[PSNP+ v8.3] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

IDK if this would be possible , but maybe if PSNP+ could pull trophy tags from guides ( MISSABLES,ONLINE TROPHIES ETC..) and display them as letters ( M - Missable , O - Online) next to difficulties/time.
Missables and online trophies are the main things I would love to see without opening the guides.

Would it be possible to add an option that makes the complexity stats hidden for already completed games (at least when viewing your own profile)? 

eg

mspaint_ux3WeGOaDt.png

Also as demonstrated above, guides for PS4 versions of games don't pull through to the PS5 stack of the same trophy list (No Man's Sky), though its kind of hard to deal with that since its a case by case basis thing I guess

Either way I dunno if I've ever posted here just to say good work on the script, makes the site way more useable for me :)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mio said:

Would it be possible to add an option that makes the complexity stats hidden for already completed games (at least when viewing your own profile)?

This probably won't happen but I might add a toggle that allows to show this info only in profiles or only in lists.

Also as demonstrated above, guides for PS4 versions of games don't pull through to the PS5 stack of the same trophy list (No Man's Sky), though its kind of hard to deal with that since its a case by case basis thing I guess

Yes they do. Works for me. Try visiting https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/11789-no-mans-sky/MioMeido

and then go to your profile.

LH2FmvI.png

34 minutes ago, Prometheous101 said:

IDK if this would be possible , but maybe if PSNP+ could pull trophy tags from guides ( MISSABLES,ONLINE TROPHIES ETC..) and display them as letters ( M - Missable , O - Online) next to difficulties/time.
Missables and online trophies are the main things I would love to see without opening the guides.

This could be added. I will think about it.

@Prometheous101

What other tags are important? Maybe "Buggy"? I can only pick a few that will be collected by the script.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

@Prometheous101

What other tags are important? Maybe "Buggy"? I can only pick a few that will be collected by the script.

Date sensitive tag maybe, Buggy tag. Others arent as important to see right away.
EDIT1:  Maybe collectible, but thats up to you, I aint 100% sure about it. Some people seem to avoid games with collectibles so it could be usefull to some people, I personally dont mind games with collectibles.

Edited by Prometheous101

First of all, great job. I love your script and it makes the site much better and more informative than it already is.

I have a small suggestion regarding quality of live: Could you alter the links which lead from the trophy page to the forum to open in a new tap insteat of the same tap (the same like for the search links you added with the script)? Forum sites load very slow. This would happen than in the background while you can still check the trophies of the game. I know, using the mousewheel or via context menu would do the same, but as I said, it's an improvement of quality if living ?

3 minutes ago, Tobens said:

I know, using the mousewheel or via context menu would do the same

Yes exactly or Ctrl+Left click. Personally, I always use mousewheel. Sorry but not going to change this. xD

I have a question, pardon if it was asked already:

SS from my list. As you see "Singstars" are marked as games with unobtainable trophies, perfect:
feGbdmF.png

But when I am using "search" function in "games" section, they are not present on the findings list:

9Z7nUXq.png

Can this marking be also added or there are some technical issues with it?

Thanks a lot for your hard work and this super-useful addon @HusKy!

Edited by Smashero

9 hours ago, Smashero said:

But when I am using "search" function in "games" section, they are not present on the findings list:

Can this marking be also added or there are some technical issues with it?

Thanks a lot for your hard work and this super-useful addon @HusKy!

Yeah, it does not appear because it's not implemented there. I have to add this feature into every page by hand and each page is slightly different.

I think I can add this in the next update.

• Like 1

On 6. 5. 2022 at 0:07 PM, Prometheous101 said:

Date sensitive tag maybe, Buggy tag. Others arent as important to see right away.
EDIT1:  Maybe collectible, but thats up to you, I aint 100% sure about it. Some people seem to avoid games with collectibles so it could be usefull to some people, I personally dont mind games with collectibles.

The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined only towards 2 tags:

Online (Mutiplayer Only, Online Required, Online Co-Op)

Not much to say here, these trophies can be pain to obtain and will always become unobtainable at some point in the future. Prioritizing these games makes sense and this has beeon also requested countless times.

Buggy

Red flag trophies that sometimes don't work as expected. These should be prioritized when checking trophy list and the guide.

Other tags such as "Collectable" or "Missable" can be annoying for some players, but they don't fundamentally change how you play the game today or in 10 years and in general work as expected.

"Date sensitive" is super niche and can be manipulated in most if not all cases when changing system date & time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HusKy said:

The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined only towards 2 tags:

Online (Mutiplayer Only, Online Required, Online Co-Op)

Not much to say here, these trophies can be pain to obtain and will always become unobtainable at some point in the future. Prioritizing these games makes sense and this has beeon also requested countless times.

Buggy

Red flag trophies that sometimes don't work as expected. These should be prioritized when checking trophy list and the guide.

Other tags such as "Collectable" or "Missable" can be annoying for some players, but they don't fundamentally change how you play the game today or in 10 years and in general work as expected.

"Date sensitive" is super niche and can be manipulated in most if not all cases when changing system date & time.

I understand what you are saying, but I would still suggest you keep the missable tag. 

Keeping it there would make more casual people aware of them, and keep more experienced players aware of them as Its the only trophy tag you MUST be aware of before starting a playthrough. 

Still it's up to you and I will respect what you decide to do. 

10 hours ago, Prometheous101 said:

I understand what you are saying, but I would still suggest you keep the missable tag. 

Keeping it there would make more casual people aware of them, and keep more experienced players aware of them as Its the only trophy tag you MUST be aware of before starting a playthrough. 

Still it's up to you and I will respect what you decide to do. 

This information will be only available in lists (at least at the beginning) and the goal here is to help you prioritize games that are in your backlog.

Since I have this already implemented, I did a quick test on my backlog with 35 games:

• online - 6 (but 1 false flag; PS4 version does not have online trophies present in PS3 version)
  • buggy - 11
  • missable - 19 (over 50%)

Overall, missable trophies are very common and as such I find the information kinda useless. Experienced user will check the guide anyway and casuals don't use (or even know about) PSNP+. xD

• Like 1

@HusKy Any chance you can slap this (or some variation) in there somewhere?

setInterval(p => {
    if ($('.user-bar').length > 0) {
        const gameCount = $('#gamesTable tbody tr').length.toString() + (window.nextPage > 0 ? '+' : '');
        $('#content > div > div.col-xs-8 > div.title > div > h3').text(`GAMES (${gameCount})`);
    }
}, 1000);

It's always bothered me not knowing how many games the filters applied to. Works nicely with the "Load All Games" button (when a filter is applied obviously, since the count without filters is already displayed.

psnp-game-count.png

11 minutes ago, langdon said:

@HusKy Any chance you can slap this (or some variation) in there somewhere?

setInterval(p => {
        const gameCount = $('#gamesTable tbody tr').length.toString() + (window.nextPage > 0 ? '+' : '');
        $('#content > div > div.col-xs-8 > div.title > div > h3').text(`GAMES (${gameCount})`);
    }
}, 1000);

It's always bothered me not knowing how many games the filters applied to. Works nicely with the "Load All Games" button (when a filter is applied obviously, since the count without filters is already displayed.

Sure I like it. It's easy enough to add...

k9RzPS7.png

The number will change automatically as more games are loaded. When using text search, it won't change because the results are displayed in a separate table and I don't want to deal with that for now.

Also, the reason why your screenshot shows "101" is because the last row contains button/link to load more games.

• Like 1

Hey @HusKy! Another question if I may: is there any option to add some kind of filters to the page with the leaderboard for specific game to filter out the Users from specific country?

There is an option like that for https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard - on the right side. Can something like this also appear when you choose any game?

I.E. here: https://psnprofiles.com/game-leaderboard/6719-maldita-castilla-ex-cursed-castilla

Thanks in advance!

17 minutes ago, HusKy said:

The number will change automatically as more games are loaded. When using text search, it won't change because the results are displayed in a separate table and I don't want to deal with that for now.

Also, the reason why your screenshot shows "101" is because the last row contains button/link to load more games.

Ahh, that makes sense.  This fixes the error and prioritizes searched games if you want::

setInterval(p => {
    const selector = $('#search-results').css('display') !== 'none' ? '#search-results' : '#gamesTable';
    const gameCount = $(`${selector} tbody tr`).length;
    const loadMore = $(`${selector} #load-more`).length > 0;

$('#content > div > div.col-xs-8 > div.title > div > h3').text(`GAMES (${gameCount + (loadMore ? -1 : 0)}${(loadMore ? '+' : '')})`);
  }
}, 1000);

Edited by langdon

34 minutes ago, langdon said:

Hmmm, how'd you get time played there?? I need that. 1f605.png

That's a private script, not part of PSNP+.

18 minutes ago, langdon said:

Ahh, that makes sense.  This fixes the error and deals prioritizes searched games if you want::

Don't worry, I use MutationObserver in the script and I would have to do some larger changes to support search results table.

22 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Hey @HusKy! Another question if I may: is there any option to add some kind of filters to the page with the leaderboard for specific game to filter out the Users from specific country?

There is an option like that for https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard - on the right side. Can something like this also appear when you choose any game?

I.E. here: https://psnprofiles.com/game-leaderboard/6719-maldita-castilla-ex-cursed-castilla

Thanks in advance!

Not possible (or practical) with a script as far as I know.

• Like 1

Not sure if it's been suggested before, but @HusKy thoughts on potential for adding an item here on Game Lists labeled Unearned Trophies? Show the sum total of trophies we haven't earned yet so we can watch the number decrease as the days go by? uFeDIG5.png

12 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Not sure if it's been suggested before, but @HusKy thoughts on potential for adding an item here on Game Lists labeled Unearned Trophies? Show the sum total of trophies we haven't earned yet so we can watch the number decrease as the days go by? 

Does "earned/total" work for you? This will work on smallest screens and I will have enough extra space in case I need to add another button/dropdown in this control bar.

edit. Going to change "/" to " of " to be more in line with other texts on PSNP.

FQk6T1W.png

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

Does "earned/total" work for you? This will work on smallest screens and I will have enough extra space in case I need to add another button/dropdown in this control bar.

edit. Going to change "/" to " of " to be more in line with other texts on PSNP.

FQk6T1W.png

Woot! That’s perfect thanks!!