[PSNP+ v8.5] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

Platprices upgrade is awesome, thank you for great work as always !

Just a very minor recommendation: it would be great if we were to see the prices while browsing our lists instead of game's page. Wouldn't it be useful to see all prices in our wishlist (or any custom game list) ?

3 minutes ago, Akechi-no-Yabou said:

Platprices upgrade is awesome, thank you for great work as always !

Just a very minor recommendation: it would be great if we were to see the prices while browsing our lists instead of game's page. Wouldn't it be useful to see all prices in our wishlist (or any custom game list) ?

This is currently not possible (feasible) with PlatPrices API and also there are some technical issues at play here. Mostly that trophy list does not map "perfectly" to store listing.

cc @NathanielJohn What do you think about this?

Edited by HusKy

Husky, first of all I want to say thank you for all the time and effort you put on this script, it's truly an amazing job. I've been using it for quite some time now and there's just no going back to the "vanilla" PSNP now.

I have some suggestions to add:

• Adding a border to the rest of the console tags: this is a very minor issue, but the white PS5 logo is a bit bigger compared to the rest of the platform tags since they are missing a border. Would it be possible to add the border in the same colour as the background?
    Current: 8XAFPjb.png
    Suggested: aztJJIq.png

• Option to switch to all square game images: I don't know if this is possible from the technical side, but is it possible to grab the square image from the store and display them here so every game looks like a PS5 trophy list? I guess this may be an issue for PS3 and Vita games.
    Current: S03f926.png
    Suggested: 1LZgQ4R.png

32 minutes ago, leandrorhcp said:
  • Adding a border to the rest of the console tags: this is a very minor issue, but the white PS5 logo is a bit bigger compared to the rest of the platform tags since they are missing a border. Would it be possible to add the border in the same colour as the background?
    Current: 8XAFPjb.png
    Suggested: aztJJIq.png

Good catch. I decided to reduce PS5 tag height by 2 pixels and that does the trick too. Adding border to other tags also increases row height for games with 3 platform tags.

RlrlS94.png

• Option to switch to all square game images: I don't know if this is possible from the technical side, but is it possible to grab the square image from the store and display them here so every game looks like a PS5 trophy list? I guess this may be an issue for PS3 and Vita games.
    Current: S03f926.png
    Suggested: 1LZgQ4R.png

This probably won't happen. The "PS5 icon resize" feature works by resizing what's already available on the page.

Browsers do not allow to load resources from other website by default. This is a security related limitation. Hence the script does not make any requests outside PSNP (and PlatPrices, where we use special headers that allow this).

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

cc @NathanielJohn What do you think about this?

Yeah, I think this would be very difficult to make work. Even if we got around the technical hurdle that you mentioned, I'd worry about my server -- looking up prices for dozens of unrelated games whenever someone looks at their PSNP trophy list could quickly kill my server. It's just about the least efficient way of grabbing prices (from a technical back-end database point of view) that there is.

Finally got around to using this, and the features are really nice, well done!

I do have one suggestion/request. Would it be possible to have an option to disable the Update Profile button in the top left? I'm not a fan of stickied headers and would prefer to have that disabled.

1 hour ago, Archavia said:

Finally got around to using this, and the features are really nice, well done!

I do have one suggestion/request. Would it be possible to have an option to disable the Update Profile button in the top left? I'm not a fan of stickied headers and would prefer to have that disabled.

This floating menu is also available in guides and in sessions. I don't want to have an option just to disable this in the profiles, because then someone will ask about other places. And having a way to disable it everywhere would also disable important features. I will think about this in the meanwhile.

btw. Are you usng PSNP+ on a small screen device? In my case it's way of to the left and so it makes no sense to disable it.

Spoiler

rvr1Bxq.png

17 minutes ago, HusKy said:

This floating menu is also available in guides and in sessions. I don't want to have an option just to disable this in the profiles, because then someone will ask about other places. And having a way to disable it everywhere would also disable important features. I will think about this in the meanwhile.

btw. Are you usng PSNP+ on a small screen device? In my case it's way of to the left and so it makes no sense to disable it.

Hide contents

rvr1Bxq.png

I use it on a monitor and it's similar to your image, I just personally don't care for floating menus like that following when I scroll. But if it's not really viable or something you'd want to add for the reasons you mentioned, that's fine. I'll get used to it with time, figured I'd ask about it though.

57 minutes ago, Archavia said:

I use it on a monitor and it's similar to your image, I just personally don't care for floating menus like that following when I scroll. But if it's not really viable or something you'd want to add for the reasons you mentioned, that's fine. I'll get used to it with time, figured I'd ask about it though.

Yeah in that case I would rather not change the way things are right now. However, if you still want to hide it and you are using uBlock or similar (adblocking) extension, you can use that to hide this floating menu.

On 3/6/2021 at 3:34 AM, HusKy said:

In this case I would recommend a browser extension which does this better and for every website: https://darkreader.org/

I don't know, I use darkreader and while it looks great here on PSNP...it doesn't fully integrate well on a lot of websites I use, whether it ends up changing the colors of text on webpages or even completely breaks images, it can make web pages look extremely tacky...I just end up having to turn it off most of the time. 

Making something more official would be great. 

8 hours ago, Viper said:

I don't know, I use darkreader and while it looks great here on PSNP...it doesn't fully integrate well on a lot of websites I use, whether it ends up changing the colors of text on webpages or even completely breaks images, it can make web pages look extremely tacky...I just end up having to turn it off most of the time. 

Making something more official would be great. 

I'm personally not planning to do custom dark stylesheet but if anyone wants to go for it, I would recommend "Stylus" extension.

37 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Repost

I noticed that on the most recently played games (Maybe somewhere else too?) Ps5 games still have the big square box, is this fixable?

Which page is that? Can you send me a link.

Either way, right now the code which resizes PS5 icons only runs on 2 types of pages: frontpage and profiles. I can however expand this to other pages as well.

Small update v3.1 is here:

3.1 - 23/3/2021

• improved PS5 label, PS5 icon resize and "hide trophy guide banner" features
  • improved rarity toggle in trophy lists

I have described the first improvement in my previous post.

The second improvement: list headers are no longer hidden when you use rarity toggle.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 23-3-2021 at 11:22 AM, HusKy said:

Small update v3.1 is here:

I have described the first improvement in my previous post.

The second improvement: list headers are no longer hidden when you use rarity toggle.

Love the recent updates! The integration of platprices is amazing and the resizing of the PS5 icons is a great QoL update! 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Cool project! As a JS dev I immediately dived into the code. I see nothing malicious so that's good.

My technical questions which have no high prio answering:

- Why did you choose to use webpack? I'm just curious.

- It looks like you run a minifier because `undefined` gets resolved to `void 0` which is almost never used, why doesn't it minify all the code :)?

Edit: after installing it I'm happy with the functionality it provides, thanks.

Edited by A1rPun