[PSNP+ v8.4] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

27 minutes ago, HusKy said:

PSNP+ can now attempt to load guide info for DLC trophies

Thank you for this, a much needed feature that will be extremelly helpful.

I know that it's pretty early, but I would like to report a bug already :P

In some cases, where the DLC has a guide, trying to load the info gives a "Guide for ... not Found" message.

Spoiler

j6dIRbB.png

A few examples that I could find:

I think that this is happening because of small differences in the name of the guide and on the DLC itself.

• List: Outlaws To The End Co-Op Pack
  • Guide: Red Dead Redemption - Outlaws To The End Co-Op DLC Trophy Guide
    • As you can see, the guide is missing the word "Pack".
Edited by Cruscah
  • Like 2

@HusKy I love the unobtainable feature and it's differentiated colour which allow you to quickly notice them amongst a trophy list. Do you think it would be possible to do a similar crowd-sourced thing for the online trophies? I often use TA to keep track of every online trophy in a game, but when the game is not present on Xbox (or rare cases of different trophy and achievement lists) of course it does not work. For example, they could have an red highlight to differentiate from the orange unobtainable ones. It would be awesome and really helpful for those of us looking to minimize our losses due to server issues, it could even hack a global tracker that tells you all the online trophies in your profile still not obtained.

1 hour ago, Cruscah said:

Thank you for this, a much needed feature that will be extremelly helpful.

I know that it's pretty early, but I would like to report a bug already :P

In some cases, where the DLC has a guide, trying to load the info gives a "Guide for ... not Found" message.

Reveal hidden contents

j6dIRbB.png

A few examples that I could find:

I think that this is happening because of small differences in the name of the guide and on the DLC itself.

• List: Outlaws To The End Co-Op Pack
  • Guide: Red Dead Redemption - Outlaws To The End Co-Op DLC Trophy Guide
    • As you can see, the guide is missing the word "Pack".

I figured there would be some obscure cases where the title matching would fail, thanks for reporting. I fixed the 3 different cases presented and will release new version either this or next week.

tGYAtM9.png ... izoGbDu.png ... 5y0BwkB.png

1 hour ago, EdinhoN said:

@HusKy I love the unobtainable feature and it's differentiated colour which allow you to quickly notice them amongst a trophy list. Do you think it would be possible to do a similar crowd-sourced thing for the online trophies? I often use TA to keep track of every online trophy in a game, but when the game is not present on Xbox (or rare cases of different trophy and achievement lists) of course it does not work. For example, they could have an red highlight to differentiate from the orange unobtainable ones. It would be awesome and really helpful for those of us looking to minimize our losses due to server issues, it could even hack a global tracker that tells you all the online trophies in your profile still not obtained.

Technically speaking, it is possible. But I'm not interested in maintaining such list. So if there is someone who would like to do this on their own, then yes I could add support for that.

I would have to modify the way current unobtainables work but that wouldn't be a big issue I suppose.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HusKy said:

About a month ago, I setup BMAC page and a whole bunch of people decided to support the project. Thank you!

I sure hope there's a lot more members here that have supported on BMAC privately because you've obviously put an extraordinary amount of work into this and you've only got 16 kind souls demonstrating how much they support you.

Happy 3rd Birthday to PSNP+

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I sure hope there's a lot more members here that have supported on BMAC privately because you've obviously put an extraordinary amount of work into this and you've only got 16 kind souls demonstrating how much they support you.

Happy 3rd Birthday to PSNP+

16 sure beats 0! B)

And thanks for the beers! ???

• Like 2

14 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

Doensnt TrueTrophies keep track of those as well?
Not sure how well its mantained , but I believe TT has everything TA has.

15 hours ago, HusKy said:

16 sure beats 0! B)

And thanks for the beers! ???

I suggest adding your BMAC link to PSNP+ settings page along with your name (or other links below it) so that more people can see it :) Unfortunately, not everyone using the script gonna visit its website to find out there’s an option to support you financially. Secondly, does it accept MIR cards? If it does, I’ll gladly make a contribution in a few days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Se7en said:

I suggest adding your BMAC link to PSNP+ settings page along with your name (or other links below it) so that more people can see it :) Unfortunately, not everyone using the script gonna visit its website to find out there’s an option to support you financially. Secondly, does it accept MIR cards? If it does, I’ll gladly make a contribution in a few days.

Yes, the next update will include link in PSNP+ settings.

Regarding MIR card, no idea. I think you will either need a credit card or debit card that has credit card number.

Edited by HusKy

Thank you Husky! Great additions to the already splendid script.

I was wondering if you had any news about this? I wouldn't mind maintaining a classic games master list if that's an issue.

On 10/7/2022 at 7:28 AM, HusKy said:
On 4/7/2022 at 0:31 PM, leandrorhcp said:

@HusKy, any chance of giving the classic games a proper console tag?

A few options:

1) Adding a PS1/2 on PS4/5 tag (my personal choice):

CoB9HHq.jpg

2) Replacing the original trophy tag with the proper console tag:

iry9b0k.jpg

3) Keeping both tags:

p6S0H1Z.jpg

Sorry, not planning to do this. But I'm planning something that will partially cover this case.

5 minutes ago, leandrorhcp said:

I was wondering if you had any news about this? I wouldn't mind maintaining a classic games master list if that's an issue.

You can basically do that right now with PSNP+.

1. Create a game list and add games

2. Export a single list to webserver/dropbox/google drive...

3. Share the link with others

Such list can then be imported via:

Wxbv8MF.png

And reloaded via:

CkxKO6g.png

Edited by HusKy

I have a suggestion, though I'm not sure if it is possible for you guys to do it or if it's only up to the administrator ?

I've tried to find a topic about this last night, but nothing "official" ? It's about increasing the Trophy Cabinet max number from 10 (the max for premium at least) to 15. 

The amount of favorite games/trophies we earn over the year has been increased, since PS3 until now PS5, at least for me. I have to "sacrifice" a lot of great games I really really enjoy to show-off others, for different reasons. It's a feat not a lot of people care about, but I guess I'm also not the only one carrying about it... 

Edited by TurtlePM

50 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

I have a suggestion, though I'm not sure if it is possible for you guys to do it or if it's only up to the administrator 1f615.png

I've tried to find a topic about this last night, but nothing "official" 1f615.png It's about increasing the Trophy Cabinet max number from 10 (the max for premium at least) to 15. 

The amount of favorite games/trophies we earn over the year has been increased, since PS3 until now PS5, at least for me. I have to "sacrifice" a lot of great games I really really enjoy to show-off others, for different reasons. It's a feat not a lot of people care about, but I guess I'm also not the only one carrying about it... 

Not really doable with a script, you would be the only one seeing these extra 5 trophies.

39 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

I do have a suggestion as well. Wouldn't it be nice if we'd see at a glace if a game was an exclusive; maybe through a filter option?

This would be a good fit for community managed game list if someone wants to make it happen.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

Could you implement an option that makes the floating menu non-transparent?

What would be the purpose? The menu is kinda hacky and overlays page content on smaller screens.

I might make it non-transparent for touch devices though.

45 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

To see the information without the need of a mouseover. I'm using an ultrawide screen and the distances are significant.

Actually, this gave me an idea that I can just detect width of the screen and change opacity based on that. No need for another setting.

Will be available in the next update. ?

• Like 4

On 9/14/2022 at 0:31 PM, HusKy said:
  •     guide: added checklist helper -- turns any list into an interactive checklist

This is such a great feature that I didn't even know I needed!

I also have a suggestion for something to be added: a button on the game list page that automatically scrapes and updates all games in the list. I'm able to do it with python for a different project but I'm not sure exactly how to recreate it or if it's even possible to do in javascript/with a web browser in general.

You could possibly run something similar to your latestGames function but have it run the refreshGame function in each loop. You could replace the url used in getFromUrl with the url stored in psnpp-lists>lastArchiveGameList>games[n]>url. You'd need a sleep(2000) or higher on each loop to comply with psnp's robot.txt

After clicking the button you could have a window appear that says "this will take at least (number of games in the list) * 2 seconds, are you sure you'd like to continue?" or something like that.

11 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

See I (and no telling how many thousands of others) do not do region stacking. If it's outside my region, it may as well not exist. However, on the PlayStation Series page it's shown that you do not have all games in a particular series or stage if you don't have every region stack. To me that's ridiculous. What this page desperately needs is a toggle to hide and not include games outside of your region. If we could say "Only Show My Region" or have something that scans the regions of games in the series and then gives a dropdown to only show X region...that'd be absolutely amazing. As a software engineer myself I know that with access to the code base and all assets, this would be a minor update...but do you think it's possible with the PSNP+ tool? I've been very surprised by some of the things you've been able to pull off so I hope it can be done. Thanks for reviewing my suggestion!

Side note: the full extent of the filter would be to remove games outside your native region and to also adjust the total number of games shown and the total number of trophies in the series as shown here: QAw1knx.png

What if someone else requests that all stacks are removed and a stage is "blue" as long as at least 1 game is 100%?

I think a better approach might be to simply collapse any stage that has at least 1 100% game included.

Example from the image you provided:

No Stage - Not collapsed

S1 - Not collapsed

S2 - Collapsed -- shows only DS2 PS3 and has blue badge

S3 - Not collapsed

If you decide to play DS2 PS4, it would show:

S2 - DS2 PS3, DS2 PS4 - blue badge

This would be more flexible since this would also allow to mix and match regions.

8 hours ago, KimmysGotGame said:

This is such a great feature that I didn't even know I needed!

I'm very proud of coming up with this myself. xD

8 hours ago, KimmysGotGame said:

I also have a suggestion for something to be added: a button on the game list page that automatically scrapes and updates all games in the list.

Already exists. Go to PSNP+ Settings -> Data -> Refresh Lists

The process is intentionally slow.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, HusKy said:

What if someone else requests that all stacks are removed and a stage is "blue" as long as at least 1 game is 100%?

I think a better approach might be to simply collapse any stage that has at least 1 100% game included.

Example from the image you provided:

No Stage - Not collapsed

S1 - Not collapsed

S2 - Collapsed -- shows only DS2 PS3 and has blue badge

S3 - Not collapsed

If you decide to play DS2 PS4, it would show:

S2 - DS2 PS3, DS2 PS4 - blue badge

This would be more flexible since this would also allow to mix and match regions.

So are you saying you could do this? Because this would be amazing

• Like 1