[PSNP+ v8.4] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

On 31/03/2020 at 5:43 AM, HusKy said:

It's stored in localStorage which is managed by browser. Depending on your settings, browser might delete the data without notifying you.

The best thing you can do is always have an exported backup saved somewhere safe.

Can you be more specific with the location of the data?

I did a cache clear on chrome (Mac) and it deleted my data without recent backup. Looking to see if I can recover from Time Machine backup.

EDIT: Solved.

Restored the folder: ~/User/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default from a previous TM backup.

Edited by GRJ-UNIT
Solved

17 hours ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

So are you saying you could do this? Because this would be amazing

Yep, I think it should be fairly easy to do.

4 hours ago, KimmysGotGame said:

I guess I missed that in one of the patch notes ? I thought that button made sure your lists were the same as your saved backup for some reason. Thanks for pointing that out

It's one of the oldest features but this reminds me that perhaps I should add it into the feature list in the first post.

3 hours ago, GRJ-UNIT said:

Can you be more specific with the location of the data?

I did a cache clear on chrome (Mac) and it deleted my data without recent backup. Looking to see if I can recover from Time Machine backup.

EDIT: Solved.

Restored the folder: ~/User/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default from a previous TM backup.

I'm glad you resolved the problem. Make sure to export a backup via PSNP+ settings ASAP.

And some further technical explanation:

"localStorage" is a browser-level API to store data. I don't control where the actual data resides on the hard drive, name of the storage file etc. Each browser can implement their own underlying storage system (I think some use SQLite for example) and so fishing out the data from that particular binary file is not trivial. Restoring Chrome profile was a good solution. ?

On 15/09/2022 at 10:35 PM, HusKy said:

Quick update v6.7 (I found last minute bug, so v6.6 was never released)

Forum posts loader -- posts from different forums are separated with darker grey line:

BlXUES1.gif

Some great additions lately! Waiting for my payday to get you some well deserved beers ??

Just a note on the one above. Some stacks or regions do not have any posts (while there are posts on others), so there is no such button unfortunately, and that situation would be the most useful for that I think, dunno if possible though since the header does not exist if no posts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rejim said:

Just a note on the one above. Some stacks or regions do not have any posts (while there are posts on others), so there is no such button unfortunately, and that situation would be the most useful for that I think, dunno if possible though since the header does not exist if no posts

Yep, that's a small oversight on my part. I will improve it but I need to figure out where to put the button.

• Like 1

Hi @HusKy! Thanks for the quality of life improvements you've added for all of us!

Here's my suggestion and request if you can pull this off. Could you make games show the platinum rarity on the games search instead of an average rarity? I always end up giving a game that extra click just to see how rare the platinum is. I personally find that info more important than average rarity when browsing games.

https://imgur.com/a/mSxpeBe

Edited by Gattusso02
  • Like 2

On 9/17/2022 at 1:13 AM, HusKy said:

What if someone else requests that all stacks are removed and a stage is "blue" as long as at least 1 game is 100%?

I think a better approach might be to simply collapse any stage that has at least 1 100% game included.

Example from the image you provided:

No Stage - Not collapsed

S1 - Not collapsed

S2 - Collapsed -- shows only DS2 PS3 and has blue badge

S3 - Not collapsed

If you decide to play DS2 PS4, it would show:

S2 - DS2 PS3, DS2 PS4 - blue badge

This would be more flexible since this would also allow to mix and match regions.

I'm very proud of coming up with this myself. xD

Already exists. Go to PSNP+ Settings -> Data -> Refresh Lists

The process is intentionally slow.

If I understand correctly that sounds like a big step in the right direction! What about putting a show/hide toggle on ever my game on the page? Then if you wanna leave in games you’re still making progress on you can while hiding ones you know you’ll never care about? 

Had another guide-related idea, but it might be a lot more work than the DLC guide patch depending on how the site code works: would it be possible, either automatically or via a button as you just added for DLC trophies, to display trophy information from guides on individual trophy pages from stacks/versions other than the guide's? As an example, displaying the guide and info for this PS5 trophy underneath the identical PS4 equivalent.

Thank you SO MUCH for your work!!! I wanted to let you know that the trophies for the DLC “murder on Eridanos”, for the game “the outer worlds” seem to load the guide for the other DLC of the game, “peril on gorgon”, when you press the load guide button. Just in case it’s something that can be fixed! I played the EU version, if that helps.

And again, thank you so much for this!

7 minutes ago, Kefka1986 said:

Thank you SO MUCH for your work!!! I wanted to let you know that the trophies for the DLC “murder on Eridanos”, for the game “the outer worlds” seem to load the guide for the other DLC of the game, “peril on gorgon”, when you press the load guide button. Just in case it’s something that can be fixed! I played the EU version, if that helps.

And again, thank you so much for this!

Can you link exact trophy that does not work? For example, this one is fine and loads correct guide:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/9857-the-outer-worlds/60-murder-on-eridanos

• Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 9:13 AM, HusKy said:

What if someone else requests that all stacks are removed and a stage is "blue" as long as at least 1 game is 100%?

I think a better approach might be to simply collapse any stage that has at least 1 100% game included.

Example from the image you provided:

No Stage - Not collapsed

S1 - Not collapsed

S2 - Collapsed -- shows only DS2 PS3 and has blue badge

S3 - Not collapsed

If you decide to play DS2 PS4, it would show:

S2 - DS2 PS3, DS2 PS4 - blue badge

This would be more flexible since this would also allow to mix and match regions.

This would be awesome and very similar to something I asked a while ago!

Also, would you be able to add a "game series" button at the very top of the site page? Together with all the other navigation links?

NB: I would suggest to approach "No Stage" sections differently than numbered section tho. Sometimes they contain different games, not just stacking games.

Example: https://psnprofiles.com/series/15-assassins-creed/DocDoomII

And a small request of mine.

Would it be possible to automate this feature in the guide page? Maybe with a toggle in the PSNP+ Settings.

y71e7r3.png

From what I can see, once you press it the result is extremely fast, so I don't think it would hamper the user experience.

Thank you for all your work!

Edited by Doom

10 hours ago, Gattusso02 said:

Hi @HusKy! Thanks for the quality of life improvements you've added for all of us!

Here's my suggestion and request if you can pull this off. Could you make games show the platinum rarity on the games search instead of an average rarity? I always end up giving a game that extra click just to see how rare the platinum is. I personally find that info more important than average rarity when browsing games.

https://imgur.com/a/mSxpeBe

This is not possible (or practical to be precise) because as far as I can tell, the platinum rarity is not available anywhere on that page. This means the script would have to make ~50 requests to load all those rarities, which would take slightly less than 2 minutes with some sleep calls in between.

9 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

If I understand correctly that sounds like a big step in the right direction! What about putting a show/hide toggle on ever my game on the page? Then if you wanna leave in games you’re still making progress on you can while hiding ones you know you’ll never care about? 

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of this. If you want to remove games/stages from the series, you are not doing the series as it was designed by the series author. At this point you might as well create PSNP+ game list with any games you want and call it "My Custom Darksiders Series".

4 hours ago, Prometheous101 said:

@HusKy Base sorting options (PSNPROFILES) and Psnp+ sorting options should be assigned colors or something else to tell them apart since base sorting overwrites the Psnp+ stuff when sorting and selecting the misc sort options. 

Yeah, this can be a bit tricky to work with sometimes. I will add light grey background to PSNP+ options.

3 hours ago, Xillynoc said:

Had another guide-related idea, but it might be a lot more work than the DLC guide patch depending on how the site code works: would it be possible, either automatically or via a button as you just added for DLC trophies, to display trophy information from guides on individual trophy pages from stacks/versions other than the guide's? As an example, displaying the guide and info for this PS5 trophy underneath the identical PS4 equivalent.

This will be available in the next update. Also YouTube videos will now load.

3 hours ago, Doom said:

Also, would you be able to add a "game series" button at the very top of the site page? Together with all the other navigation links?

The problem is, this will cause the main navigation to "jump" (when the new Series link is inserted) and that's really annoying/ugly, especially when it's something that happens on every page load no matter where you are.

Though I could add it here: https://psnprofiles.com/games

Ce76e5R.png

3 hours ago, Doom said:

And a small request of mine.

Would it be possible to automate this feature in the guide page? Maybe with a toggle in the PSNP+ Settings.

y71e7r3.png

From what I can see, once you press it the result is extremely fast, so I don't think it would hamper the user experience.

Thank you for all your work!

This is a bit tricky since it also involves loading from URL input. If I add this, this will only auto load the very last progress that was manually loaded. This would help in case you are just following one guide but if you are switching between guides, this would not help much.

• Like 3

If I may report not working DLC guides button feature, Battlefield 4 DLC trophies dont seem to work. Seems like another name thing, for example while searching for Naval Strike guide, it says "Guide for DLC "Battlefield 4™ Naval Strike Trophies" was not found.", and the "trophies" part is what probably causes it to miss the guide.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Varhur said:

If I may report not working DLC guides button feature, Battlefield 4 DLC trophies dont seem to work. Seems like another name thing, for example while searching for Naval Strike guide, it says "Guide for DLC "Battlefield 4™ Naval Strike Trophies" was not found.", and the "trophies" part is what probably causes it to miss the guide.

Thanks for the report. Best thing you can do is provide me with link to trophy which doesn't work so I don't need to look for it. Support for this game will be added in the next update:

gzBfoOy.png

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

The problem is, this will cause the main navigation to "jump" (when the new Series link is inserted) and that's really annoying/ugly, especially when it's something that happens on every page load no matter where you are.

Though I could add it here: https://psnprofiles.com/games

Ce76e5R.png

This is a bit tricky since it also involves loading from URL input. If I add this, this will only auto load the very last progress that was manually loaded. This would help in case you are just following one guide but if you are switching between guides, this would not help much.

1) That would be lovely too

2) I see that. While it wouldn't impact me, because I only play one game at a time, I totally understand the issue, and if it can't be done so be it

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of this. If you want to remove games/stages from the series, you are not doing the series as it was designed by the series author. At this point you might as well create PSNP+ game list with any games you want and call it "My Custom Darksiders Series".

While I agree with you about the solution he proposed, the notion of "series as it was designed" the way you are referring to seems a bit misguided.

As they have been implemented as of now, the "series" are a mess and all over the place.

Seems to me they were compiled in a rush and possibly by different people with different "vision".

I don't think much thought was put into them, other than rushing to create a first draft of this new site section (that even years after still seems to be half baked).

For example in the lego series you have ALL lego games with no other apparent link other than being lego games.

Same with star wars. Which doesn't make sense, because I think you would agree with me that star wars pinball has little to nothing in common with star wars jedi fallen order or any other non pinball game. Ever.

Also the vast majority of games seem to appear in only one series. Something that leaves us with inconsistencies like these:

We have a batman telltale series, and a batman arkham series that only include their respective games.

But not a batman lego series, or even a global telltale series.

Sorry for rambling, in the end my point is simply that imo not much though was put in creating the series in the first place.

Edited by Doom

3 minutes ago, Doom said:

Right, that's why I suggested you just create your own "series" as a game list. There would be virtually no difference.

You can even share these game lists with others and they will be able to track their progress in your version.

Regarding "the "series" are a mess and all over the place" -- this thread is really not the right one to discuss that. You can try posting in the appropriate thread.

47 minutes ago, Doom said:

Same with star wars. Which doesn't make sense, because I think you would agree with me that star wars pinball has little to nothing in common with star wars jedi fallen order or any other non pinball game. Ever.

And then star wars battlefront been its own serie while the rest are mashed up in 1 "star wars" series.

Idk its hard to categorize it all, but I see many inconsistencies with how they are build up.

But, truth be told, it is a lot of work getting it all done for all games by the game information team. (Especially with all those shovelware getting released daily.)

8 hours ago, HusKy said:

Can you link exact trophy that does not work? For example, this one is fine and loads correct guide:

Sure thing!. I'm using that link, but this is what happens to me:

nVOoa1n.png

Then, when I press the blue icon to load the guide...

Wgg5HHg.png

As you can see, it loads "peril on gorgon" guide, and it happens with the other trophies of that dlc too.

2 hours ago, Kefka1986 said:

As you can see, it loads "peril on gorgon" guide, and it happens with the other trophies of that dlc too.

All trophies in that particular DLC work for me and I can't find the culprit. I have added you on Discord, maybe we can figure it out together.

7 hours ago, HusKy said:

Yeah I can see that. Maybe just reduce it to 3 options. Default being Show All, with options for Exclude Region Stacks and Exclude System Stacks. That seems like it'd work best right?

For anyone checking this thread, can you guys test this trophy if PSNP+ loads correct DLC guide? I'm unable to reproduce the issue that was reported couple posts back and I wanna know if others have the same problem.

14 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

Yeah I can see that. Maybe just reduce it to 3 options. Default being Show All, with options for Exclude Region Stacks and Exclude System Stacks. That seems like it'd work best right?

Not sure, this doesn't help in case you are mixing regions. That's why I suggested simpler collapsing of stages.

• Like 1