[PSNP+ v8.3] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

Hi @HusKy, I have recently found this script and really like it.

I have a question for you: what is the reason you chose scripts to do this and not for example a chrome extension?
The main drawback for me on this script is that it doesn't carry over my lists to another computer.
I'm not sure scripts can / cannot handle a login of some sorts that could save these things by username instead of in the browser info.

3 hours ago, LHofman said:

I have a question for you: what is the reason you chose scripts to do this and not for example a chrome extension?
The main drawback for me on this script is that it doesn't carry over my lists to another computer.
I'm not sure scripts can / cannot handle a login of some sorts that could save these things by username instead of in the browser info.

i have an easy work around. when whenever i do a change to my lists or what not. i export the info. then email it myself. and then import it on the device I'm using.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Snerlord said:

i have an easy work around. when whenever i do a change to my lists or what not. i export the info. then email it myself. and then import it on the device I'm using.

Interesting, that's a good idea

48 minutes ago, Prometheous101 said:

Any chance we could get an option to change the order of our lists?
Its been bugging me for a while now.
@HusKy
VCecTAc.png+

As a quick solution you can just edit the names to add a prefix number, this will sort them however you want
1. BASE + DLC
2. ULTRA RARE PLATINUM GAMES

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LHofman said:

As a quick solution you can just edit the names to add a prefix number, this will sort them however you want
1. BASE + DLC
2. ULTRA RARE PLATINUM GAMES

I don't recommend this. Alphabetical is not the same as numerical order. This will break if you have 10 or more lists.

For example if I had 12 lists the order would be:

Also changing order will involve a lot of renaming.

I will reply to other posts here soon, just wanted to quickly jump in warn you about this.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

I don't recommend this. Alphabetical is not the same as numerical order. This will break if you have 10 or more lists.

For example if I had 12 lists the order would be:

Also changing order will involve a lot of renaming.

I will reply to other posts here soon, just wanted to quickly jump in warn you about this.

That is easily fixed by calling them 01, 02,... . That way they are good to 99 lists.

Doesn't fix the problem of being a pain to change the order.

• Like 1

I don't know if this has ever been suggested however I'd like to think it might be doable by PSNP+. In the past this website would allow you to see the trophy guide info for a DLC trophy when you decided to click on the trophy, now however no DLC trophies show their guide if you click on the trophy. Base game trophies show the guide information when you click on the trophy... Could PSNP+ potentially restore the option to view DLC trophy guide info about a specific trophy that has a published DLC trophy guide? It'd be good to have this feature because it'd allow you to get the info about 1 specific troublesome trophy without having to navigate to the guide page each time. It'd be a greatly appreciated addition to the script, thanks for your time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

I don't know if this has ever been suggested however I'd like to think it might be doable by PSNP+. In the past this website would allow you to see the trophy guide info for a DLC trophy when you decided to click on the trophy, now however no DLC trophies show their guide if you click on the trophy. Base game trophies show the guide information when you click on the trophy... Could PSNP+ potentially restore the option to view DLC trophy guide info about a specific trophy that has a published DLC trophy guide? It'd be good to have this feature because it'd allow you to get the info about 1 specific troublesome trophy without having to navigate to the guide page each time. It'd be a greatly appreciated addition to the script, thanks for your time. 

I’ll second this - this would be a huge user-friendly benefit if it’s possible.

I don’t like to use guides carte blanche - I like just looking up the specific trophy I want info on, without accidentally seeing a bunch of other stuff - and extending that functionality to dlc stuff would be a great help with that!

• Like 1

On 6. 6. 2022 at 0:35 PM, Prometheous101 said:

PSNPROFILES doesnt seem to include non plats in this.
Looking for games that need dlc cleanup it would be useful if it included games like : HITMAN1/2, Gems of War, Layers Of Fear,FFXV Comrades standalone,Hustle Kings ,Let It Die,Little Nightmares,Trials Fusion, Outlast 1 + 2nd lists of ESO,Minecraft, Hitman1/2 . etc...
Pretty sure PSNP wont make the change even if I ask, but @HusKy You are my last hope. ( Change it to say " Base game complete, not 100%" or something like that)

I looked into this and I'm afraid this can't be added because there's no way to tell if you finished the base game in non-plat game or not. (Just by looking at the game inside a profile.)

EDIT:  I have around 30 non plats with dlcs that I own. While it is a small% of all of my games, it isnt like they dont exist.

+ I noticed the whole platinum, not 100% , not 100%etc is missing in game lists. Was this intentional or just an oversight?

Originally, lists did not show progress so this filter wasn't added and you are the first to request it.

Edit2: Or just add an option to select plats/non plats , something like the unobtainable option.

Yeah I think this could be added.

On 6. 6. 2022 at 6:23 PM, Zauberwald1g said:

back after a long break, and directly installed the plugin again. thanks for this, makes it alot better than stock. would it be possible to hide games that are already on my list from the games list/overview? makes it a little less scrolling for potential new games to buy/add. maybe a switch in the options? if its easier to just add/replace some code on my side, would also be ok :) thanks

is it possible to hide games with unobtainables and already started/completed games from the overall games tab?

Not planning to add this. You can use filters for most of this.

On 7. 6. 2022 at 2:03 AM, SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki said:

@HusKy Would you ever add the ability to insert "write in" entries into lists, that aren't in the database yet, for upcoming games?

You can technically do that by modifying the exported file and importing it back. Other than that, no.

On 7. 6. 2022 at 8:14 PM, LHofman said:

Data of extensions does not magically sync between computers. Chrome does have API for synced storage but the limit there is a whopping 100kB which is laughable.

Also, I would have to deal with multiple extension stores and I don't want any of that.

As far as I can tell, there would be virtually no benefits just a whole lot of extra work for me.

On 10. 6. 2022 at 9:05 PM, Sergen said:

Has been suggested before, might add it.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, HusKy said:

I looked into this and I'm afraid this can't be added because there's no way to tell if you finished the base game in non-plat game or not. (Just by looking at the game inside a profile.)

Any chance I could just select non plats under the '' Other'' section where unobtainables are selected? 

4 hours ago, Prometheous101 said:

Any chance I could just select non plats under the '' Other'' section where unobtainables are selected? 

Yes, already done. Will be available in the next update.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Alright, another small update v5.6:

You can now export a single list which should make it easier to share lists between friends or perhaps can be used by certain events that have fixed lists of games.

I was just thinking about this in relation to the new look PS Plus,  full list of games available in each tier. Would there be a way to create the list and share it with others ?

2 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

I was just thinking about this in relation to the new look PS Plus,  full list of games available in each tier. Would there be a way to create the list and share it with others ?

Right now, you would have to export the file, store it somewhere (e.g. Google Drive) and provide the link in the forum. Anyone can download the file and just import it.

I'm working on something better, but it's a 3-piece puzzle and I needed to remove Hyper.app (iOS) support to continue my work.

@HusKy I’ve just installed UserScript (on my iPad) and got PSNP+ going but there’s a wee bit of gibberish in there. I also did a refresh of my lists when I saw there was new info however the refresh stopped at like 11/76 so some games have been refreshed and most haven’t. If I do another refresh in 24 hours should that fix the rest of them? Screenshot in spoiler.

Spoiler

BGaGCIF.png

1 hour ago, FilmFanatic said:

If I do another refresh in 24 hours should that fix the rest of them?

Occasionally it gets stuck or there's some issue. Try again and let me know if you have issues.

Regarding the gibberish characters, that's weird. Looks like encoding issue. If you go to profile, do you see this?

45NSzdL.png

20 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Regarding the gibberish characters, that's weird. Looks like encoding issue. If you go to profile, do you see this?

45NSzdL.png

Having a look through my profile the issue is with games that have gaming sessions available or have unobtainable trophies as only these games have that gibberish, all other games show normally. Also when I go to a games page that gibberish shows next to each of the different searches you can do. Here’s a couple of screenshots for reference.

Spoiler

lbw7x6E.png
OWfMHeR.png

36 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

Having a look through my profile the issue is with games that have gaming sessions available or have unobtainable trophies as only these games have that gibberish, all other games show normally. Also when I go to a games page that gibberish shows next to each of the different searches you can do. Here’s a couple of screenshots for reference.

Reveal hidden contents

lbw7x6E.png
OWfMHeR.png

Weird encoding error only happening in Safari from what I can tell. Thankfully this is just a visual problem.

Already have a fix ready for next release.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Weird encoding error only happening in Safari from what I can tell. Thankfully this is just a visual problem.

Already have a fix ready for next release.

Mate your an MVP.

I deal with safari being a "special" browser all day with my site builds (for work) and damn they are a pain. Take my hat off to you :P I usually just go meh cbf dealing with small user base seeing as every other browser has no issues out of the box, even IE :S

EDIT: Guess there is a bunch of iOS users though :/

Edited by RDT1
  • Like 1

Anyway we can get an option to provide a key/secret for Dropbox / one drive /sharepoint or any other cloud file system. 

So we don't have to manually export/import across devices. Or atmost press a sync button. It would be a really cool addition for people who use alot of desktop /mobile at the same time. 

Sorry if a solution or question like this was already asked. 

Edited by leandroxpto

11 minutes ago, leandroxpto said:

Anyway we can get an option to provide a key/secret for Dropbox / one drive /sharepoint or any other cloud file system. 

So we don't have to manually export/import across devices. Or atmost press a sync button. It would be a really cool addition for people who use alot of desktop /mobile at the same time. 

Sorry if a solution or question like this was already asked. 

Just email it to yourself. its really simple. that's what I do.

• Like 1