[PSNP+ v8.3] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

Actually, it's kinda done.

Someone suggested this feature for PSNP+ under the reddit post and then the author of the extension sent me a PM here. I'm taking slightly different approach as I don't want to distribute a master list but it's working pretty well.

It will be part of the next update.

Dude heck yeah, awesome :D!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

Suggestion:

Adding the position you are on the leaderboard they are next to where it says "Completed in" or "Platinumed in" on a profile. This could be an option in the "Other" tab that says like "show leaderboard position" or something.

Not sure about this. Your position changes in most of the leaderboards frequently. To display accurate info, the script would have to constantly search for your name in the leaderboards for each game on your profile.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Not sure about this. Your position changes in most of the leaderboards frequently. To display accurate info, the script would have to constantly search for your name in the leaderboards for each game on your profile.

Thats why i suggested to make it a manual button, so that it isnt constantly searching and is only searching when you tell it to 

On 11/04/2022 at 6:56 PM, HusKy said:

After 2 month break, another PSNP+ update is here: v4.7

Probably the biggest update is the ability to set default order and direction (ascending/descending) for each list. This has been requested multiple times in the past.

Praise be, PSNP+ just got another step closer to perfection. Fantastic work as always @HusKy

I also quite like the guide column suggestion from @Rebourne07. I think my preference for this would be on gaming lists only though. If its on my profile already its already been started and i will probably already know this information. My game lists are for games I've not started, this column would provide extra info about a game at a glance and might lean me one way or the other when it comes to picking what to play next. I appreciate not everybody uses their profile/game lists the same as me though. Perhaps some level of customisation here? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

Praise be, PSNP+ just got another step closer to perfection. Fantastic work as always @HusKy

I also quite like the guide column suggestion from @Rebourne07. I think my preference for this would be on gaming lists only though. If its on my profile already its already been started and i will probably already know this information. My game lists are for games I've not started, this column would provide extra info about a game at a glance and might lean me one way or the other when it comes to picking what to play next. I appreciate not everybody uses their profile/game lists the same as me though. Perhaps some level of customisation here? 

I like the idea of its visibility being customizable if possible. I'd personally want to use it on my main list, but I could see wanting it on game lists only. 

@HusKy I've mentioned this before but I would love a way to filter out trophy bait games using criteria like "has 0 bronze, 0 silver, 11 gold". Or just filter out publishers or developers. This is regarding the front page of this site, specifically the "new trophy lists" panel

There's been a lot of heated discussions about games like this appearing on this site, and I think having the option to hide them everywhere would do a great service to the community. The most common solution is to ignore them, but if you could actually filter them out, ignoring them would be so much easier.

3 hours ago, SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki said:

@HusKy I've mentioned this before but I would love a way to filter out trophy bait games using criteria like "has 0 bronze, 0 silver, 11 gold". Or just filter out publishers or developers. This is regarding the front page of this site, specifically the "new trophy lists" panel

There's been a lot of heated discussions about games like this appearing on this site, and I think having the option to hide them everywhere would do a great service to the community. The most common solution is to ignore them, but if you could actually filter them out, ignoring them would be so much easier.

Can't use number of trophies to reliably identify shovelware games, e.g.

7UG22RQ.png

vs.

9TRhmOT.png

Publisher and developer info is not immediately available on the frontpage, the script would have to check each trophy list individually or scrape publisher/dev pages.

To be honest, to do this correctly with browser script would require a lot of work and I'm not sure I want to invest any time into battling crappy games.

Personally, I just ignore them :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

Can't use number of trophies to reliably identify shovelware games, e.g.

7UG22RQ.png

vs.

9TRhmOT.png

Publisher and developer info is not immediately available on the frontpage, the script would have to check each trophy list individually or scrape publisher/dev pages.

To be honest, to do this correctly with browser script would require a lot of work and I'm not sure I want to invest any time into battling crappy games.

Personally, I just ignore them :)

Yea that’s fair. If you ever feel like you’ve done all you can for this extension and need a nee project, feel free to tackle this!

5 hours ago, HusKy said:

Alternative placement for complexity info inside profiles/lists:

45JMfUD.png

This is currently not implemented in live version.

I had to make the font a tiny bit smaller because otherwise these colourful labels completely dominate the space with description. Let me know what you think.

Personally I prefer this one. Looks tidier in my opinion. The other way looks cluttered, potentially hard to read at times and ruins the picture.

Thanks again for you great work.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HusKy said:

Alternative placement for complexity info inside profiles/lists:

45JMfUD.png

If I had to choose one, it would be this. Not a fan of it overlapping the game picture and unfortunately already toggled it off. Just a little too much going on for my taste.

Really neat and creative idea in general though, thanks for all your hard work!

Question - Is there a way to toggle off "Baby Stuff" when hovering over Common trophies? Just more of a personal preference to keep it clean. I wouldn't necessarily consider all Common trophies "Baby Stuff". 

Edited by GinjAJ

Yeah, I'm gonna do the alternative design in the next few days right now. The only reason why I did not do it initially is that I have another script which puts play time on that spot.

5OOo4it.png

@GinjAJ If you mean the rarity breakdown on the right side next to trophy lists, nope can't be toggled.

edit.

Moved guide info in v5.1. Post about update v5.0 has been updated with new screenshots to prevent confusion.

5.1 - 24/4/2022

• changed placement of guide info in profiles and lists

K5Q2uVD.png

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, HusKy said:

Yeah, I'm gonna do the alternative design in the next few days right now. The only reason why I did not do it initially is that I have another script which puts play time on that spot.

5OOo4it.png

@GinjAJ If you mean the rarity breakdown on the right side next to trophy lists, nope can't be toggled.

edit.

Moved guide info in v5.1. Post about update v5.0 has been updated with new screenshots to prevent confusion.

K5Q2uVD.png

This is cool man - note for you on Safari though - it doesn't work terribly well.

The info doesn't show at all on the main games list... at first.

It also doesn't show in the individual trophy lists... again, at first.

weirdly, if I click on a game to go to the trophy list page, it doesn't show the complexity stuff the first time, but if I refresh it, it does. Once I've done that, that game (and only that game,) shows on my main game list. If I click on another game, do the same process, the main game list shows it for just those two.

This is a cool feature, however, not sure if I want to go though every one of the games on my list, and load each page twice, just to see it... ?:dunno:

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

This is cool man - note for you on Safari though - it doesn't work terribly well.

The info doesn't show at all on the main games list... at first.

It also doesn't show in the individual trophy lists... again, at first.

weirdly, if I click on a game to go to the trophy list page, it doesn't show the complexity stuff the first time, but if I refresh it, it does. Once I've done that, that game (and only that game,) shows on my main game list. If I click on another game, do the same process, the main game list shows it for just those two.

This is a cool feature, however, not sure if I want to go though every one of the games on my list, and load each page twice, just to see it... 1f914.png:dunno:

That's exactly how it's supposed to work -- it's also explained in the v5.0 post. The script "learns" from trophy lists that you visit. There's no other way without distributing a giant list with this info or making a ton of network requests, which would turn PSNP+ into a DDoS tool.

If you don't care about this information, you can turn it off in the settings.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HusKy said:

That's exactly how it's supposed to work -- it's also explained in the v5.0 post. The script "learns" from trophy lists that you visit. There's no other way without distributing a giant list with this info or making a ton of network requests, which would turn PSNP+ into a DDoS tool.

If you don't care about this information, you can turn it off in the settings.

Ah okay ? - fair enough, I'm not in any way knowledgable about these things, so I defer to your knowledge on the matter - probably best not to destroy PSNP by accident! ?

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Ah okay 1f633.png - fair enough, I'm not in any way knowledgable about these things, so I defer to your knowledge on the matter - probably best not to destroy PSNP by accident! 1f607.png

No worries. Just to explain this a bit more -- PSNP+ is basically one giant compromise. Because PSNP+ is a script that runs in your browser, it needs to make a lot of trade offs in terms of usefulness and I also need to make sure I don't burn PSNPs servers down in the process. I usually try to find a balance between these two while also trying to keep decent UX but it's tough. It is what it is.

My advice: think about it as collectibles trophy -- you can either grind them now or find most of them while playing the game naturally. Your call. xD

1 minute ago, HusKy said:

No worries. Just to explain this a bit more -- PSNP+ is basically one giant compromise. Because PSNP+ is a script that runs in your browser, it needs to make a lot of trade offs in terms of usefulness and I also need to make sure I don't burn PSNPs servers down in the process. I usually try to find a balance between these two while also trying to keep decent UX but it's tough. It is what it is.

My advice: think about it as collectibles trophy -- you can either grind them now or find most of them while playing the game naturally. Your call. xD

Oh absolutely - I didn't mean to piss in your chips - it's a hell of a thing you've crafted, and it gets better all the time, was only pointing it out in case it was something that wasn't expected or something

• Like 1

How does it choose which trophy guide to go to? For games that have multiple trophy guides including DLC guides I feel it would be preferable to be taken to the page for that games guides rather than one specific guide. That way if I prefer one base game guide over the other I don’t have to go the long way plus it would be a quicker way to get to DLC guides. Would it also be possible to remove this information once a game is at 100% as once you’ve completed a game this information is no longer relevant or would this complicate things if a new DLC came out?

20 hours ago, HusKy said:

Opening 500+ tabs to load all this info. Aw yeah!

But is the guide icon now missing on games in the main profile page? Or am I just remembering wrong and its never been there?