[PSNP+ v8.3] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

1 hour ago, helmuth1792 said:

@HusKy

I think I forgot to tag you, and didn't want to seem rude

Not sure how to design this right now (from UI point of view) and I can't change it to AND now because that would make all the OR people mad. xD

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

that would make all the OR people mad

Oh, it definitely will :D

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

how to design this right now (from UI point of view)

Have some rough ideas, if you wish:

psnp-tags-filter-mockup1.png psnp-tags-filter-mockup2.png

(sorry for ugly style, didn’t find native PSNP radio element to copy-paste)

Edited by Se7en

@HusKy I posted a thread on site improvement here: 

It was suggested by @B1rvine that I contact you about this. I disagree since I estimate this (based on my own incompetence with MYSQL databases) to be two day's work max. so it should be a very quick fix for the site devs, but whatever. 

The request is:

1) Would it be possible to have the option to view games with Multiplatform (shared trophies) on both https://psnprofiles.com/games and on profiles under the Platform option? (I use this to see what other people have played, it's really useful for finding new games.) There's PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, VR and All but adding Multiplatform would be great, especially as there doesn't appear to be a definitive list of shared Multiplatform trophies anywhere online that I can find, and I fancy a go at getting up the leaderboard for those. It would also make sense to have this feature since there's a dedicated leaderboard for those games - https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard/multi

2) I use https://psnprofiles.com/games to look for new games to buy. I have absolutely no interest in multi-region stacks, so the option to hide any games that, in my case, aren't EU would substantially declutter the list and make it easier to find things. Perhaps a setting in https://forum.psnprofiles.com/settings/ or the PSNP settings, so for example I could disable NA, AS, JP, PH, etc games from the Games view and only see games on that page for the EU region. I guess you could add a dropdown menu at the top next to Platform on https://psnprofiles.com/games as well/instead.

Tl;dr 

I want to be able to find Multiplatform games from here under their own category - https://psnprofiles.com/games

I want to hide any games that aren't from my region (in my case EU) as the time to wade through them is a waste and is, in almost all scenarios, redundant.

I thank you for your work and your time reading this.

Edited by baboon_overlord
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

2) I use https://psnprofiles.com/games to look for new games to buy. I have absolutely no interest in multi-region stacks, so the option to hide any games that, in my case, aren't EU would substantially declutter the list and make it easier to find things. Perhaps a setting in https://forum.psnprofiles.com/settings/ or the PSNP settings, so for example I could disable NA, AS, JP, PH, etc games from the Games view and only see games on that page for the EU region. I guess you could add a dropdown menu at the top next to Platform on https://psnprofiles.com/games as well/instead.

Tl;dr 

I want to hide any games that aren't from my region (in my case EU) as the time to wade through them is a waste and is, in almost all scenarios, redundant.

I thank you for your work and your time reading this.

This please. I only play NA region games and would very much like the ability to remove other regions from view when viewing games I plan on purchasing and playing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, baboon_overlord said:

1) Would it be possible to have the option to view games with Multiplatform (shared trophies) on both https://psnprofiles.com/games and on profiles under the Platform option? (I use this to see what other people have played, it's really useful for finding new games.) There's PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, VR and All but adding Multiplatform would be great, especially as there doesn't appear to be a definitive list of shared Multiplatform trophies anywhere online that I can find, and I fancy a go at getting up the leaderboard for those. It would also make sense to have this feature since there's a dedicated leaderboard for those games - https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard/multi

Not possible on the /games page. Profiles could be filtered but only what's already rendered on the page. The additional filters/sorting options added by PSNP are a bit finicky. Could be added though.

13 hours ago, baboon_overlord said:

Similar to above - the script could technically declutter what's already visible on the page by hiding rows that are irrelevant to you. However, it can't help with things like "game name includes 'abcd' and must be EU region". Having an up-to-date list of all regions PSNP uses would be needed as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RDT1 said:

Just discovered this today, thanks heaps @HusKy your a legend.

Glad you found it. I agree. I can’t imagine going back and using vanilla PSNP again. Still great site and features but this really enhances the experience. You know…4K, 60 FPS, ray tracing, 3D audio, adaptive triggers, haptic feedback so to speak. ?

• Like 1

On 24/8/2021 at 10:12 AM, leandrorhcp said:

Husky, do you think it would be possible to add a  "remove 100% games" selection while creating a new list?

It would look something like this:

6gR0com.png

Could be used for:

• Keeping a completion list, I've been trying to raise my completion percentage this year so keeping a list with the games I still need to work on that auto-updates would be great.
  • Backlog lists, I personally consider a game it's truly out of the backlog after the trophy list is 100%, not when I start playing it.

Thanks!

Hey @HusKy, any chance this could be implmented as well in future updates? Thank you!

Hey @HusKy, what do you think of making assigned game tags easier to spot at a glance? Right now when tag list is long enough, it might take some time to notice all the check-marked tags. Would you like to adjust their appearance in some way to improve readability? Maybe like this:

Current appearance   -->   Adjusted appearance

psnp-tags-selected.png  psnp-tags-suggested.png

Another small suggestion to enhance UX is about behavior of PSplus icon and tags button. I personally find it more convenient when clickable elements are always positioned at the same place and interval and don’t move for different games in list. It was possible to achieve that locally by editing a little bit this part of script and using custom styles:

BacklogCustomColumn.prototype._build = function () {
        this
            .append(_util_J__WEBPACK_IMPORTED_MODULE_1__["J"].c('div')
            .setAttribute('style', 'width: 45px;')
            .addClass('flex', 'v-align')
            .setAttribute('style', 'position: relative;')
            .append(this._psPlusImage, this._tagsDropdown)));
    };
img.psnpp-toggle-psplus {position: absolute; left: 0;}
img.psnpp-toggle-psplus + div.dropdown.buttons {position: absolute; right: 0;}

Would you consider to check this out and maybe implement similar or more elegant solution into the script by default? Thank you.

Oh, almost forgot. There’s some minor issue with unicode characters in tags. Game lists allow you to create tags with fancy names like "Disc ?". Then it will appear in dropdown menu for every game in list. But games don’t wanna save such tags in properties. Is it feasible and worth your while to fix?

And again, thank you for such a great work you’re doing for the community!

Edited by Se7en
spoilers content fixed

On 31/08/2021 at 4:17 PM, HusKy said:

Not possible on the /games page. Profiles could be filtered but only what's already rendered on the page. The additional filters/sorting options added by PSNP are a bit finicky. Could be added though.

Similar to above - the script could technically declutter what's already visible on the page by hiding rows that are irrelevant to you. However, it can't help with things like "game name includes 'abcd' and must be EU region". Having an up-to-date list of all regions PSNP uses would be needed as well.

Thank you Husky. To be honest this doesn't surprise me and is what I thought would be the case. I think this needs to be added by PSNP directly, and I don't think it's a lot of work to be honest since the databases and menus already exist to implement it. If it was two hours of dev work I would be quite surprised.

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate all you do here. Have a good weekend.

Is there any chance we will see more statistics for our profiles?

I was thinking about yearly statistics which will shows us what we did within a year:

1) How many Platinums. 

2) How many Trophies. 

3) Most earned trophies in a single day and when was it.

4) How many days have we earned at least 1 trophy.

5) How many days in a row.

6) Ect. 

Would be nice to be able to compare this year's activity with the previous years. 

• Like 1

OK, reply time. I hope I didn't miss anyone.

On 25. 7. 2021 at 8:12 PM, Sora9427 said:

Hi, just wanted to Thank you for PSNP+, really a great update to the site that was pretty stale for years before! 

I started using the Lists which are a lot more handy than i expected and i wanted to ask 2 things about it if possible; Can we see other people lists? I made one and wanted to show it to a friend and Viceversa but i couldn't. And it is possible to add like a "Note" Space to the lists for the games? I would like For example in my Backlog about, i don't know, an Rpg i have to write down for my reminder "Gotta Get Back into it, i am at level ... in the area ..., remember i last got this collectible, and so on", would be nice, even with like a word limit; could it be done? :) 

I would like to make the lists shareable but I haven't figured out a way to do it without running a server for this script. :)

And about notes, I think it could be added.

On 31. 8. 2021 at 0:22 AM, Se7en said:

Oh, it definitely will :D

Have some rough ideas, if you wish:

psnp-tags-filter-mockup1.png psnp-tags-filter-mockup2.png

(sorry for ugly style, didn’t find native PSNP radio element to copy-paste)

I'm reusing the dropdown component that's already on this website and I'm not sure if this is even possible without some hacking. Will look into it.

On 1. 9. 2021 at 3:52 PM, leandrorhcp said:

Hey @HusKy, any chance this could be implmented as well in future updates? Thank you!

This makes sense, I will probably add this later.

On 2. 9. 2021 at 5:10 PM, Se7en said:

Hey @HusKy, what do you think of making assigned game tags easier to spot at a glance? Right now when tag list is long enough, it might take some time to notice all the check-marked tags. Would you like to adjust their appearance in some way to improve readability? Maybe like this:

Current appearance   -->   Adjusted appearance

psnp-tags-selected.png  psnp-tags-suggested.png

Another small suggestion to enhance UX is about behavior of PSplus icon and tags button. I personally find it more convenient when clickable elements are always positioned at the same place and interval and don’t move for different games in list. It was possible to achieve that locally by editing a little bit this part of script and using custom styles:

BacklogCustomColumn.prototype._build = function () {
        this
            .setAttribute('style', 'width: 45px;')
            .addClass('flex', 'v-align')
            .setAttribute('style', 'position: relative;')
            .append(this._psPlusImage, this._tagsDropdown)));
    };

img.psnpp-toggle-psplus {position: absolute; left: 0;}
img.psnpp-toggle-psplus + div.dropdown.buttons {position: absolute; right: 0;}

Would you consider to check this out and maybe implement similar or more elegant solution into the script by default? Thank you.

Oh, almost forgot. There’s some minor issue with unicode characters in tags. Game lists allow you to create tags with fancy names like "Disc ?". Then it will appear in dropdown menu for every game in list. But games don’t wanna save such tags in properties. Is it feasible and worth your while to fix?

And again, thank you for such a great work you’re doing for the community!

The visual changes make sense. I will look into them. Looks simple enough.

The tag seems to be working for me just fine:

HahibUJ.png

On 7. 9. 2021 at 3:44 PM, Kiyan-13 said:

Is there any chance we will see more statistics for our profiles?

I was thinking about yearly statistics which will shows us what we did within a year:

1) How many Platinums. 

2) How many Trophies. 

3) Most earned trophies in a single day and when was it.

4) How many days have we earned at least 1 trophy.

5) How many days in a row.

6) Ect. 

Would be nice to be able to compare this year's activity with the previous years. 

This is not really feasible for the script to do. Technically it is doable but very impractical.

15 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Hi! Good day, I wanted to know if it is possible to download your trophy log and trophy advisor as some sort of table or spreadsheet to mess with data on excel or similar? Thanks!

Very similar to the request above, just not feasible with the script.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 8:36 PM, baboon_overlord said:

I think this needs to be added by PSNP directly,

I feel ya. While it'd be nice if Sly would add a region hide setting, it'd also be nice if people could search every game by region, like if someone wanted to view all the Chinese games, or all the Korean games, or all the Physical-only lists. But I doubt Sly will ever push that. 

8 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Question about game lists. @HusKy Why does Mass Effect PS3 not show that I have trophies? It shows on the list as if I'd never played the game, but I have 100% completion on it. Is this fixable? Thanks Screenshot of Issue

The progress is scanned from your profile: https://psnprofiles.com/Rebourne07

So just visit your profile and it should update hopefully.

You can also click this button and it will basically scan your whole profile at once. After that, the progress will update every time you visit your profile.

IOSighC.png

8 hours ago, HusKy said:

The progress is scanned from your profile: https://psnprofiles.com/Rebourne07

So just visit your profile and it should update hopefully.

You can also click this button and it will basically scan your whole profile at once. After that, the progress will update every time you visit your profile.

IOSighC.png

Thanks man that did it! You’re the man.

Hey, @HusKy, I’ve got another crazy idea recently :)

What do you think about adding such new feature as ToDo List? It is a similar to Backlog feature for organizing unearned trophies, but more advanced and convenient than the regular Trophy Advisor.

Here is how it might look like:

psnp-todo-list.png

psnp-todo-list-settings.png

How it might work:

• Trophies in list draggable, could be arranged in custom order.
  • Provisional numbers continue from amount of trophies user has already earned, adjust after dragging trophies in list. This might be helpful in planning forthcoming milestones ahead or creating a game walkthrough roadmap, for example.
  • Default direction is ascending, because of numbering.
  • Ability to assign tags and to filter trophies similar to game lists. I’m not sure about special PS+ tag, included it just in case. Maybe Online tag with individual icon, like globe or something, would be more necessary and useful in this case.
  • Other types of filters and sorting options are from Trophy Advisor, except for the number of achievers. I guess including this stat would require script individually request every trophy page from server, and personally I don’t find this data very useful anyway.
  • Lite mode is for cases when someone adds too many trophies in their list, like a thousand or so. When activated it should replace game logo images with text links and remove trophy icons altogether.
     psnp-todo-list-lite.png
  • Any unearned trophy from any game could be added to the list, not just from games in user profile. Buttons to add/remove a single trophy or many trophies in bulk (base game, base game & DLCs, or each DLC individually) could be designed like this:
    psnp-todo-list-add.png

Adding trophies in bulk shouldn’t be an issue, as it would require script to make just 1 request and then to parse received table from page

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/GameID/UserID?trophies=unearned

Several ways to integrate this into profile:
a. separate link in dropdown and linear menu after current Trophy Advisor,
b. checkbox in PSNP+ settings to entirely replace regular Trophy Advisor with ToDo List in both menus,
c. block in right-hand section of user profile with top 5 trophies from the list:

psnp-todo-list-profile.png

Also, making these right-hand section blocks draggable and remember their custom order (for personal profile only, or as a general preset for every profile on PSNP) is probably another idea worthy to suggest :)

If you’d be interested in implementing this, I could help you with html & styles used in mockups if you wish.

Edited by Se7en
formatting
  • Like 3

@HusKy I gotta say, as a Software Engineer myself, this tool is one of the coolest Chrome extensions I've ever seen. I just got it a few days ago and have been checking out the features and it's amazing. I ran into two things I'd like to see in future updates if possible if you don't mind a few suggestions. 1) It'd be cool to have the ability to keep a game on a list, but mark it as "Done" even if it's not 100%. Like if a user is just going for platinum. This could be achieved in one of two ways I think. #1 have the ability to mark each game with a check or other "done" symbol kinda like we can with the PSPlus icon. or #2 have the platinum symbol be greyed out / faded until it's achieved. Right now the platinum symbol is always full color / opacity even if its not achieved, but having it be like the platinum symbol on the main list where it's faded if not achieved would be a good indicator. Think either of these two options could be added? Example mage: https://imgur.com/gallery/BcmyUGp

To achieve this, for #1 I changed 1 to 2 and 3 to 4 here: https://imgur.com/gallery/o9wUUsj

For #2 just remove the "earned" class from unearned platinums like this: https://imgur.com/gallery/ua0hzPB

Thank you!

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 1

@Se7en That's a very well thought out proposal. I can say that for now I wouldn't be able to start working on anything complex as I'm too busy this month with real life things. I will bookmark your post for now. ?

@Rebourne07 Next update is going to show accurate numbers of earned trophies with correct CSS classes for completions. As an alternative, you can also create a tag, for example "Done" and just tag any game that you are completely done with.

jbjcxi2.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

@Se7en That's a very well thought out proposal. I can say that for now I wouldn't be able to start working on anything complex as I'm too busy this month with real life things. I will bookmark your post for now. 1f44d.png

@Rebourne07 Next update is going to show accurate numbers of earned trophies with correct CSS classes for completions. As an alternative, you can also create a tag, for example "Done" and just tag any game that you are completely done with.

jbjcxi2.png

The percentages and css classes for completions will be great!! I tried the tag method but I wanted an actual checkmark rather than just the little tag icon so I replaced the PSPlus icon with the Checkmark on my browser's version of the script like this. https://imgur.com/gallery/MgMEzyR Thanks :) 

M9GknP4.png

@HusKy I feel like a derp, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to paste images into these forums...only links. How do you do it?

Edited by DaivRules
Embedded image

50 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

How do you do it?

You need to paste the actual image URL into your post and it will be automatically embedded. In this case right-clicking on the image in the gallery and copying the image URL works:

https://i.imgur.com/M9GknP4.png