[PSNP+ v8.3] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

12 minutes ago, HusKy said:

This is correct. I'm recycling PSN images and PSN only knows 4 rarities so the 2 most common received the same image.

I'm not sure I understand this. I see 18 UR trophies here (incl. platinum): https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6857-wolfenstein-ii-the-new-colossus

Ah okay it is the 5 rarities on PSNP vs. 4 within PSN thing.

Not sure, if this might confuse people.

But I am also not sure, if something like this could be more understandable psnprarity5.png

Common rarity is the sand under the pyramid then :P

• Like 1

The issue with the host filter is probably because it was developed either with a dummy account hosting the session or in a "not logged in (anonymous)" state.

The views on the Sessions page are different for logged in users and those not signed in.

I'm signed in, it looks like this:

psnp-sessions-01.png

The sessions I host do not have the "with ryuji_sakujo" text. Thus they won't be shown in the filter.

See the image below.

psnp-sessions-02.png

7 hours ago, GraniteSnake said:

Agreed, there is basically no point in it being there now that you say it. I’m not sure how I didn’t realise this yesterday :facepalm::ninja:

Furthermore, the "upcoming sessions" are not only the sessions I host, but all sessions that I'm gonna partake in (green underlines in first image).
So the "host filter" is not redundant and it should simply be fixed but not removed.

• Like 1

@HusKy, just wanted to throw a minor suggestion your way for a future enhancement. Small thing, but something I would use a lot for sure. On the Stats page, there is a breakdown for Grades (i.e. the number of games with S rank, A rank, B rank, etc). It would be lovely to be able to click on those and go to an appropriately filtered list of those games. For example, I have 9 games with an E rank. If I wanted to clean those up, it would be lovely to click on the E (9) item in the Stats page to see those games. 

I don’t believe there is an existing filter to accommodate this on the games list, so it may be a no go. I appreciate your consideration, however. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DrEvilGuapo said:

@HusKy, just wanted to throw a minor suggestion your way for a future enhancement. Small thing, but something I would use a lot for sure. On the Stats page, there is a breakdown for Grades (i.e. the number of games with S rank, A rank, B rank, etc). It would be lovely to be able to click on those and go to an appropriately filtered list of those games. For example, I have 9 games with an E rank. If I wanted to clean those up, it would be lovely to click on the E (9) item in the Stats page to see those games. 

I don’t believe there is an existing filter to accommodate this on the games list, so it may be a no go. I appreciate your consideration, however. 

I think this could be easily added directly to the games table in profile. I will look into it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

@HusKy Hey I'm having a bug with the game lists, a couple games are showing as having earned trophies when I haven't even started the games on my account. The games are Red Dead Redemption II and Rayman 3 HD, got a screenshot of RDR2 to show you what I mean.

Yes, unfortunately the data is not namespaced per user account. If you log in to PSNP with multiple accounts, the progress tracker will be messed up. The easiest solution is to:

1. Export your data in PSNP+ settings
  2. Make sure the exported file is valid and non-empty 0kB file
  3. Clear your data in PSNP+ settings
  4. Import back your data in PSNP+ settings
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 7:28 AM, HusKy said:

I think this could be easily added directly to the games table in profile. I will look into it.

Thank you, @HusKy, for always being open to suggestions for future enhancements.  It's getting to the point where using the site without PSNP+ is like knowing broadband internet is out there, yet having to use dial-up.

I would like to float another suggestion your way as it's something I find myself doing repetitively when I load my profile page.  Maybe it's just me, but I prefer my default view to be the "Completion (Not 100%)" filter as opposed to the default filter that shows all games on the profile.  It would be nice if there was an optional setting to change the profile game list filter on load.  Thank you for your consideration.

Suggestion:

• Implement a button "export games-list as JSON/CSV" on user profile page that exports the current list of games (modified by any active filters) as either JSON or CSV file.
    • Use case: I'm playing through my PS3 games, once I'm done I want to export my full PS3 library with PSDLE and compare it to my trophy list to see if I've missed playing some games that I have previously bought or downloaded.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, MattPieti said:

Hey, sorry if this has already been asked/answered, but where is the data about my game lists stored? I got a new laptop last week and I'd like to transfer over my lists from my old one.

If you go to the PSNP+ settings, you'll have the option to export your data (as a json file) that you can then import it on your new laptop :) 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to have the option to order my games after the platform they are on. Right now you can only display certain platforms but not put them in any order altogether. I'd like to have my PS3 games at the bottom of my list, Vita after that and on top all of my PS4 games. Just as an example.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Have a question and some suggestions.  Also I'd like to second the suggestion of changing the default view as well since I also like mine on Completion (not 100%).

First the question: what happened to the setting that automatically removed a game once trophies were earned if it was selected?  I really liked that since I'm mostly using this to track games I've not started.  Looked at the settings and saw it was just no longer there.

As far as suggestions, I like how you can delete a game directly from the list, any way to make it so it deletes from all lists so I don't have to load each list to remove a game?

And one last suggestion, I think it would be neat to add in maybe a button or something that picks a random game from a list.  That could be useful for people who have trouble figuring out what to play next.

Hey guys, sorry for being AWOL for the past 2 months.

This was intentional as I just wanted to take a break from working on the script and also to tackle some harder games. I will resume my work soon, firstly by cleaning up the code from some old backlog feature stuff and then I will start adding new features that make sense. :)

Regarding suggestions above, I will get back to that later.

On 13. 7. 2020 at 5:19 PM, ladynadiad said:

First the question: what happened to the setting that automatically removed a game once trophies were earned if it was selected?  I really liked that since I'm mostly using this to track games I've not started.  Looked at the settings and saw it was just no longer there.

Still available. But now each list has this setting separately. All you need to do is visit the list and click "Edit" button and you can change the setting there. If you converted your backlog to a list, your setting was preserved.

• Like 3

Is there any option for exporting your trophy log and/or trophy advisor? If there isn't, would you be interested in adding that option?

Would it be possible to add trophies from game lists to your trophy advisor or to another custom page prior to starting them-- or even adding trophies from your started games-- like the "to-do list" feature on trueachievements/truetrophies?

I would also like to say that I appreciate the work you've put into this extension and thank you for your time spent making and maintaining it.

Edited by KimmysGotGame

So...I lost my 4 long backlog game lists...I have no idea why or how. I think I cleared my passwords and history slightly and I guess that completely wiped my lists? Have no idea how or why they were linked like that...any fix? I haven't exported anything because I've only been using it for a month or so and was about to update it today :(

On 21/07/2020 at 2:04 AM, KimmysGotGame said:

Is there any option for exporting your trophy log and/or trophy advisor? If there isn't, would you be interested in adding that option?

Additionally, would it be possible to add trophies from game lists to your trophy advisor or to another custom page prior to starting them-- or even adding trophies from your started games-- like the "to-do list" feature on trueachievements/truetrophies?

Currently, none of this is supported.

How should the export work and which format? And what would be the use case for this exported file?

How does the todo list @ TT work? What do people use it for?

On 22/07/2020 at 3:58 AM, StanPortrBridges said:

So...I lost my 4 long backlog game lists...I have no idea why or how. I think I cleared my passwords and history slightly and I guess that completely wiped my lists? Have no idea how or why they were linked like that...any fix? I haven't exported anything because I've only been using it for a month or so and was about to update it today :(

That sucks, but unfortunately there's probably not much that can be done. Exporting your data is pretty important. I will probably add some form of reminder so people use the export feature more often.

On 7/23/2020 at 6:45 AM, HusKy said:

Currently, none of this is supported.

How should the export work and which format? And what would be the use case for this exported file?

How does the todo list @ TT work? What do people use it for?

I exported it as a .csv file myself using python. Personally, I planned to use the exported data for an event on another trophy website so that I could more easily search my backlog of unearned trophies. The exported data I had was game name, trophy name, rarity value, and trophy type. I'm not versed in javascript so I can't contribute to the extension myself. If it functions similarly to python, I did a for loop to go through each page of my trophy advisor. Within that loop was a search for <tr> and then  I used a loop to scrape the data from the specific <td> cells within that <tr>.

The todo list on TT functions as a trophies to earn list. You can add a trophy to the list and it will keep the trophy readily available on the list so that you can more easily go to trophy tips/trophy guide for that trophy without needing to search for the game proper. It keeps the trophies in the list until they are earned and you've checked your list and toggled a message stating that you acknowledge that you've earned the trophy. That part could be changed to be something like the current game lists where it can automatically be removed when the trophy is earned or needs to be manually removed. Essentially, it's like a backlog list but specific to trophies rather than games. I would personally use it to add online trophies in games that I've started or games that I'm interested in so that I can make sure I'm aware of which trophies they are as well as if I've earned them or not.

1 hour ago, notashin said:

I get "Error: undefined" whenever I try to install this with Violentmonkey. I would prefer not to use Tampermonkey for privacy reasons. Any suggestions?

I could test with Violentmonkey. Which browser are you using?