[PSNP+ v8.3] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

14 hours ago, ZionAxis said:

Hey @HusKy,

Just want to first say thanks for all your hard work and efforts into PSNP+. It makes using this site much more useful!

If I could offer a suggestion, and I don't know how feasible this is, or if its been brought up already, but would it be possible to sort our game lists on average completion time? Maybe take the 50 fastest achievers and work out an average? Sometimes when I'm looking for what to play next, I just want something quick that won't take hours upon hours.

Again, thanks for PSNP+ and keep up the fantastic work 1f44d.png

Thanks!

Frankly, I find the top 50 fastest achievers to be rather an unrealible source when it comes to completion time statistic. For example, Limbo would be somewhere around 45 minutes when in fact even the fastest guy on the leaderboard isn't even close to this time and for average Joe it's several times that amount.

For now, I won't be adding it since there is no reliable way and I really don't like solutions that are unpredictable. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

@Masamune The link is pretty wonky. I will see what I can do for next update. Right now it definitely doesn't work if you click it with your mouse wheel (open in new tab). However, the"link" itself is correct, redirect is handled in the click handler hence the `#` in URL.

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

The link is pretty wonky. I will see what I can do for next update. Right now it definitely doesn't work if you click it with your mouse wheel (open in new tab). However, the"link" itself is correct, redirect is handled in the click handler hence the `#` in URL.

I think I got a temporary fix using a redirector extension, it actually only works if you're opening it in a new tab though. ?

wLzIsLq.jpg

So basically wherever I try to open the game lists in a new tab (from guides, trophies, etc), instead of opening the same page, it'll force it to my game list. :P

But I just finished putting together my backlog of 100+ games (it took longer than it should have because I didn't notice you could add games from the search list ?), I like how you can sort your list by a plats rarity, see which have guides available, etc... I don't know how you have the time to work on this & still play games, but awesome job. :D

17 minutes ago, Masamune said:

my backlog of 100+ games (it took longer than it should have because I didn't notice you could add games from the search list 1f605.png)

Make sure to backup your data in PSNP+ Settings! :)

• Like 1

Suggestion:

Edited by ryuji_sakujo
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

Suggestion:

I'd actually love this, the search function on this site can be absolutely retarded at times. For another example type in 'Metal Gear Solid' and look at the results. It's much better over on playstationtrophies.org, the results are what you actually searched for and they are listed alphabetically as well.

@ryuji_sakujo @GraniteSnake Technically, some of this is possible but it's limited. The script can only organize/filter/process whatever is visible on the page. It cannot make the results more relevant.

For example: you click "PS Vita platform filter" > script filters out rows that do not match PS Vita platform but there might be more PS Vita games on page 2 of search results. Do you still find this useful?

Edited by HusKy

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

@ryuji_sakujo @GraniteSnake Technically, some of this is possible but it's limited. The script can only organize/filter/process whatever is visible on the page. It cannot make the results more relevant.

For example: you click "PS Vita platform filter" > script filters out rows that do not match PS Vita platform but there might be more PS Vita games on page 2 of search results. Do you still find this useful?

Sure, if we need more results we just go to the next page.
Even though it would be ideal to "fill the first page", this requires extra effort scraping page 2 to last page.
I would still vote for implementing this kind of filter.

Wanted to give a suggestion for a blacklist feature.  So pretty much something where we can add games to a list and they wouldn't be able to be added to any other game lists.  That can be a spot to put in stuff that has unobtainable platinums, closed servers, or we're just generally not interested in them.

I think it could be useful because I often will check here before buying a game to see if it has unobtainable trophies, DLC trophies or sometimes to even figure out what kind of game it is (because a lot of store pages fail to even give that much).  While a game list could cover it, one advantage to a blacklist feature could be that that particular list also displays a message on the trophy page about the game being on your blacklist and possibly with a note as to why when the current game list feature doesn't display on the trophy page what lists you put the game on.

Though an alternative to that could be to make it so that a trophy page will show what lists you put the game on so we could use a list for that purpose.  I know the main reason I'd like something like this is I found out two games I own have unobtainable 100%s and I removed them from my backlog list and don't want to accidentally think I missed them and add them back and then miss that they are unobtainable.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ryuji_sakujo said:

However, the host filter does not seem to work for my own sessions. I can still filter and see others.

I have 4 sessions now and they don't appear when I select the filter "Host (Me)".

That sounds like a logical error somewhere.

The list of names below "Me" should contain your name too. When you click it, does it display only your sessions?

edit. I have tested it again and it does work for me. Weird.

Edited by HusKy

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

That sounds like a logical error somewhere.

The list of names below "Me" should contain your name too. When you click it, does it display only your sessions?

edit. I have tested it again and it does work for me. Weird.

I'm having the same issue. I have one active session at the moment. When I click on 'Me' it doesn't display any sessions. Also my name isn't under the list of names that come after 'Me'. Searching my own name in the search bar doesn't show up any sessions either. Hope this information is of some help at least

25 minutes ago, GraniteSnake said:

I'm having the same issue. I have one active session at the moment. When I click on 'Me' it doesn't display any sessions. Also my name isn't under the list of names that come after 'Me'. Searching my own name in the search bar doesn't show up any sessions either. Hope this information is of some help at least

Is the session actually present on the page? If you do "Ctrl+F" and search for "GraniteSnake", do you find the session?

Also, try here: https://psnprofiles.com/sessions?all

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

Is the session actually present on the page? If you do "Ctrl+F" and search for "GraniteSnake", do you find the session?

Also, try here: https://psnprofiles.com/sessions?all

Yep, it's in the 'Your upcoming sessions' as normal. It also appears with every variation as normal (Games I own, All Games, the game itself, group by game, date, platform). Ctrl+F yields no results (probably because there's no Game name (Fortnite) with 'x' on my own session, only the game name). I also tried creating a new session just to see if it might've shown up then but no luck.

Once I switch the host to 'Me' it's no longer there under any variation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

Yep, it's in the 'Your upcoming sessions' as normal. It also appears with every variation as normal (Games I own, All Games, the game itself, group by game, date, platform). Ctrl+F yields no results (probably because there's no Game name (Fortnite) with 'x' on my own session, only the game name). I also tried creating a new session just to see if it might've shown up then but no luck.

Once I switch the host to 'Me' it's no longer there under any variation.

OK, I think I know where's the problem. Will have to create a dummy session to fix this properly. Thanks for providing the info. :)

3 hours ago, Barbeqmeister said:

Thank you for your awesome work! My only wish is that this was also available on my ipad but unfortunately apple doesn't allow any browser extensions on ios so it won't happen 1f614.png

Yes, as you have already figured out, it's not possible on iOS since all browsers run the same embedded webkit which doesn't support extensions.

• Like 1

@ryuji_sakujo @GraniteSnake When I was implementing "Host (Me)" filter, I actually did not create my own session so I did not know the "Your Upcoming Sessions" section even existed. This section makes it pretty clear which sessions are hosted by me and also it's shown right at the top. Because of that, it seems like the "Me" option in Host filter is obsolete and I think it should be just removed.

I can also fix it, but when you choose "Me", it will just hide all the rows below "Your Upcoming Sessions" section which seems pretty pointless.

What do you think?

Edited by HusKy

2 hours ago, HusKy said:

@ryuji_sakujo @GraniteSnake When I was implementing "Host (Me)" filter, I actually did not create my own session so I did not know the "Your Upcoming Sessions" section even existed. This section makes it pretty clear which sessions are hosted by me and also it's shown right at the top. Because of that, it seems like the "Me" option in Host filter is obsolete and I think it should be just removed.

I can also fix it, but when you choose "Me", it will just hide all the rows below "Your Upcoming Sessions" section which seems pretty pointless.

What do you think?

Agreed, there is basically no point in it being there now that you say it. I’m not sure how I didn’t realise this yesterday :facepalm::ninja:

On 11/05/2020 at 7:27 PM, Masamune said:

I think I got a temporary fix using a redirector extension, it actually only works if you're opening it in a new tab though. 1f605.png

Your fix should be hopefully not needed anymore. Try to disable this fix and test out new link implementation in the latest update.

@GraniteSnake Yep, I will wait for @ryuji_sakujo's opinion but it will most likely be just removed. :)

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, dalailama1989 said:

The bottom quarter of the pyramid is shown twice.

This is correct. I'm recycling PSN images and PSN only knows 4 rarities so the 2 most common received the same image.

Are those separated 18 counting the 0,1% UR trophies? (with 17&19 on the two Wolfenstein lists right now, this would be my closest guess) :)

I'm not sure I understand this. I see 18 UR trophies here (incl. platinum): https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6857-wolfenstein-ii-the-new-colossus

(Just fyi, but this was mentioned in the notes, only PSNP rarities are supported for rarity breakdown right now.)

Edited by HusKy