[PSNP+ v8.4] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

A huge thank you to everyone who is making this possible. First of all to Husky of course, but also to everyone who has been supplying him with data. A really great community effort, well done!

3 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

So, with the unobtainables, is it possible to sort a game's trophylist by "unobtainable" and "obtainable", so the trophylist shows only obtainable trophies, only unobtainable trophies, and default? 

This is a good suggestion. I also have a comment about the extension itself. I would like it if it did not show a platinum as unobtainable when I already have all the needed online trophies from the main list. I have about two dozen PS3 games like that on my profile. It's a minor thing of course, but for me it would make it even more awesome.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 1

Feature request - Export trophy list as CSV/JSON
Already suggest, but I don't think it was addressed or rejected at the time, so here's another attempt ?:

Description: Implement a button "export games-list as JSON/CSV" on user profile page that exports the current list of games (modified by any active filters) as either JSON or CSV file.

Use case:

• Export and take ownership of our trophy list if shit hits the fan on this website. (I suppose "ctrl+P > save to PDF" works but it's not ideal)
  • Use this exported data in conjunction with other tools like PSDLE for whatever purpose (backlog management, overall backlog progress visualization, etc.)

Examples of button locations:

(1) Profile, near filters (maybe getting a bit crowded...)

8R5VEwlhbbrE.png

(2) PSNP+ settings

2QQGDGpwx56l.png

Example generated CSV file contents:

Rock of Ages,WW,PS3,38%
NBA 2K20,WW,PS4,100%
Genshin Impact,EU,PS4,93%
Fast Striker,JP,PS4,4%
Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout,WW,PS4,25%
Rogue Company,WW,PS4,97%

Example generated JSON file contents:

[
	{
		title: "Rock of Ages",
		region: "WW",
		platform: "PS3",
		completion: 38
	},
	{
		title: "NBA 2K20",
		region: "WW",
		platform: "PS4",
		completion: 100
	},
	{
		title: "Genshin Impact",
		region: "EU",
		platform: "PS4",
		completion: 93
	}
]

Edited by ryuji_sakujo
  • Like 2

Feature request - Hide session list entries by pattern matching

It's awesome that we can already "Hide Platinumed" and "Hide 100%" in gaming sessions but would be great if we can further hide some of them by pattern/string matching.

Description: Filter out gaming sessions that the user wants to hide (for whatever reason, a good reasons being "online" trophies are obtained, but "offline" ones are not).

Feature specifications and requirements:

• Functionally this is an inverse of the current search bar functionality
    • Instead of filtering out everything except for matched pattern (search), show everything except matched pattern (filter out/hide)
    • Can filter out ANY text content of the session item such as "game title", "host", "session notes"
  • Pattern matched in the "blacklist" would have to be an exact substring match of session entry content.
    • eg. "Dark Knight" would NOT hide "Dark" or "Knight", but it WOULD hide "The Dark Knight" or "The Dark Knight Rises"
  • "Blacklist" entries can be separated by newline in a <textarea> or similar
  • "Blacklist" can be shown/hidden as a PSNP+ "floating menu" or accessed through PSNP+ settings menu
  • Persist "blacklist" patterns in localStorage or whatever else is currently used
    • This should also be exportable through PSNP+ settings, as currently other settings and PSNP+ lists are

Example of session blacklist:

nA7J38nzvvyQ.png

Edited by ryuji_sakujo

This month I'll be focusing mainly on making sure this feature works as expected, monitoring server traffic and accepting submissions for the list.

Improvements and other features will come in 2022. ;)

------

Quick update v4.1 for those who are reporting unobtainable trophies.

4.1 - 8/12/2021

• trophy list: added option to generate reports for unobtainable trophies
  • fix: when clearing data in PSNP+ settings, unobtainable trophies are now deleted as well

n9XQYlH.png

• Like 4

Hi, is it possible to filter out users on the leaderboards who are mostly playing the easier games? Maybe the following calculation can be applied: (ultra rare trophies / total trophies * 100). If you fall below 1.5% (I don't know what the exact sweetspot should be) you're hidden from the leaderboards. Maybe make a toggle button somewhere so you can toggle between the filters.

Not sure if this is possible though, you have to scrape the whole leaderboards for it because you don't have access to the back-end.

Edited by Dylan-Mehl

28 minutes ago, Dylan-Mehl said:

Not sure if this is possible though, you have to scrape the whole leaderboards for it because you don't have access to the back-end.

This. Not possible right now with a script. I will leave this up to Sly. ;)

51 minutes ago, Dylan-Mehl said:

Hi, is it possible to filter out users on the leaderboards who are mostly playing the easier games? Maybe the following calculation can be applied: (ultra rare trophies / total trophies * 100). If you fall below 1.5% (I don't know what the exact sweetspot should be) you're hidden from the leaderboards. Maybe make a toggle button somewhere so you can toggle between the filters.

https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard/rarity

It exists. Rarity leaderboard. Not rly great thing

On 8-12-2021 at 8:40 PM, HusKy said:

This month I'll be focusing mainly on making sure this feature works as expected, monitoring server traffic and accepting submissions for the list.

Improvements and other features will come in 2022. ;)

Understandable and much appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

First of thx for the work done on this, it makes psnp even better. Today i decided for the first time ever to create a list of games i want to keep track of for the UR Cleanup Challenge 2022 and i added all games to the new list i created. I saw immediatly that something was wrong though. Some games had the trophy progress shown correctly some not. I don't see any pattern.

Some games in which i have all trophies show no progress at all (i.e. The Last Of Us PS3 and PS4, AC Brotherhood PS3, Virtue's Last Reward Vita). I tried adding them through my personal profile but also from the games search page. Makes no difference.

That's not all though. While most games for which i don't have all trophies show the correct value, sometimes it shows nothing at all (i.e. Dirt Rally 1 and 2). This error appears only for a few PS4 games, none PS3 and Vita games and the games have a :platinum:.

12 minutes ago, ScottyMiddleton said:

Hi Husky,

Sorry for the delay,

It seems to only not work on the Diablo 2 guide:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/12977-diablo-ii-resurrected-trophy-guide

Thanks!

The guide is written for PS5 trophy list, you have PS4 list in your profile:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/14055-diablo-ii-resurrected/ScottyMiddleton

This is a well known limitation of PSNProfiles.com -- your progress will not be shown in the guide at all.

PSNP+ allows you to load your progress and then you can toggle earned trophies on and off.

oShiYAy.png

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ellileon said:

Thanks for the absolut great work! That unobtainable trophys feature is absolut amazing. You should be paid for this.

Feature Request

Is it possible to list the number of unobtainable trophys nearby the unearned trophys number on the profiles - games page?

PSNP+ does not track specific trophies that you have earned so I'm not sure how this would work or what would be the purpose.

Edited by HusKy