a list of what incomplete games I specifically want to get to since I have about 500 games incomplete on my profile already, so the general Incomplete filter is overwhelming.

I think the latest release is almost perfection.  Can I ask if it's intentional not to update the gaming sessions icon on your profile if it loads in more games?  I understand it triggers when it loads, but I'm sure there's a hook for the infinite load call.  It also doesn't do it when I load all games.  (This feature makes PSNP sooo much more useable).

Love this so much!

12 hours ago, Walt the Dog said:

I was more hoping for something where I could have a list of what incomplete games I specifically want to get to since I have about 500 games incomplete on my profile already, so the general Incomplete filter is overwhelming.

Yep, I know what you mean. I actually plan to add progress scraping some time in the future. This progress will also appear in backlog if you don't enable "Automatically remove started games" in the settings.

6 hours ago, BlackJudas said:

I think the latest release is almost perfection.  Can I ask if it's intentional not to update the gaming sessions icon on your profile if it loads in more games?  I understand it triggers when it loads, but I'm sure there's a hook for the infinite load call.  It also doesn't do it when I load all games.  (This feature makes PSNP sooo much more useable).

Love this so much!

Yep, right now it's only added for the 100 games that load on the initial page load. I'm planning to add it for every game including those that are loaded dynamically later.

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

I guess you are talking about PSNProfiles.com Premium Membership which is not related to this script.

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

I guess you are talking about PSNProfiles.com Premium Membership which is not related to this script.

And what is this about than?

@HusKy I find that even though I've selected that the system default to all gaming sessions, it now only defaults to games I own.  I could've sworn it worked in the past.  The only thing that I can think of is that I've created a session recently.  Maybe that's related to it breaking?

Unsure, and everything else is working as expected.

7 hours ago, BlackJudas said:

@HusKy I find that even though I've selected that the system default to all gaming sessions, it now only defaults to games I own.  I could've sworn it worked in the past.  The only thing that I can think of is that I've created a session recently.  Maybe that's related to it breaking?

Unsure, and everything else is working as expected.

The functionality at the moment is rather simple. When the feature is enabled, it will change the link in the top navigation bar from "/sessions" to "/sessions?all" and that's it.

I just realized that if you are going there from the forum, it does not work because the script does not run on "forums.psnprofiles.com" subdomain.