[PSNP+ v8.3] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

On 15.09.2022 at 3:30 PM, HusKy said:

Regarding MIR card, no idea. I think you will either need a credit card or debit card that has credit card number.

Yeah, unfortunately BMAC doesn’t even recognize my Belarusian card as a valid card number, sorry :(

Apologies for the large post.  I have a usability suggestion for profile/game lists.  Am I the only one annoyed by the awkward background coloring?

• The tables are striped (alternating white/gray)
  • The green for non-platinum completion really stands out
  • The blue for platinum is really faint
  • There's no difference in color for platinum without DLC and platinum with DLC

All I really care about is 100% or not 100% and I wonder if anyone finds the faint blue for platinum useful?

My profile shows an arrangement that's currently hard to parse.

Red Dead and Alice have the darker alternative background and are hard to differentiate for me from Terraria, that's Platinum (and coincidentally also 100% but not green).

qq9DcBq.png

Making `table.zebra tr:nth-child(even)` look the same as odd improves things a little. Red Dead and Alice no longer stand out.

53r4V6o.png

But what if we just commit to 100% or not 100% coloring?  It makes it a little easier to parse for me.

m6YTTH8.png

It also solves the problem of not being able to tell the difference between Platinum without DLC and Platinum with DLC. In the suggested change on the right, Fallout: New Vegas is clearly flagged as needing completion.

5KZh7fN.png

It could be behind a setting if it might not be universally accepted.

Also, I'm still willing to help out if you need extra hands. :)

Edited by langdon
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, langdon said:

Apologies for the large post.  I have a usability suggestion for profile/game lists.  Am I the only one annoyed by the awkward background coloring?

• The tables are striped (alternating white/gray)
  • The green for non-platinum completion really stands out
  • The blue for platinum is really faint
  • There's no difference in color for platinum without DLC and platinum with DLC

All I really care about is 100% or not 100% and I wonder if anyone finds the faint blue for platinum useful?

My profile shows an arrangement that's currently hard to parse.

Red Dead and Alice have the darker alternative background and are hard to differentiate for me from Terraria, that's Platinum (and coincidentally also 100% but not green).

qq9DcBq.png

Making `table.zebra tr:nth-child(even)` look the same as odd improves things a little. Red Dead and Alice no longer stand out.

53r4V6o.png

But what if we just commit to 100% or not 100% coloring?  It makes it a little easier to parse for me.

m6YTTH8.png

It also solves the problem of not being able to tell the difference between Platinum without DLC and Platinum with DLC. In the suggested change on the right, Fallout: New Vegas is clearly flagged as needing completion.

5KZh7fN.png

It could be behind a setting if it might not be universally accepted.

Also, I'm still willing to help out if you need extra hands. :)

unfortunately that is a issue with psnp and not with psnp+. tables is the only one @HusKymight be able to help 

1 minute ago, serrated-banner9 said:

unfortunately that is a issue with psnp and not with psnp+. tables is the only one @HusKymight be able to help 

Oh, I know.  But it's easy to fix in post.

- Iterate through the rows (already occuring)

- If complete tr.addClass("complete") else tr.addClass("incomplete")

- tr.complete td { background: green !important; }

- tr.incomplete td { background: white !important; }

Just now, langdon said:

Oh, I know.  But it's easy to fix in post.

- Iterate through the rows (already occuring)

- If complete tr.addClass("complete") else tr.addClass("incomplete")

- tr.complete td { background: green !important; }

- tr.incomplete td { background: white !important; }

Is this something a Stylus sheet could solve for you?

I do agree that the table is really hard to read on low-contrast/old monitors though.

1 hour ago, Rejim said:

And how would we be using that with Stylus exactly? Can you show your stylus page with the code? Thanks

Oh, sure.

1. Install https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylus/clngdbkpkpeebahjckkjfobafhncgmne?hl=en
  2. Click it (using the puzzle piece on the top right of Chrome to find it, it has a teal, squared off "S" icon)
  3. You'll see a box pop up... if you're on psnprofiles.com at the time, it'll say "Write styles for ..." and then show the url
  4. Click on the domain so it isolates "psnprofiles.com"
  5. Paste the CSS from my post above into the "Code 1"
  6. Click Save.

And then enjoy that completion in a whole new light. 

ETA: If you prefer the subtle blue instead of the green, change "#ecf8ea" above to "#f1f5fd".

Edited by langdon
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, langdon said:

Oh, sure.

1. Install https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylus/clngdbkpkpeebahjckkjfobafhncgmne?hl=en
  2. Click it (using the puzzle piece on the top right of Chrome to find it, it has a teal, squared off "S" icon)
  3. You'll see a box pop up... if you're on psnprofiles.com at the time, it'll say "Write styles for ..." and then show the url
  4. Click on the domain so it isolates "psnprofiles.com"
  5. Paste the CSS from my post above into the "Code 1"
  6. Click Save.

And then enjoy that completion in a whole new light. 

ETA: If you prefer the subtle blue instead of the green, change "#ecf8ea" above to "#f1f5fd".

I do that but somehow it doesn't update. I copied the code where it said 'insert code here', feel like I'm missing something really stupid (have Opera though, dunno if could be that)

Would there be a way to hide games permanently from the New Trophy Lists? So just press X and it gets rid of the game and a new one drops into the list to replace it.

Getting sick of the shovel ware every damn day. At this point, there's zero need for a New Trophy List section because it's just spam.
Jumping Cheeseburger

Jumping Cheeseburger Turbo

Jumping Double Cheeseburger

Jumping Double Cheeseburger Turbo

Jumping Cheeseburger with a little bit of tomato sauce, but not too much

Jumping Cheeseburger with a little bit of tomato sauce, but not too much Turbo

Even games not titled like that, you know by clicking on the list it's going to say, 'stroke the pig 100 times', 'stroke the pig 200 times'.

Or a way to block every game from a certain company...

• Like 1

Someone might already suggest this, but just in case, is it possible to apply the same "unobtainable" orange color you use on trophies but on unstarted games from our game lists? Games already 100%/platinum/started already have its own color, it would be better if these have something instead just the regular white to be more distinctive from the obtainable ones... 

It would also be nice to filter unobtainable games only, in case we just want to check which games have the (!) icon

Not sure if this is just on my end or if others have posted about it but I noticed that some games Ive played aren't "displayed" correctly

WiTGYCt.png

Ive done both games but Football Game isnt shown like a game I have never played (when i click on it I can see my trophies as normal). This is not the only case most of the games arent bolded/highlighted but some still are

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SpaceIsDandy said:

Not sure if this is just on my end or if others have posted about it but I noticed that some games Ive played aren't "displayed" correctly

WiTGYCt.png

Ive done both games but Football Game isnt shown like a game I have never played (when i click on it I can see my trophies as normal). This is not the only case most of the games arent bolded/highlighted but some still are

Visit your profile and click "Load all games" button.

i8dV2Ae.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Any way you can allow us to change the border color around our names?

If you are fine with you being the only person that sees different border color, then refer to this solution:

2 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Or is that not in your bag of tricks?

I took this personally. :dance: