[PSNP+ v8.3] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

43 minutes ago, WiiMan89 said:

Thank you HusKy for this, it's made using this site so much better!

I just wanted to ask...I'm completely new to this and have no idea about scripts etc. Is Tampermonkey safe to use with Firefox? I'm paranoid of someone 'tampering' ? with my computer or something. Since I've seen no one else complain or even ask this, I assume it's all safe to use but I just wanted to ask if there's anything I should be aware of using this scripting stuff?

Thanks again

I've been using it for a couple of months now with no ill effects :).

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WiiMan89 said:

Thank you HusKy for this, it's made using this site so much better!

I just wanted to ask...I'm completely new to this and have no idea about scripts etc. Is Tampermonkey safe to use with Firefox? I'm paranoid of someone 'tampering' 1f606.png with my computer or something. Since I've seen no one else complain or even ask this, I assume it's all safe to use but I just wanted to ask if there's anything I should be aware of using this scripting stuff?

Thanks again

Tampermonkey is a browser extension that is safe to use and install. It doesn't do much on its own unless you install scripts.

Browser extensions can be unsafe, therefore I would recommend being careful when installing them.

Now regarding userscripts, these can be technically unsafe as well but their capabilities are fairly limited compared to browser extensions. You should only install scripts that you trust and consider safe.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Tampermonkey is a browser extension that is safe to use and install. It doesn't do much on its own unless you install scripts.

Browser extensions can be unsafe, therefore I would recommend being careful when installing them.

Now regarding userscripts, these can be technically unsafe as well but their capabilities are fairly limited compared to browser extensions. You should only install scripts that you trust and consider safe.

Thanks for your response :)

I'll only be using the PSNP+ script, nothing else. So I should be all good. Thanks again man ✌️

Hey @HusKy

I just recently noticed the "Resize PS5 icons" option, but how about the opposite?

Can you make it so the PSV/PS3/PS4 icons are as high as the PS5 ones? Obviously I don't mean for the images to stretch, but simply the containing object (is it a div? or a td?) to have a matching heigth.

• Like 1

On 18. 8. 2022 at 4:08 PM, Doom said:

Hey @HusKy

I just recently noticed the "Resize PS5 icons" option, but how about the opposite?

Can you make it so the PSV/PS3/PS4 icons are as high as the PS5 ones? Obviously I don't mean for the images to stretch, but simply the containing object (is it a div? or a td?) to have a matching heigth.

Not planning to implement this. It's already pain to implement the current resizing rules and I still haven't covered all the PSNP pages as each page requires custom rules for this.

On 26. 5. 2022 at 6:18 PM, Se7en said:

Also, some problematic unicode emoji symbols we discussed before are still there and require manually editing script. Was it not possible to fix them with Font Awesome icons, like you thought initially?

Just wanted to get back to this and add that this will not be fixed. This issue only happens on outdated operating systems (such as Windows 7 that you are using [1]) and Font Awesome icons cannot be used in places where I only use string values.

[1] Windows 7 support ended on January 14, 2020

Is it possible to implement the changes to the New games list into the Popular Games This week section and combine the total player values for each version?

For instance, Ghosts of Tsushima PS5 and PS4 versions both appear (PS5 at 1.4k and PS4 at 1k). Instead, it would just be one entry on the list at 2.4k.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

35 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Is it possible to implement the changes to the New games list into the Popular Games This week section and combine the total player values for each version?

For instance, Ghosts of Tsushima PS5 and PS4 versions both appear (PS5 at 1.4k and PS4 at 1k). Instead, it would just be one entry on the list at 2.4k.

But... it's not 2.4k, some of the players are repeating, that way there would be only games with multiple versions at the top.

16 minutes ago, WiktorM101 said:

But... it's not 2.4k, some of the players are repeating, that way there would be only games with multiple versions at the top.

Sure, but with every single game having split releases (PS4 and PS5), it makes more sense to combine them to actually see how big a game launch is. For example, Multiversus would be number one right now if you took the PS4 version into consideration.

Unless I'm underestimating it, I really doubt the people doubling up would be more than a hundred or two.

Edit: Also wouldn't the current numbers already include the stackers anyway?

Edited by sepheroithisgod

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Sure, but with every single game having split releases (PS4 and PS5), it makes more sense to combine them to actually see how big a game launch is. For example, Multiversus would be number one right now if you took the PS4 version into consideration.

Unless I'm underestimating it, I really doubt the people doubling up would be more than a hundred or two.

Edit: Also wouldn't the current numbers already include the stackers anyway?

It would count every autopopper too. 

And no, current 1k of PS4 Ghost of Tsushima players mean 1k of actual people play GoT. Added PS4/PS5 2.4k is way off. Even now when you see recent players of both have reappearing players.

BTW out of 2878 who 100%ed GoT PS5 minimum 900 played before on PS4

EDIT: It would also kill popularity of games like UNO (on top now but wouldn't be there otherwise). Any PS5 only or PS4 only games would tank.

Edited by WiktorM101

1 minute ago, WiktorM101 said:

It would couint every autopopper too. 

And no, current 1k of PS4 Ghost of Tsushima players mean 1k of actual people play GoT. Added PS4/PS5 2.4k is way off. Even now when you see recent players of both have reappearing players.

BTW out of 2878 who 100%ed GoT PS5 minimum 900 played before on PS4

Yeah, so it does include the stackers based on what you are saying. I.e someone who plays on PS4 counts as 1 player and someone who plays on PS5 (even if they just auto pop) counts as 1 player. Thus, the numbers are already like that, and combining them changes nothing.

The other stat you shared isn't surprising, but that's over the game's lifespan, not in the course of a week, so makes me think on a weekly basis, that number is quite low.

29 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Thus, the numbers are already like that, and combining them changes nothing.

It does. It puts stackable games on top by design and non-stackable ones, even if realistically more people played them are lower. That's just actively asking for less accurate statistic tool.

Look, Jumping Kebab would be at 1790 players, higher then Uno or Spider-Man (PS4+PS5) even when now it's lower then both. 

If you say that Kebab will fade in a 3 days becouse stackers gonna get it and move on, everyday there is game like that.

Popularity list would be exclusive shoverware 5-min plats.

Edit: Math

(J)umping (K)ebab EU PS5 - 530

JK EU PS4 - 523

JK NA PS5 - 369

JK NA PS4 - 368

=1790

And then there is JK TURBO at 397, 395, 364, 299, so summed up 1455 also higher then Uno (1237). So instead of 8 games below Uno we would get 2 above. Nice

Edited by WiktorM101
Math

27 minutes ago, WiktorM101 said:

It does. It puts stackable games on top by design and non-stackable ones, even if realistically more people played them are lower. That's just actively asking for less accurate statistic tool.

Look, Jumping Kebab would be at 1790 players, higher then Uno or Spider-Man (PS4+PS5) even when now it's lower then both. 

If you say that Kebab will fade in a 3 days becouse stackers gonna get it and move on, everyday there is game like that.

Popularity list would be exclusive shoverware 5-min plats.

Edit: Math

(J)umping (K)ebab EU PS5 - 530

JK EU PS4 - 523

JK NA PS5 - 369

JK NA PS4 - 368

=1790

And then there is JK TURBO at 397, 395, 364, 299, so summed up 1455 also higher then Uno (1237). So instead of 8 games below Uno we would get 2 above. Nice

Well, while I think the addition makes sense, my intention is not to promote shovelware titles, so I do see your point. It was more targeted at actual games since every time a major release comes out you always just see it taking up two spots (PS5 and PS4 versions).

So yeah, unless you can weed out shovelware titles in this section, it's probably not a good addition. Another thing shovelware ruins I suppose.

5 minutes ago, HusKy said:

If I were to implement this, the script would only aggregate top 10 from top 50 games: https://psnprofiles.com/games?order=popular

In this particular case, the Kebap example would not make it into top 10.

If you were, even only top 50 I would vote not to or to be on/off option in settings. Addition is just less accurate imo then just looking at PS4/PS5 stacks separate.

Edited by WiktorM101

2 minutes ago, mitzmitra said:

hello Husky! i just got this from a fellow trophy hunter.. so I installed tampermonkey here on chrome.. then clicking on the link to the JS don't do anything.. am I missing something? thank you!

You should see a screen that looks like this (in your case you will have "Install" button, on my screen it shows "Reinstall" because I have it installed already):

WoSplHC.png

On 8/29/2022 at 10:12 AM, HusKy said:

Another small feature added, you can now remove (hide) your own games from someone else's profile. This is basically the exact oppposite of what compare function does.

You can use this to see what the other player has played and you have not. Should help you if you are looking for inspiration in other users' profiles.

Fantastic idea, thanks for the update!

• Like 1

Just installed the script, and it's definitely something I'll keep installed. Nice job!

Is there an option that collapses stacks when viewing ''Your Profile'' like it does in ''New Trophy Lists''?

All I want is to browse my list alphabetically with collapsed stacks.

5 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Not available in profiles. You will have to live with that abomination for the rest of your life. xD

Ha Ha, no way of hiding them bad life decisions then.

If I hide games on PSN (Sony's option) I'll end up with a little ''H'' on my Profile.

Is there a way to press that ''H'' on my Profile (or other peoples) to see what games have been hidden?

That ''H'' is a stigma. ''H'' = cheater, even though your not!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dzstrpc said:

Is there a way to press that ''H'' on my Profile (or other peoples) to see what games have been hidden?

AFAIK, it's only possible to detect hidden trophies on the profile (that's what PSNP does), but it's not possible to actually tell which trophy lists have been hidden.