HusKy

[PSNP+ v6.13] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

1,445 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RolandMate said:

Hello HusKy, 

first of all, great work there with PSNP+! 

Now I have one question: I know that PSNP+ now shows all unobtainable trophies (at least those, that are listed in the Master list). Is it possible to show also Multiplayer/online trophies? Well, more like online trophies (I assume that some MP trophies can be earned locally, like using splitscreen, 2 controllers etc). When scrolling through me backlog list, maybe I would first finish game with online trophies. Dont know if its possible to get tags from guides (e.g. some of the trophies are marked there as online), or it would require another Master list (maybe it would be possible to have Master list with ALL online trophies where some of them would be marked as unobtainable).

This has been suggested before and I'm not personally planning to implement this. Right now I'm manually managing master list for unobtainables and it's already a chore that I need to do (almost) every day. I don't want to manage yet another master list that would receive even more updates.

However, PSNP+ does show you if game contains Online trophies if:

- there is a guide available and the guide is using correct tags

- and you visited particular trophy list at least once

- and the game is added in your game list

wdGXt9S.png

You can click that "Online" tag and that will show you the trophy guide which the info came from. From there you can click labels in the trophy guide summary to quickly see online trophies and their descriptions.

I'd say this is pretty good and covers many of the use cases -- and it's fully automated because it uses information already provided by guide authors.

37 minutes ago, Doom said:

Hi @HusKy

I am on FF but TM says the latest PSNP+ version is 6.11 1f914.png

Also checked and both FF and TM are up to date.

TM checks script updates automatically once per day. You can also manually run this check, this is mentioned in the first post. However, the fastest way to update the script is to click the install link again and that will trigger update dialogue.

Edited by HusKy

2 minutes ago, HusKy said:

TM checks script updates automatically once per day. You can also manually run this check, this is mentioned in the first post. However, the fastest way to update the script is to click the install link again and that will trigger update dialogue.

Did as you said, from the link, and now it's the correct version 👍

I tried out this:

• frontpage: clicking hidden stacks counter now opens search [1]

Don't know if it is at all possible, but to get a more "refined" and "to the point" result, you should search for games names like this "Lemon AND Cake" instead of "Lemon Cake".

The first search will return only games with lemon and cake in the name, the second search will return anything with those words and sometimes even just similar words or random stuff really.

An example is searching for "The Outer Worlds". After a couple of results you start getting random stuff like "Mega Man 10". Or just anything with "The".

And if the name is just a single word you can try search for it like this "Gris AND Gris", it usually help getting a better result.

That would require parsing a title and add the various AND, ofc. So, not sure you want to take it that far.

11 minutes ago, Doom said:
  -snip-

I might implement something that helps with this in the future. No immediate plans.

On 15.09.2022 at 3:30 PM, HusKy said:

Regarding MIR card, no idea. I think you will either need a credit card or debit card that has credit card number.

Yeah, unfortunately BMAC doesn’t even recognize my Belarusian card as a valid card number, sorry :(

Apologies for the large post.  I have a usability suggestion for profile/game lists.  Am I the only one annoyed by the awkward background coloring?

• The tables are striped (alternating white/gray)
  • The green for non-platinum completion really stands out
  • The blue for platinum is really faint
  • There's no difference in color for platinum without DLC and platinum with DLC

All I really care about is 100% or not 100% and I wonder if anyone finds the faint blue for platinum useful?

My profile shows an arrangement that's currently hard to parse.

Red Dead and Alice have the darker alternative background and are hard to differentiate for me from Terraria, that's Platinum (and coincidentally also 100% but not green).

qq9DcBq.png

Making `table.zebra tr:nth-child(even)` look the same as odd improves things a little. Red Dead and Alice no longer stand out.

53r4V6o.png

But what if we just commit to 100% or not 100% coloring?  It makes it a little easier to parse for me.

m6YTTH8.png

It also solves the problem of not being able to tell the difference between Platinum without DLC and Platinum with DLC. In the suggested change on the right, Fallout: New Vegas is clearly flagged as needing completion.

5KZh7fN.png

It could be behind a setting if it might not be universally accepted.

Also, I'm still willing to help out if you need extra hands. :)

Edited by langdon

7 minutes ago, langdon said:

Apologies for the large post.  I have a usability suggestion for profile/game lists.  Am I the only one annoyed by the awkward background coloring?

• The tables are striped (alternating white/gray)
  • The green for non-platinum completion really stands out
  • The blue for platinum is really faint
  • There's no difference in color for platinum without DLC and platinum with DLC

All I really care about is 100% or not 100% and I wonder if anyone finds the faint blue for platinum useful?

My profile shows an arrangement that's currently hard to parse.

Red Dead and Alice have the darker alternative background and are hard to differentiate for me from Terraria, that's Platinum (and coincidentally also 100% but not green).

qq9DcBq.png

Making `table.zebra tr:nth-child(even)` look the same as odd improves things a little. Red Dead and Alice no longer stand out.

53r4V6o.png

But what if we just commit to 100% or not 100% coloring?  It makes it a little easier to parse for me.

m6YTTH8.png

It also solves the problem of not being able to tell the difference between Platinum without DLC and Platinum with DLC. In the suggested change on the right, Fallout: New Vegas is clearly flagged as needing completion.

5KZh7fN.png

It could be behind a setting if it might not be universally accepted.

Also, I'm still willing to help out if you need extra hands. :)

unfortunately that is a issue with psnp and not with psnp+. tables is the only one @HusKymight be able to help 

1 minute ago, serrated-banner9 said:

unfortunately that is a issue with psnp and not with psnp+. tables is the only one @HusKymight be able to help 

Oh, I know.  But it's easy to fix in post.

- Iterate through the rows (already occuring)

- If complete tr.addClass("complete") else tr.addClass("incomplete")

- tr.complete td { background: green !important; }

- tr.incomplete td { background: white !important; }

Just now, langdon said:

Oh, I know.  But it's easy to fix in post.

- Iterate through the rows (already occuring)

- If complete tr.addClass("complete") else tr.addClass("incomplete")

- tr.complete td { background: green !important; }

- tr.incomplete td { background: white !important; }

Is this something a Stylus sheet could solve for you?

I do agree that the table is really hard to read on low-contrast/old monitors though.

Just now, HusKy said:

Is this something a Stylus sheet could solve for you?

I do agree that the table is really hard to read on low-contrast/old monitors though.

For certain. Wasn't aware of that extension.

Just now, langdon said:

For certain. Wasn't aware of that extension.

Feel free to share the CSS rules here with others. 👍

7 hours ago, HusKy said:

Feel free to share the CSS rules here with others. 1f44d.png

/* remove darker row color */ table.zebra tr:nth-child(even),
/* remove blue from plat without 100% */ tr:has(span.platinum.earned):has(span.completion):not(:has(span.completion.earned)) td {
    background: #f9f9f9 !important;
}

/* plat with dlc */ table.zebra tr:has(span.platinum.earned):has(span.completion.earned) td,
/* plat but missing dlc */ table.zebra tr:has(span.platinum.earned):not(:has(span.completion)) td,
/* 100% */ table.zebra tr:has(span.completion.earned) td {
  background: #ecf8ea !important;
}

feelsgoodman

Edited by langdon

And how would we be using that with Stylus exactly? Can you show your stylus page with the code? Thanks

1 hour ago, Rejim said:

And how would we be using that with Stylus exactly? Can you show your stylus page with the code? Thanks

Oh, sure.

1. Install https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylus/clngdbkpkpeebahjckkjfobafhncgmne?hl=en
  2. Click it (using the puzzle piece on the top right of Chrome to find it, it has a teal, squared off "S" icon)
  3. You'll see a box pop up... if you're on psnprofiles.com at the time, it'll say "Write styles for ..." and then show the url
  4. Click on the domain so it isolates "psnprofiles.com"
  5. Paste the CSS from my post above into the "Code 1"
  6. Click Save.

And then enjoy that completion in a whole new light. 

ETA: If you prefer the subtle blue instead of the green, change "#ecf8ea" above to "#f1f5fd".

Edited by langdon

Hello,

Can we have information on a game (difficulty, number of hours,...) only in the gamelist ?

Thx

1 minute ago, MsieurSeb said:

Hello,

Can we have information on a game (difficulty, number of hours,...) only in the gamelist ?

Thx

Why?

Just now, HusKy said:

Why?

Too much information on the homepage.

20 hours ago, langdon said:

Oh, sure.

1. Install https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylus/clngdbkpkpeebahjckkjfobafhncgmne?hl=en
  2. Click it (using the puzzle piece on the top right of Chrome to find it, it has a teal, squared off "S" icon)
  3. You'll see a box pop up... if you're on psnprofiles.com at the time, it'll say "Write styles for ..." and then show the url
  4. Click on the domain so it isolates "psnprofiles.com"
  5. Paste the CSS from my post above into the "Code 1"
  6. Click Save.

And then enjoy that completion in a whole new light. 

ETA: If you prefer the subtle blue instead of the green, change "#ecf8ea" above to "#f1f5fd".

I do that but somehow it doesn't update. I copied the code where it said 'insert code here', feel like I'm missing something really stupid (have Opera though, dunno if could be that)

Finally got round to installing this on my phone rather than relying on my laptop every other night. Outstanding work @HusKy.

I sense beers in your future! 😊👍

21 hours ago, MsieurSeb said:

Too much information on the homepage.

Next update will allow you to easily hide this info with Stylus if you wish to do that.