[PSNP+ v8.3] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

On 03/06/2021 at 6:36 PM, HusKy said:

Already checked this before because the feature is somewhat broken, but it uses cookies and it's really tricky to work with it for the script. You can try asking Sly. :D

Ha, this is not the first thing I've wanted to ask about before realising it would make more sense for Sly to fix, and then giving up on the idea entirely. So I'm guessing you can't just add "?secret=hide" or "?secret=show" to the address of any game pages you visit depending on a PSNP+ setting?

6 hours ago, HusKy said:

Actually, this turned out really easy to add, so it will be available in the next update:

This will be really helpful if I ever get around to adding my digital collection to a game list. I did miss having this button when I was doing my physical collection and had to click on every game. So thanks!

On 4. 6. 2021 at 5:06 PM, mekktor said:

Ha, this is not the first thing I've wanted to ask about before realising it would make more sense for Sly to fix, and then giving up on the idea entirely. So I'm guessing you can't just add "?secret=hide" or "?secret=show" to the address of any game pages you visit depending on a PSNP+ setting?

Oops, forgot to reply. Sorry, not too keen on this solution but I will keep it in mind. ?

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

Thanks so much for the assist. 

Really cool set of tools you've made. Appreciate you and your time :)

On 6/3/2021 at 3:29 PM, HusKy said:

Sorry mate, no user guide. This is a one man show powered by my free time. 1f601.png

Create and manage your lists here: https://psnprofiles.com/Phoenix83#gamelists

Then go to any trophy list, e.g. https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/13085-chivalry-2 and on the right side, there's an info panel with "Add to list" button:

NL5icRd.png <-- can't miss it

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask here or send me a PM. 1f44d.png

Hey, @HusKy

I have a suggestion to add new Not 0% filter under the Completion dropdown on profile page to exclude 0% games. Might come in handy when browsing profiles with tons of F ranked games added on.

psnp-not-0-completion-mockup.png

Another suggestion is akin to game recent players section with two different URLs on avatar and username. Can you implement the same feature for every gaming session (host & joined gamers), platinum club and 100% club pages as well?

Also in gaming sessions there is a title attribute with timezone location when mouseover local time of each participant. Could you make it to be shown always, alongside the time?

psnp-sessions-timezone-mockup.png

And how would you like the idea of Series link (https://psnprofiles.com/series/) being added in PSNP header menu?

psnp-header-series-mockup.png

One more suggestion is to introduce Compare button for individual games. So that if you opened someone’s RDR 2 trophy list at

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8370-red-dead-redemption-2/UserID

and decided to compare their trophies to yours, there would be a button somewhere (maybe on the same spot before Forum link as can be found on user main profile?) with URL address

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8370-red-dead-redemption-2/UserID,YourID

Or even an option to manually input any second PSN ID for comparison instead of just yours by default.

What do you think?

Now, a few bugs. Green circle emoji (U+1F7E2) and red circle emoji (U+1F534) used in gaming sessions widget are glitched for me. With PSNP default fonts (font-family: 'Roboto', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;) it looks like that in Chrome desktop browser on Win7 (top - green circle, bottom - red circle):

psnp-sessions-widget-emoji.png

IDK, if there’re legacy system fonts with those emojis supported, so would you consider more conventional Unicode symbols instead for compatibility reasons? Maybe some kind of check and X mark, U+2714 and U+2716 for example:

psnp-sessions-widget-unicode.png

BTW, the same goes for bottle emoji (U+1F37C) used in Baby Stuff rarity tooltip. I had to replace the whole thing with just regular Common label in script.

Finally, a question: is there an easy way to update active game list to show new added games? How I do it now is I switch to another list from dropdown and then back again to the first one. If there isn’t, would it be feasible to add some convenient solution for this kind of situation, like quick reload list button or something?

And thanks again for the great work you’re doing for the community!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Se7en said:

Hey, @HusKy

I have a suggestion to add new Not 0% filter under the Completion dropdown on profile page to exclude 0% games. Might come in handy when browsing profiles with tons of F ranked games added on.

psnp-not-0-completion-mockup.png

This could be added, but just like the extra sorting options, this would only filter out 0% games that are visible on the page. There's also an "official" PSNP setting for this although it's a global toggle and works slightly differently.

Another suggestion is akin to game recent players section with two different URLs on avatar and username. Can you implement the same feature for every gaming session (host & joined gamers), platinum club and 100% club pages as well?

Yes, I wanted to add this for other pages too. Should hopefully get to it some day. :)

Also in gaming sessions there is a title attribute with timezone location when mouseover local time of each participant. Could you make it to be shown always, alongside the time?

psnp-sessions-timezone-mockup.png

I'm curious, why is the timezone information important?

And how would you like the idea of Series link (https://psnprofiles.com/series/) being added in PSNP header menu?

psnp-header-series-mockup.png

This would require some clever solution that I need to think about. Right now, this would shift the whole menu with every page load and I wanna avoid that.

One more suggestion is to introduce Compare button for individual games. So that if you opened someone’s RDR 2 trophy list at

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8370-red-dead-redemption-2/UserID

and decided to compare their trophies to yours, there would be a button somewhere (maybe on the same spot before Forum link as can be found on user main profile?) with URL address

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8370-red-dead-redemption-2/UserID,YourID

Or even an option to manually input any second PSN ID for comparison instead of just yours by default.

What do you think?

Yeah, I like this. I will look into it.

Now, a few bugs. Green circle emoji (U+1F7E2) and red circle emoji (U+1F534) used in gaming sessions widget are glitched for me. With PSNP default fonts (font-family: 'Roboto', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;) it looks like that in Chrome desktop browser on Win7 (top - green circle, bottom - red circle):

psnp-sessions-widget-emoji.png

IDK, if there’re legacy system fonts with those emojis supported, so would you consider more conventional Unicode symbols instead for compatibility reasons? Maybe some kind of check and X mark, U+2714 and U+2716 for example:

psnp-sessions-widget-unicode.png

BTW, the same goes for bottle emoji (U+1F37C) used in Baby Stuff rarity tooltip. I had to replace the whole thing with just regular Common label in script.

Well, there's your problem. Windows 7. xD It looks correct in 8.1+. This issue is strictly visual, right? It doesn't actually break anything if I understand correctly.

Finally, a question: is there an easy way to update active game list to show new added games? How I do it now is I switch to another list from dropdown and then back again to the first one. If there isn’t, would it be feasible to add some convenient solution for this kind of situation, like quick reload list button or something?

And thanks again for the great work you’re doing for the community!

F5 should work?

Edited by HusKy

14 hours ago, HusKy said:

This could be added, but just like the extra sorting options, this would only filter out 0% games that are visible on the page.

Even after using Load All Games button first?

14 hours ago, HusKy said:

I'm curious, why is the timezone information important?

It’s not important per se. Rather more convenient to see all available information at a glance, without needing to move mouse when all of a sudden feel interest in that kind of data.

15 hours ago, HusKy said:

Well, there's your problem. Windows 7. xD It looks correct in 8.1+. This issue is strictly visual, right? It doesn't actually break anything if I understand correctly.

Yep, it is purely esthetic issue, all intended script functionality is completely intact :) I’m just not migrating to a new OS any time soon, esp with currently ongoing chip shortage and situation on PC market.

15 hours ago, HusKy said:

F5 should work?

LOL, haven’t really thought about it. Well, it refreshes the whole page in browser and somewhat feels even longer than list-switch method I was using, because of how the browser handles this process by redrawing profile page first and redirecting to game lists afterwards. But it sure works, yeah.

On 9/8/2019 at 5:21 AM, Doucet-182 said:

Some of the feedback you've been receiving from a staff member is extremely innapropriate and I truly wish they had DM'd you instead of airing this publicly and derailing this entire thread.

That being said, this is awesome and I can't wait to try it :)

It is not innapropriate, they shouldn't have DM'd. What they did was great. Constructive criticism, and wanting to make sure the code is safe while adding very few changes to the source code.

On 9/8/2019 at 5:46 AM, TheLakota said:

It's the furthest thing from constructive, as those who offer such criticism generally understand the importance of maintaining a positive tone when providing feedback so as to avoid being perceived as a buzzkill. 

I sense nothing but snark and a hint of jealousy. 

How is them asking them to implement some very simple changes to make sure the content isn't malicious?

31 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Alright, v3.3 is here:

[1] These rarities are only visible to PSNP+ users and provide extra information on top of geometric mean rarities, nothing else. You can read full discussion here: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/108494-dlc-logic/

Hell yes!! Down with the arbitrary rarity-computations! :D  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

[1] These rarities are only visible to PSNP+ users and provide extra information on top of geometric mean rarities, nothing else. You can read full discussion here: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/108494-dlc-logic/

Excellent work mate  ?

- now all we need is a way to set these setting as standard, and overwrite the fake ones the basic site generates across every facet of the site, not just the individual games lists ?

- btw, incase anyone is wondering, I use Safari, and all works great

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

- now all we need is a way to set these setting as standard, and overwrite the fake ones the basic site generates across every facet of the site, not just the individual games lists 1f609.png

Agreed. If it could be turned into a permanent toggle across the entire site, that would be perfect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

- now all we need is a way to set these setting as standard, and overwrite the fake ones the basic site generates across every facet of the site, not just the individual games lists 1f609.png

51 minutes ago, Zenpai said:

Agreed. If it could be turned into a permanent toggle across the entire site, that would be perfect.

I guess, it isn’t possible for other pages except for trophy lists to do so without additional http requests to the PSNP database. Currently script uses my formula from this post (btw, @HusKy you don’t have to divide by 100 first and then multiply by 100, it could be more simplified without using 100 in calculations), and all the necessary for re-calculation numbers are on the game trophy list page already.

The only thing that could be added is PSNP+ general settings checkbox to start rarity re-calculation by default without toggling every trophy list manually each time.

• Like 3

Yes, @Se7en is correct, it's not possible to do this site-wide. I will probably not add a global toggle for this because it's a niche meant for "what if" situations.

Also, I just found a small visual bug in "100% club". I have fixed it locally in my dev version and it will be fixed for everyone else in the next update.

uH40nfL.png

?‍♂️

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, HusKy said:

Yes, @Se7en is correct, it's not possible to do this site-wide. I will probably not add a global toggle for this because it's a niche meant for "what if" situations.

Also, I just found a small visual bug in "100% club". I have fixed it locally in my dev version and it will be fixed for everyone else in the next update.

uH40nfL.png

?‍♂️

Just as a heads up, this happens on profiles for completed games too

The only game I’m on the fastest achievers list doesn’t have this bug.

Spoiler

psnp-iFFoB.png

Checked a few other random games, no sign of any kind of bug neither. Or does it manifest itself only if a person keeps the 1st position?

3 hours ago, Se7en said:

The only game I’m on the fastest achievers list doesn’t have this bug.

Hide contents

psnp-iFFoB.png

Checked a few other random games, no sign of any kind of bug neither. Or does it manifest itself only if a person keeps the 1st position?

Only happens if you enable PS5 icon resizing.

1 minute ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

uDa7uAt.png

Do you mean Astro's Playroom icon? Because that's the correct behaviour if you enable "Resize PS5 icons" in the PSNP+ settings. Has been like this since the feature was added.

1 minute ago, HusKy said:

Do you mean Astro's Playroom icon? Because that's the correct behaviour if you enable "Resize PS5 icons" in the PSNP+ settings. Has been like this since the feature was added.

No, I mean all of them. The area surrounding the trophy set images isn't blue.

5 minutes ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

No, I mean all of them. The area surrounding the trophy set images isn't blue.

I really have no idea what you mean. xD

Can you disable the script, compare and post another screenshot?

edit. Here it is with the script disabled. What am I missing?

ZnPc6L4.png

Edited by HusKy