[PSNP+ v8.4] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

22 hours ago, Prometheous101 said:

Would it be possible to have toggle button for this next to the rarest trophies part so it can be easily toggled when needed?

Sorry, no plan to add this. This is a simple "nice to have" feature and I don't want to overcomplicate it.

9 hours ago, MsieurSeb said:

Hello, connected to what? PsnProfile? Thx

Logged in to PSNP. If you need help, you will need to describe your problem in more detail. The script itself works in Kiwi browser on Android devices.

• Like 1

On 22/02/2023 at 6:30 AM, HusKy said:

Right, but you would also need number of achievers for each DLC trophy and that is not available.

You could get a pretty good estimate using the info that is available on the page.

Trophy Achievers = Rarity * (Base Game Owners * DLC Owners) ^ 0.5

DLC Rarity = Rarity * (Base Game Owners / DLC Owners) ^ 0.5

Couple of small suggestions that I'm not sure have been asked, been addressed before or are even possible.

1. When it comes to looking at leaderboards or some other data set, is it possible to move by more then 4 or 5 pages at once? Perhaps be able skip 10 or 20 pages at once? I find myself looking at things and want to skip way ahead and it takes forever being able to only move 4 or so pages at a time.

2. Is it possible to flag games with online trophies before they become unobtainable? This would help prioritize games (or specific trophies) that will eventually be unobtainable against other games in hopes that we dont find out later the game has unobtainable trophies when selecting games from our backlog because we were unaware of an online requirement.

As always, thank you for everything you do!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Smiddster3 said:

Couple of small suggestions that I'm not sure have been asked, been addressed before or are even possible.

1. When it comes to looking at leaderboards or some other data set, is it possible to move by more then 4 or 5 pages at once? Perhaps be able skip 10 or 20 pages at once? I find myself looking at things and want to skip way ahead and it takes forever being able to only move 4 or so pages at a time.

Well, the URL includes current page number. So you can change this number to anything and you will jump straight to that particular page. For example, this URL contains page number 200:

https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard/all?page=200

13 hours ago, Smiddster3 said:

2. Is it possible to flag games with online trophies before they become unobtainable? This would help prioritize games (or specific trophies) that will eventually be unobtainable against other games in hopes that we dont find out later the game has unobtainable trophies when selecting games from our backlog because we were unaware of an online requirement.

As always, thank you for everything you do!

If a there's a guide tagging trophies with online label, you will see this info in your lists:

ScUrc82.png

2 hours ago, biggun3965 said:

I made a game list called backlog, but I cant figure out how to add games to it.

Go to any trophy list and then click the Add button:

1rNfJ2U.png

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HusKy said:

Well, the URL includes current page number. So you can change this number to anything and you will jump straight to that particular page. For example, this URL contains page number 200:

https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard/all?page=200

If a there's a guide tagging trophies with online label, you will see this info in your lists:

ScUrc82.png

Great idea on the URL for page number, I didnt even think of that!

I discovered something interesting when looking into your suggestion for online labels. My GTA V (PS3/PS4/PS5) on my "Profile" list doesnt show the tags, but when I add it to my "game lists" it shows the tags and matches your example above. I'm currently on the version 6.21. Any idea why that's not working? Side note: I have games with tags, but its only pulling rating/playthroughs/hours. 

Aside from that, if there is no guide to provide the tag, there would be no other way of knowing. For example NBA 2k23 - which I know has online, but no tags whatsoever (understand this might not be possible) but worth the ask. Thank you for any help you can provide!

2 hours ago, Smiddster3 said:

Any idea why that's not working?

Online and buggy tags only appear in lists for couple reasons. Any unfinished game that you still wanna play, I would recommend including it inside a list.

And for the games without guides, yep there's no way to show that tag.

1 hour ago, lbadplaay said:

Hello !!

Thank you so much for this addon.

Would it be possible to add an icon in front of the games' names that would tell you if the game is on PS plus extra, premium etc ?

This info is available inside trophy lists if you enable Platprices.com integration 

• Like 2

hi, what about adding some advanced search options? i would search for some FTP games available only in certain countries but there's no way to do it. Also various other filters would be useful: platinum, 100%, no-dlc, exclude unobtainable etc. "Refine" button it's already a great improvement but it's only the begin IMHO

More fun ideas!

I asked the guide writing team about making the guides more... performant. In summary, the Hogwart's Legacy guide, while great content, takes 26 seconds to load for me on a 64-core Ryzen 9 with 64GB of DDR4. It loads 506 resources from the web totaling 176 MB and hangs Chrome for the nearly 26 seconds that it does load.

In gathering information and thinking about solutions, I found that when I added the following CSS to Stylus, the same guide would load in 12 seconds and never hang the browser while only hiding Trophy content.

.section-holder > div > div:nth-child(2):not(.guide) {
  display: none;
}

Obviously, trophy content is important, but for new guides (like Hogwart's Legacy), I'm only clicking them to checkout the hours/playthroughs/difficulty rating, roadmap, and stages.  As well, if I'm pulling up a guide, I usually only want to look at one or two trophy descriptions at a time.

That's obviously where PSNP+ comes in, with a handy content toggler and expand/collapse all feature in case someone is looking to CTRL+F across the whole guide.  Shouldn't take much effort, and I don't imagine it's just me suffering with the performance on these guides. :)

7 hours ago, langdon said:

I asked the guide writing team about making the guides more... performant.

I like this idea, the perf inside guides is unfortunately pretty abysmal. This particular guide contains ~173MB of images. But what happens if we lazy load them?

Old:

sFpL6Ds.png

New:

jubX8O6.png

The script modifies the DOM before it's rendered for some pretty massive perf gains. I think I can reduce this even more if I improve YT embeds.

@XpanderFX I'm afraid none of this is possible with a script. The "Refine" button uses something that already exists on the website, but other criteria you mentioned are not available on PSNP. Though it would be nice to have advanced search here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HusKy said:

The script modifies the DOM before it's rendered for some pretty massive perf gains. I think I can reduce this even more if I improve YT embeds.

Now you're talkin! I didn't think a lazy load strategy could be employed with Tampermonkey.  Wonderful news.

Hogwart's has 25 embeds, but it looks like they're already trying to use some "lazyYT" approach.  I'm sure you know, but in case I can save you some time..

- https://tube.rvere.com/ (seems relatively easy to replace the div w/ this iframe)

- Also this https://github.com/paulirish/lite-youtube-embed

Funny bit of info I found after messing around further last night, if you compress the JPEGs it goes from 363 images (jpg/png) @ 162 MB -> 15.7 MB compressed.  Would be nice to have the guide team enforce that somehow.  I'm wondering if the performance hit isn't more from the embeds.

11 hours ago, langdon said:

takes 26 seconds to load for me on a 64-core Ryzen 9 with 64GB of DDR4. It loads 506 resources from the web totaling 176 MB and hangs Chrome for the nearly 26 seconds that it does load.

Took about: 1 second. Could be wrong but I’m pretty sure it’s 99.9% dependent on your internet connection. No clue why you thought having overkill specs would affect it

4 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Took about: 1 second. Could be wrong but I’m pretty sure it’s 99.9% dependent on your internet connection. No clue why you thought having overkill specs would affect it

4 hours ago, HusKy said:

Try Ctrl+F5 and watch the loading wheel spin for the next 30 seconds.

I'm on gigabit fwiw. I'm not saying it's unusable, but it can absolutely be improved. They shouldn't be sending down 160mb of images when 16mb will suffice, but we have no control over that.  YouTube Embeds are also known to be slow and that page has 25 of them that all appear to load at once (re: load, not play).

The guide does load relatively quickly in Edge where PSNP+ isn't installed, but it's still not great performance (lots of stutter, odd rendering).  In Chrome, where I also have 20 other tabs open, when I open Hogwart's and begin scrolling (best way to show that interaction is working), it will freeze up and stop scrolling for a multiple seconds despite me wheeling my mouse.

With PSNP+ disabled, it seems to only freeze for a few seconds (1-2 instead of 5-6 when it's enabled).  Maybe related to how PSNP+ is manipulating the guide?  Either way, I think we can work some magic to improve the experience.

12 hours ago, HusKy said:

I like this idea, the perf inside guides is unfortunately pretty abysmal. This particular guide contains ~173MB of images. But what happens if we lazy load them?

Old:

sFpL6Ds.png

New:

jubX8O6.png

@XpanderFX I'm afraid none of this is possible with a script. The "Refine" button uses something that already exists on the website, but other criteria you mentioned are not available on PSNP. Though it would be nice to have advanced search here.

dont u think its possible to refine search by adding "• EU", " NA", " JP", or maybe by total trophies points? let's say "search all  JP games with points <320" will show all japanese games without platinum and without dlc

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 7:04 AM, HusKy said:

This info is available inside trophy lists if you enable Platprices.com integration 

Wait, you can enable platprices.com integration? How do I do that? 

Edit: I was able to figure it out ; sweet :)

Edited by Gwendly

11 hours ago, harsly said:

Is there any way do disable this feature in guides?

• Lists and tables inside guides are interactive and work as clickable check lists

Not right now, but it's pretty wonky so I will add a toggle for that.

10 hours ago, langdon said:

Maybe related to how PSNP+ is manipulating the guide?  Either way, I think we can work some magic to improve the experience.

Well, the script is pretty massive, so it does not help. Also the storage is synchronous which is another issue I will need to resolve at some point.

6 hours ago, XpanderFX said:

dont u think its possible to refine search by adding "• EU", " NA", " JP", or maybe by total trophies points? let's say "search all  JP games with points <320" will show all japanese games without platinum and without dlc

As far as I know, not possible.

5 hours ago, Gwendly said:

Wait, you can enable platprices.com integration? How do I do that? 

Edit: I was able to figure it out ; sweet :)

Glad you figured it out. Check out the first post for exhaustive list of features.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 2

@HusKySo ,when sorting profile by normal Psnprofiles options like alphabetical , then Psnp+ sort, and then again normal Psnprofiles sort like completion it resets the Psnp+ sorting. 

I just realized this could be avoided by "removing" the normal sorting and implementing Psnp+ alphabetical sorting etc... if you understand what I mean.

It can be annoying to redo the Psnp+ each time I want to re organise with one of the original sort options.