[PSNP+ v8.3] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

10 hours ago, flashpool23 said:

I had no idea I needed this until now!

Looking through it, I don't know if it's possible but can you make it show if the game has a guide too? Or at least allow us to manually mark it as having a guide? Like if I were to scroll through the backlog I'd be able to easily see if it has a guide without clicking to the actual game page or guide page. I have no idea if it can be done so just suggesting it.

That would be an easy addition. However, currently all the data is scraped once and then stored in browser local storage. If the game receives a guide next day, the data would be outdated. Some sort of refresh mechanism would be required for this. I will keep it in mind.

1 hour ago, dj_helyx said:

Not even close. My backlog is about 800 games deep and none of them are added to my profile yet. Perhaps you missed the point of this thread.

Have you tried adding all those games into your backlog? I would be curious to know what's the performance of search in such a long list.

• Like 1

Hey, thanks for great script :)

I have a suggestion for you here:

Do you think it is possible to implement this?

It would require making another list of (sold / abandoned / blacklisted) games (or just single trophies) that would be filtered out from trophy advisor

On 24. 9. 2019 at 3:42 PM, dj_helyx said:

Not yet. I'll be waiting until the extension is in its final stages.

Not sure when this will happen. However, my plan is to keep backlogs (data) as they are. As long as you keep the script installed, your backlog should not just disappear. :)

I would like to add basic export/import soon though.

On 24. 9. 2019 at 4:48 PM, Varhur said:

How do i customize floating menu?

You can't modify it. It just displays extra controls on the page. Floating menu will be removed later and all the controls will be seamlessly inserted into PSNP.

On 24. 9. 2019 at 6:20 PM, MrBasia said:

Hey, thanks for great script :)

I have a suggestion for you here: <snip>

Do you think it is possible to implement this?

It would require making another list of (sold / abandoned / blacklisted) games (or just single trophies) that would be filtered out from trophy advisor

I have an idea how this could be added. I would probably implement hiding of games not just individual trophies.

Noted for now.

On 24. 9. 2019 at 6:53 PM, Moosbert said:

Hey, I just tried out the script and I really like it. Finally I can manage my backlog.

Do you think it is possible to sort the backlog by release date? Sometimes I may want to clean my backlog by playing or deleting the oldest games.

This is a good idea and could be added. However, not all games have release date in their trophies page. I guess these games would appear at the end of the list. Would that cover your use case?

Noted for now.

• Like 4

Neato, seems like a great way to incorporate some features until /if sly implements them. 

Features I'd like to see (if possible) :

* Export/import backlog list (CSV?/pdf) 

* Filter functionality for guides - Difficulty between x-y, time between z-w, playthrough amounts and platform (i.e find all games with trophy diffulty  7 or lower, requiring only one playthrough with a time requirement of no more then 40 hrs for the Ps3) 

* Series/franchise builder on own page - Iike doing series of games. I believe this was sort of started but never completed but also I'd like it to see where I can remove games from a series - for myself) as I don't consider it a need for myself to stack regional games etc of a series for it to be complete. 

* Published by year sorter under games as a sort (sort all 2015 games together) 

* could games that have been started in the backlog be removed from there once a trophy is earned? 

Thanks for the awesome script :)

• Like 1

This looks pretty darned cool, I've installed it and will eventually get around to having a play..

If this does not already do so, would it be possible to join gaming sessions where games are in your backlog? Or is that beyond the scope of possibility? ?

On 9/8/2019 at 1:05 AM, Elvick_ said:

Eh... I think referring to us as "paying" customers is a bit much. We pay once and then we're premium forever. It's a generous proposition when most other sites would charge you monthly in order to avoid ads or get other benefits.

Do I think some things could be better... sure. Do I feel like years of being premium haven't been worth the $10 or whatever it is (been so long I forget what it is and I'm too lazy to look)? It's been more than worth it. Despite the forum STILL not showing where a "recent topic" is posted even though that oversight I complained about with the "upgrade" to this new [at the time] forum layout. At least let me hover over the thing. Do I really need to be told via the over info that that if I click something I'll visit *insert thread title*? Redundancy is a huge pet peeve. Especially when so many threads are literally people asking for help and then you click it and it's some game you've never played. I digress.

Point is... I think people are expecting a bit much. Even at it's worst, it's still 100000x better than a certain other trophy site I know. And I can't think of a single update that site has ever done, at least not one I've noticed in over 9 years being a member there.

Agreed on all counts. I've not been here quite as long, but for all the bad that people mention, I still see a lot of good for my single, lifetime premium membership.

On 9/24/2019 at 9:34 AM, HusKy said:

Have you tried adding all those games into your backlog? I would be curious to know what's the performance of search in such a long list.

I don't have as many games as they do but I added my 445 backlogged games and the search is still fast an responsive.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ZoutjeNL said:

Hmm I added quite a few games to my backlog, now the day after my backlog is completely empty again. What causes this? (I am using the same pc/browser and the script is still active). 

This is weird. I had no data disappear and I have had my backlog for weeks.

What browser are you using? Did you have to log in again into PSNProfiles?

Also, add just 1-2 games into your backlog and see if it happens again and let me know.

FWIW, next update will provide export/import feature for all of scripts data (settings, backlog, and more in the future).

• Like 2

@HusKy Great work, update like this is greatly appreciated

@MMDE One thing is providing constructive criticism/feedback, another thing is coming off as douche, which is exactly what you did. That's not being professional and stop hiding it behind your argument in this profession this is a standard. No, it's not. You're far from assertive and while providing valuable feedback and offering help, you still come off as arrogant.

6 minutes ago, ZoutjeNL said:

@HusKy So far the issue hasn't come up again. Hopefully it was just an one time occurrence. Thanks again for all the work you do. 

Good to hear, I will finish up the update tomorrow so you should be able to export your data just in case.

• Like 4

On 26. 9. 2019 at 4:37 AM, mekktor said:

Do you think at some point there might be an option to import all PS+ games into the backlog so lazy people like me don't have to add them manually?

Also, any plans to implement some sort of trophy advisor type functionality for the backlog?

Adding the PS+ list would be tricky. If someone could provide list of all PSNP id's of these games, it would certainly help.

e.g. https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/9801-pig-eat-ball ---> id is 9801

This would be very tricky to do since I don't have access to individual trophy data like PSNP has. The script would have to load all of the lists one by one or something. Would be terribly slow too I suppose.

On 28. 9. 2019 at 8:43 PM, Gwendly said:

Neato, seems like a great way to incorporate some features until /if sly implements them. 

Features I'd like to see (if possible) :

* Export/import backlog list (CSV?/pdf) 

* Filter functionality for guides - Difficulty between x-y, time between z-w, playthrough amounts and platform (i.e find all games with trophy diffulty  7 or lower, requiring only one playthrough with a time requirement of no more then 40 hrs for the Ps3) 

* Series/franchise builder on own page - Iike doing series of games. I believe this was sort of started but never completed but also I'd like it to see where I can remove games from a series - for myself) as I don't consider it a need for myself to stack regional games etc of a series for it to be complete. 

* Published by year sorter under games as a sort (sort all 2015 games together) 

* could games that have been started in the backlog be removed from there once a trophy is earned? 

Thanks for the awesome script :)

* Coming later today

* Not possible, this feature needs direct access to database to be even mildly efficient

* But you would have to make these series lists on your own. Is that what you mean?

* Same as #2

* Yeah, I'd like to add this soon-ish :)

On 1. 10. 2019 at 11:08 AM, iXanon said:

If this does not already do so, would it be possible to join gaming sessions where games are in your backlog? Or is that beyond the scope of possibility? 1f642.png

Limitation of PSNP that most likely cannot be bypassed if validated on server.

On 1. 10. 2019 at 0:44 PM, I-SilentEcho-I said:

I was wondering if it was possible to be able to add to the compare feature on the site. I'd really like to be able to compare my completion times with others, but I don't know how difficult such a thing would be to implement with the limitations you have. I was thinking something like this mockup I made:
<snip image>
Where it shows the completion time for each game underneath the completion status and trophies like that. If it's not possible then never mind, and thanks anyway.

I think this could be added in the future. I'll be experimenting with games lists soon.

On 4. 10. 2019 at 4:32 AM, MrHealthy said:

I don't have as many games as they do but I added my 445 backlogged games and the search is still fast an responsive.

Good to hear!

• Like 4

As promised, v1.9 has been released.

There's only 1 feature in this release: you can now export and import your PSNP+ data.

* Available via PSNP+ Settings panel

* Export file is in JSON format

* You can convert it into CSV / Excel spreadsheet using some free tools, e.g. https://json-csv.com/

q8Z6heW.png

If you have large backlog, I would suggest creating a backup so you know your data is safe. :)

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 4