[PSNP+ v8.3] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

26 minutes ago, shary96 said:

I have a request... The option to hide the leaderboard ranks is a godsend, but do you think it's possible to extend further this function for the trophy cards as well?

If you mean the image in your signature, that's not possible with a script.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Prometheous101 said:

rVhavw0.png
Make the +1 somehow expandable so we can directly click the other stacks without needing to search up name of the game to go to a specific stack?

Just click "More" and find it on that page. Not planning to over-engineer this rather simple feature.

1XMeECd.png

• Like 3

Actually, I can make it so that clicking the (+1) would redirect to https://psnprofiles.com/search/games?q=DEATHVERSE%3A LET IT DIE

I think this is a good compromise and super simple to do on my end.

edit. Done. Will be available in the next update whenever that's released.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 4

Yesterday, I posted about tracking games with very high average completion in one of the threads inside Suggestions section of the forum. I'm gonna copy it here because it also relates to PSNP+:

Earlier this month I started tracking games with very high completion rates - 98%+, 95%+ and 90%+ (with 5+ owners). This approach is more effective than I initially anticipated and it's completely automatic. Keep in mind the lists are impartial, they contain any game with particular completion and 5+ owners. It does not matter if the game is "good" or "bad".

Today the 98%+ group contains 1881 games. Here are some stats:

- delta: 221 games added in 20 days (was 1660 games on Sep 7th)

- average: 11.05 games per day

- almost every game that has average rarity 90% or higher goes straight to 98%+ group --> there was almost no change in <90%; 98%) completion range

- unless something happens, this group will double in size in the next 4-5 months

This means, you can get roughly 70 new platinums every week without any effort. These numbers seem pretty extreme but you can correlate them with top profiles in the leaderboard to see that they are indeed real.

nsw2Zaz.png

All charts can be found here, updated daily: https://psnp-plus.netlify.app/

(The charts are not mobile phone friendly, sorry)

I'm planning to use this in tandem with PSNP+ as an opt-in feature. Still to be decided how things will work.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

Another idea, this time for lists: could we add options to the dropdown menu for games on the right (currently only containing the "Delete" option) that will send them to either the top or bottom of the list right away without having to manually click and drag them up or down for several minutes? Would save me and anyone else using a list to keep track of their backlog/playing order a lot of time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainCsabee said:

Hey!

Question, what could cause this? Or is it a bug? https://imgur.com/a/4tDDacZ

Yeah, it's conflicting with this extension:

YHF9sSx.png

Though I'm not sure why it started happening now. I tried to reproduce this error on my setup and could not.

On 29. 9. 2022 at 10:11 AM, Xillynoc said:

Another idea, this time for lists: could we add options to the dropdown menu for games on the right (currently only containing the "Delete" option) that will send them to either the top or bottom of the list right away without having to manually click and drag them up or down for several minutes? Would save me and anyone else using a list to keep track of their backlog/playing order a lot of time.

Yeah, dragging games in large lists with 100+ items can be pretty painful. This will be available in the next update.

• Like 2

Searched this topic to see if there was a related issue but PSNP+ does not work for me on Firefox. First time I've ever installed it on the browser and it essentially dies on the $ function in that it doesn't know what it is. 

ReferenceError: $ is not defined

At some point, I saw that it log out more detailed information such as the plugin was able to get as far as the Profile Module and die right after with that error. Subsequently, I haven't seen that detailed information since.

--

Installed PSNP+ on Opera GX/Next, worked fine there which is my main browser anyways. Figured I say something about Firefox just in case.

Edited by ShianKiri
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, ShianKiri said:

Searched this topic to see if there was a related issue but PSNP+ does not work for me on Firefox. First time I've ever installed it on the browser and it essentially dies on the $ function in that it doesn't know what it is. 

ReferenceError: $ is not defined

At some point, I saw that it log out more detailed information such as the plugin was able to get as far as the Profile Module and die right after with that error. Subsequently, I haven't seen that detailed information since.

--

Installed PSNP+ on Opera GX/Next, worked fine there which is my main browser anyways. Figured I say something about Firefox just in case.

I use Firefox and have no issues getting PSNP+ to work with it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I use Firefox and have no issues getting PSNP+ to work with it.

Yeah don't know what to tell you man. Stock Firefox that is fully upgraded with no add-ons except of what is required to run PSNP+. First time install of it. 

So just saying, there is something broken either with 1 of 3 things: Firefox, Tampermonkey or the PSNP+ script. 

Console says that it can't find $ and I can only imagine that it's in reference to a node module not being able to evaluate data or it's a collision with jQuery or jQuery has not loaded by the time PSNP+ got there or what ever. 

I can go into the script and debug it myself and honestly, I'm not that interested in getting something to work in a browser I rarely use. 

• Like 1

@ShianKiri Thank you for the report. It's indeed broken. Here's why:

Info from Mozilla addons listing:

eje3R3x.png

Info from changelog:

cjDS7P8.png

@sandbox should default to "raw" but it doesn't for some reason and it breaks the script.

This only affects Firefox right now and only fresh installs. Old installs seem to work fine.

I will release an update tomorrow because I'm not expecting TM to receive an update during a weekend.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 2

Hello HusKy, 

first of all, great work there with PSNP+! 

Now I have one question: I know that PSNP+ now shows all unobtainable trophies (at least those, that are listed in the Master list). Is it possible to show also Multiplayer/online trophies? Well, more like online trophies (I assume that some MP trophies can be earned locally, like using splitscreen, 2 controllers etc). When scrolling through me backlog list, maybe I would first finish game with online trophies. Dont know if its possible to get tags from guides (e.g. some of the trophies are marked there as online), or it would require another Master list (maybe it would be possible to have Master list with ALL online trophies where some of them would be marked as unobtainable).

2 hours ago, RolandMate said:

Hello HusKy, 

Now I have one question: I know that PSNP+ now shows all unobtainable trophies (at least those, that are listed in the Master list). Is it possible to show also Multiplayer/online trophies? Well, more like online trophies (I assume that some MP trophies can be earned locally, like using splitscreen, 2 controllers etc). When scrolling through me backlog list, maybe I would first finish game with online trophies. Dont know if its possible to get tags from guides (e.g. some of the trophies are marked there as online), or it would require another Master list (maybe it would be possible to have Master list with ALL online trophies where some of them would be marked as unobtainable).

that sounds like a good idea @HusKy thoughts?

On 1. 10. 2022 at 1:51 PM, RolandMate said:

Hello HusKy, 

This has been suggested before and I'm not personally planning to implement this. Right now I'm manually managing master list for unobtainables and it's already a chore that I need to do (almost) every day. I don't want to manage yet another master list that would receive even more updates.

However, PSNP+ does show you if game contains Online trophies if:

- there is a guide available and the guide is using correct tags

- and you visited particular trophy list at least once

- and the game is added in your game list

wdGXt9S.png

You can click that "Online" tag and that will show you the trophy guide which the info came from. From there you can click labels in the trophy guide summary to quickly see online trophies and their descriptions.

Yxi8NfB.png

I'd say this is pretty good and covers many of the use cases -- and it's fully automated because it uses information already provided by guide authors.

On 1. 10. 2022 at 3:59 PM, Doom said:

Hi @HusKy

I am on FF but TM says the latest PSNP+ version is 6.11 1f914.png

Also checked and both FF and TM are up to date.

TM checks script updates automatically once per day. You can also manually run this check, this is mentioned in the first post. However, the fastest way to update the script is to click the install link again and that will trigger update dialogue.

Edited by HusKy

2 minutes ago, HusKy said:

TM checks script updates automatically once per day. You can also manually run this check, this is mentioned in the first post. However, the fastest way to update the script is to click the install link again and that will trigger update dialogue.

Did as you said, from the link, and now it's the correct version ?

I tried out this:

• frontpage: clicking hidden stacks counter now opens search [1]

Don't know if it is at all possible, but to get a more "refined" and "to the point" result, you should search for games names like this "Lemon AND Cake" instead of "Lemon Cake".

The first search will return only games with lemon and cake in the name, the second search will return anything with those words and sometimes even just similar words or random stuff really.

An example is searching for "The Outer Worlds". After a couple of results you start getting random stuff like "Mega Man 10". Or just anything with "The".

And if the name is just a single word you can try search for it like this "Gris AND Gris", it usually help getting a better result.

That would require parsing a title and add the various AND, ofc. So, not sure you want to take it that far.