[PSNP+ v8.3] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

6 hours ago, A1rPun said:

- Why did you choose to use webpack? I'm just curious.

I had another webpack config in different project, so it was the easiest way to setup a bundler for me personally. Rollup or Parcel could be used as well.

- It looks like you run a minifier because `undefined` gets resolved to `void 0` which is almost never used, why doesn't it minify all the code :)?

No minifier is used. "void 0" might be some sort of micro optimization done by webpack or tsc. I don't minify the code fully to keep it in somewhat human-readable form so people like you can have a look and see that it's safe to use. :)

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GeminiEntity said:

Any way to make my game list default to alphabetical and ascending?

Currently not. But this has been requested multiple times so I will think about how this could be implemented.

2 hours ago, GeminiEntity said:

Any way to make my game list default to alphabetical and ascending?

The way I do it (and was recommended to me in this thread) is to make the order custom. You have to spend the time dragging the games to the right order the first time, but it does save the order. Tip: If you need to move a game a long way down the list, pick it up with your mouse then hit PgDn enough time to get to the right spot. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, A1rPun said:

Sorting on game rank (S,A,B,C,D,E,F) would be cool because I'm currently trying to get my ranks up.

Alright, will be available in the next update.

18 minutes ago, A1rPun said:

Showing what % you need for your next rank is a bonus and I don't even know if this info is accessible.

Yes, I don't think this is available anywhere.

• Like 3

On 5/5/2021 at 3:40 PM, HusKy said:

Alright, will be available in the next update.

Thank you. I'll keep asking for features though :P .

A default sort option for trophies on a game (like on PS4) would be a cool feature to me. I always sort trophies on rarity. Maybe this is already requested I haven't read all 24 pages of replies.

On the topic of sorting, some of the sorting options on profiles are server-side and some are implemented client-side which are the ones you made. The custom client-side options will have to load all games from the server to be effective, I encountered a few issues while sorting profiles with 100+ games. I like the load all games button and maybe this can be incorporated into the custom sorting functionality.

The page is noticeably a hybrid between a single-page and a multi-page, which is confusing for me because the state changes depending on which sorting option you choose.

Making the profile page fully single-page would be nice to have, that means that you have to implement the server-side sorting options on client-side.

Reproduce issue:

- Go to https://psnprofiles.com/A1rPun

- Press "completion time" in order options

- Scroll down after 100 games and see games with a different order (weird behavior)

- Scroll up and press the "load all games" button

- Press "completion time" in order options (workaround)

- Press "alphabetical" in order options

- "Load all games" button appeared and has to be pressed again (workaround)

I'm happy with the workarounds, I just wanted to share my experience.

Edited by A1rPun

17 minutes ago, A1rPun said:

Thank you. I'll keep asking for features though :P .

No problem.

A default sort option for trophies on a game (like on PS4) would be a cool feature to me. I always sort trophies on rarity. Maybe this is already requested I haven't read all 24 pages of replies.

I might add this, for now you might find the rarity breakdown in the panel on the right side useful.

On the topic of sorting, some of the sorting options on profiles...

Yes, this is a well-known (by me :D) caveat of this feature. I thought about your proposal but decided against it a while ago. You can't do sorting efficiently client side because the script needs to have access to every row. Try to do this in ikemenzi's profile and it might lag out your browser for couple minutes. Also, the script will never "Load All Games" automatically because it can trigger dozens of subsequent HTTP requests (worst case).

If you have suggestions how to improve this, feel free to PM me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to get an option to always hide secret trophies by default? As it is now, if you click "show secret trophies" in one game, it changes that setting for all games, which is about the dumbest way for that to work. So many times now I've been accidentally spoiled because of it.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

Is it possible to add filter options to the stats? i would love to see my completion on just ps3 oder my avarage trophy rarity of only ps3 games

The stats page is as good as it gets. Any meaningful data can be only extracted if you have direct database access and the script doesn't have that.

Hey, @HusKy !

Could you consider making you script being able to recalculate DLC trophies rarity based on game owners number? PSNP ones, of course, not PSN. For example, with a button on top of each game page or more permanently with a checkbox in PSNP+ setting, or both. Mathematically it can be done without need to access every trophy page and its achievers number, just by using the formula R = (r * sqrt(G * d)) / G , where R is trophy rarity based on game owners number, r is current PSNP rarity value for DLC trophies, G is game owners number and d is DLC owners number. If the script can pick up that data from a game page, then recalculate and replace PSNP rarity for DLC trophies, it would be really useful especially for games like Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Game of the Year Edition and many more.

Edited by Se7en

11 minutes ago, HusKy said:

The stats page is as good as it gets. Any meaningful data can be only extracted if you have direct database access and the script doesn't have that.

Are the statd pulled from the server? if you calculate them yourself shouldnt it be possible to do it for just one console? I mean you can calculate the stats and you know what list is from what console.
just curios on where exactly the problem lies

24 minutes ago, Se7en said:

Hey, @HusKy !

Could you consider making you script being able to recalculate DLC trophies rarity based on game owners number? PSNP ones, of course, not PSN. For example, with a button on top of each game page or more permanently with a checkbox in PSNP+ setting, or both. Mathematically it can be done without need to access every trophy page and its achievers number, just by using the formula R = (r * sqrt(G * g)) / G , where R is trophy rarity based on game owners number, r is current PSNP rarity value, G is game owners number and g is DLC owners number. If the script can pick up that data from a game page, then recalculate and replace PSNP rarity for DLC trophies, it would be really useful especially for games like Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Game of the Year Edition and many more.

I like this idea a lot, I will experiment with it this week. The formula is off by 2 owners for Betrayed trophy (18,581 real vs 18,579 calculated) but that's statistically insignificant. Obviously, only you would see these numbers but I suppose you already know that.

20 minutes ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

Are the statd pulled from the server? if you calculate them yourself shouldnt it be possible to do it for just one console? I mean you can calculate the stats and you know what list is from what console.
just curios on where exactly the problem lies

Maybe I misunderstood. I was talking about this page: https://psnprofiles.com/HusKyCode/stats

To know average rarity for only PS3 lists, the script would have to know about rarity for every PS3 trophy on your profile. That's something the script doesn't have access to (or not in a way that would make sense and be usable).

Maybe I'm missing something.

Edited by HusKy

20 minutes ago, HusKy said:

I like this idea a lot, I will experiment with it this week. The formula is off by 2 owners for Betrayed trophy (18,581 real vs 18,579 calculated) but that's statistically insignificant. Obviously, only you would see these numbers but I suppose you already know that.

Maybe I misunderstood. I was talking about this page: https://psnprofiles.com/HusKyCode/stats

To know average rarity for only PS3 lists, the script would have to know about rarity for every PS3 trophy on your profile. That's something the script doesn't have access to (or not in a way that would make sense and be usable).

Maybe I'm missing something.

i asked for that page but also for the completion rate in the row were also games played and completed and profile views are visibele.
ok i would still be very coursios why it doesnt have that but i guess that needs more insight in the code^^

50 minutes ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

i asked for that page but also for the completion rate in the row were also games played and completed and profile views are visibele.
ok i would still be very coursios why it doesnt have that but i guess that needs more insight in the code^^

The rule of a thumb is -- the script can only see what's visible on the page. This information can be either rearranged or new data can be extrapolated (see @Se7en's suggestion above). The feature you suggested would require for the script to scrape "trophy log" pages and that's just not feasible.

7 minutes ago, HusKy said:

The rule of a thumb is -- the script can only see what's visible on the page. This information can be either rearranged or new data can be extrapolated (see @Se7en's suggestion above). The feature you suggested would require for the script to scrape "trophy log" pages and that's just not feasible.

ah ok thanks for that insight

Hi, I need a little help.

I finally got this installed but I don't know how to use it. I made a list but how do I add a game to it? 

Also, I'm not seeing any of the other tools/functions. Other than the smaller PS5 Image on games I don't have anything else. Is there a user guide somewhere?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Phoenix83 said:

Hi, I need a little help.

I finally got this installed but I don't know how to use it. I made a list but how do I add a game to it? 

Also, I'm not seeing any of the other tools/functions. Other than the smaller PS5 Image on games I don't have anything else. Is there a user guide somewhere?

Thanks

Sorry mate, no user guide. This is a one man show powered by my free time. ?

Create and manage your lists here: https://psnprofiles.com/Phoenix83#gamelists

Then go to any trophy list, e.g. https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/13085-chivalry-2 and on the right side, there's an info panel with "Add to list" button:

NL5icRd.png <-- can't miss it

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask here or send me a PM. ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elbender93 said:

First of all, thank you for the awesome project that you made HusKy.

As for my question, would it be possible to have the option add games to a list also when searching by publisher? I do not see the option appear when I do that. 1f642.png

If I understand you correctly, you want to add games to a last active list from here: https://psnprofiles.com/games?publisher=743-tripwire-interactive similar to this: https://psnprofiles.com/search/games?q=hello  ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HusKy said:

If I understand you correctly, you want to add games to a last active list from here: https://psnprofiles.com/games?publisher=743-tripwire-interactive similar to this: https://psnprofiles.com/search/games?q=hello  ?

Yeah, I basically have a "Game list" which is my backlog where I add all games that I own and still need to play (it's huge).

And I was looking at all the games published by artifex mundi since they release one every 2 days, and noticed that the little green plus to add to my list does not show up there, since at this point I kind of use it as a reference to keep track of which games I already own, it would be useful to have.

And it would also speed up the process of adding all games from a publisher/series to a list if someone wants to do that

2 minutes ago, Elbender93 said:

Yeah, I basically have a "Game list" which is my backlog where I add all games that I own and still need to play (it's huge).

And I was looking at all the games published by artifex mundi since they release one every 2 days, and noticed that the little green plus to add to my list does not show up there, since at this point I kind of use it as a reference to keep track of which games I already own, it would be useful to have.

And it would also speed up the process of adding all games from a publisher/series to a list if someone wants to do that

Yes, for now this is not available. These 2 pages are actually different -- one is "/search" and the other is "/games". The "/games" page currently doesn't offer this button. Might add it in the future, it would be pretty easy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Yes, for now this is not available. These 2 pages are actually different -- one is "/search" and the other is "/games". The "/games" page currently doesn't offer this button. Might add it in the future, it would be pretty easy.

Ok, thank you for looking into it ?