[PSNP+ v8.3] Improved PSNP, game lists, and more...

HusKy

1 hour ago, Xillynoc said:

Curious, how does lazy loading work here? Seems like a pretty useful data-streamlining feature.

The script blocks all image downloads and replaces all YouTube embeds -- this is done early, before the image is fully downloaded. Once the image/video appears on the screen (for example when you are scrolling down), it will load the image/video. The results may vary between browsers -- from my short testing, Chrome seems to be the most efficient.

The actual process of loading media is handled by "vanilla-lazyload" library: https://github.com/verlok/vanilla-lazyload

10 hours ago, Prometheous101 said:

@HusKySo ,when sorting profile by normal Psnprofiles options like alphabetical , then Psnp+ sort, and then again normal Psnprofiles sort like completion it resets the Psnp+ sorting. 

I just realized this could be avoided by "removing" the normal sorting and implementing Psnp+ alphabetical sorting etc... if you understand what I mean.

It can be annoying to redo the Psnp+ each time I want to re organise with one of the original sort options.

I think this was mentioned before, but I really don't want to redo all sorting options. Also, the original sorting options are routable via URLs which is something I don't want to work on right now. Unfortunately, one of the quirks of this scripts.

edit. Also, I pushed a quick hotfix v6.23 for broken images in guide comments section:

6.23 - 5/3/2023

• guide: fixed images not loading in comments section

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, HusKy said:

The script blocks all image downloads and replaces all YouTube embeds -- this is done early, before the image is fully downloaded. Once the image/video appears on the screen (for example when you are scrolling down), it will load the image/video. The results may vary between browsers -- from my short testing, Chrome seems to be the most efficient.

The actual process of loading media is handled by "vanilla-lazyload" library: https://github.com/verlok/vanilla-lazyload

Ahhh, I see, makes sense to use then! Lord knows there are some guides on this site that, bless them, just set my poor laptop on fire with their image dumping...

Edited by Xillynoc

4 minutes ago, biggun3965 said:

I made a game list a few weeks ago and I went to check on it but the list has been deleted. Is this a known bug or something?

If you wiped your browser data, cache or whatever, the list will be gone. As always, I recommend making backup of PSNP+ data especially after making larger changes. This is all mentioned in the first post including how-to steps for saving a local backup.

[IMPORTANT] How to backup/restore your PSNP+ data:

PSNP+ stores all your data directly in your web browser. Only you have access to it, no one else. Your browser may however delete your data, for example when you clear your browser cache or decide to clear all your cookies. It's best to keep a backup of your PSNP+ data somewhere safe and in case your data (lists, settings, etc.) disappears, you can restore everything back.

1. Go to "PSNP+ Settings". (image)
  2. Click "Export" in the "Data" section. (image)
  3. This will prompt you to save a file. Keep it somewhere safe, e.g. Dropbox folder.
  4. When you want to restore your backup, click "Import" in the same "Data" section and choose the file you previously exported.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

I've been using Excel to do this, but an official PSNP+ update would be pretty cool: so, similar to GameLists and the Trophy Cabinet - Trophy Lists. Basically, just adding whatever trophies you *haven't yet earned* that you plan on getting in some timeframe (so, sort of the opposite of a Trophy Cabinet). More of a focused Trophy Advisor with a select few trophies

It would be good for weekend/backlog planning, creating a Cabinet wishlist, and anything else, really

Edited by APeskyAxolotl
basic info and editing
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, APeskyAxolotl said:

I've been using Excel to do this, but an official PSNP+ update would be pretty cool: so, similar to GameLists and the Trophy Cabinet - Trophy Lists. Basically, just adding whatever trophies you *haven't yet earned* that you plan on getting in some timeframe (so, sort of the opposite of a Trophy Cabinet). More of a focused Trophy Advisor with a select few trophies

It would be good for weekend/backlog planning, creating a Cabinet wishlist, and anything else, really

Right now the script does not track individual trophies. I might add this at some point but no promises for now.

• Like 1

This is probably asked before but. Especially in the period where everybody was trashing shovelware plats. But I always disliked having multiple stacks of the same game on my or any list really, thats why I also stopped doing it. Having a PS4 and PS5 list together feels especially cheap.

So I hided my old stacks to check what it looks like and even though I think it is better, the stacks dont count up to the total tally which to me is then inconsistent of the truth.

To my profile its just a few games, but I imagine to others with way more games, it would be even worse.

I wonder if it is possible to add the same method of the homepage to profiles pretty much. So that stacks are collapsed into 1 list with a +3 orso next to it.

Probably is a bit more complicated because you do work with progress in said games too. But maybe, only initiate that when the percentages are the same? (So for example with 100% it collapse and without it just stays?)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HusKy said:

Right now the script does not track individual trophies. I might add this at some point but no promises for now.

Ah I'm with you - that sounds like a truckload of extra work. No worries! My spreadsheet works fine in lieu of an official + setting

6 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

I wonder if it is possible to add the same method of the homepage to profiles pretty much. So that stacks are collapsed into 1 list with a +3 orso next to it.

I like this idea a lot. I hate looking through profiles to see a dozen of the same game one after another, and so i don't look at the rest of the profile even if they've done some incredible work trophy hunting in the past. Stacking these on a profile I think would be a really cool feature to get a better understanding of each trophy hunter

My only point of contention with this is that some games, take Elden Ring for example, necessitate an entirely clean slate in order to get the other plat so people might not like their 80 additional hours hidden with a +1 when some gamers will assume that just means an autopop. The way to combat that, I suppose, is to have the setting be turned on or off for each specific user's page where they'll want all of their stacks hidden or not. But idk haha I'm just thinking out loud. love the idea

Edited by APeskyAxolotl
paragraph 2

@HusKy

Has anyone brought up the idea of adding a feature to simulate getting a trophy or group of trophies on a specific game does to your progress.

like lets say I'm playing (insert game here)  and I'm sitting at 10 of 56 trophies (or 12%) And i want to see if i complete trophy a,b,c,d. what it does that too my Percentage to see if its worth completing these trophies. or just moving onto the next game

Edited by Snerlord
  • Like 2

@HusKy

Any idea what I am doing wrong here.
I am on iOS 16 (Apple phone using Safari). I have Userscripts installed and enabled in Safari. I then do step 3. Once I am on that windows tab showing all the script, I hit the puzzle icon and click Userscripts (yes, it is enabled). After that I get, failed to get init data. 

Just been stuck on this step for a while and figured I would reach out. I must be doing something wrong, and maybe another iPhone users could help me out.

Thank you.

*I have PSNP+ running on my computer already using tampermonkey, and that was very easy to set up.

Edited by GinjAJ
Added more info

On 8. 3. 2023 at 11:32 AM, Bumperklever said:

On 8. 3. 2023 at 5:51 PM, APeskyAxolotl said:

I like this idea a lot. I hate looking through profiles to see a dozen of the same game one after another, and so i don't look at the rest of the profile even if they've done some incredible work trophy hunting in the past. Stacking these on a profile I think would be a really cool feature to get a better understanding of each trophy hunter

It's way more complicated -- to get it right. Stacks are stacks, and I like that PSNP treats them as separate entries rather than trying to artificially merge them together. To be honest, the only profiles where this might be a "problem" are shovelware profiles and those are in most cases not really interesting to follow anyway. I might add this, not sure.

On 13. 3. 2023 at 5:54 PM, Snerlord said:

@HusKy

Has anyone brought up the idea of adding a feature to simulate getting a trophy or group of trophies on a specific game does to your progress.

like lets say I'm playing (insert game here)  and I'm sitting at 10 of 56 trophies (or 12%) And i want to see if i complete trophy a,b,c,d. what it does that too my Percentage to see if its worth completing these trophies. or just moving onto the next game

This has not been brought up, but aren't all games worth finishing? As a rule of thumb, you can quickly do approximation just by checking trophy types (gold, silver, bronze) attached to those trophies.

1 hour ago, GinjAJ said:

After that I get, failed to get init data.

Yeah, start the main Userscripts app and set the script folder. Now you can install PSNP+.

• Like 4

On 11. 11. 2022 at 3:58 AM, Varhur said:

I remember mentioning it here and seeing it fixed, but something must've happened cuz it's back - it's sorting on trophy log. For example, I did set it to sort by rarity, descending (rarity going down). I go to the next, page, it automatically sets to ascending. I put it back to descending, go another page forward, and again sorting changed to ascending. The issue seems to be with the site, cuz when I look at the address, it already switches to ascending ("&dir=asc&page=2", this part).

Has this been fixed on the website? It seems like the script is now duplicating "dir" parameter in the URL.

Also tagging @DrBloodmoney because he originally reported this problem.

Edited by HusKy

9 minutes ago, leandrorhcp said:

Still not losing hope some day the script is able to properly tag the emulated PS1/PS2/PSP games:

1jI1MAm.png

Is this a mockup or your script?

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

Is this a mockup or your script?

No, it's just a quick CSS mockup.

Each console has it own collection on the site already but I don't think a script could gather the info from there, right?

https://psnprofiles.com/series/1016-ps1-classics

https://psnprofiles.com/series/1015-ps2-classics

https://psnprofiles.com/series/1103-psp-classics

Hey @HusKy,

First off, I love this plug-in! Super helpful and has some great features. Appreciate all the work you have put into it.

1. One issue I’ve noticed when you have achieved trophies set to be hidden when a guide is opened. If you open a guide that does not perfectly match the game, and then load the trophies from a similar game on your account, it will successfully load but won’t automatically hide the trophies. I have to uncheck and recheck the hide trophies for them to be hidden. Pretty minor

2. I love @leandrorhcp’s idea about tagging PS1, PS2, and PSP games. Just wanted to add my vote there.

3. Do you have a place where you host the source for the plug-in (i.e. GitHub), and do you accept any external contributions/PRs?

• Like 1

Hello @HusKy,

I've been using your script for about a year now and I still love it! It has proven to be incredibly useful for me as I get into trophy hunting more.

A few months back I hid some trophies from my account that I didn't like. As you know, this site displays a user's different trophy milestones on the right side of their profiles. And because I hid those trophies, the milestones were adjusted accordingly and the 500th, 1000th, 1500th trophy milestones (etc.) are not accurate to what they really are on my account (really minor nitpick but it still annoys me). Would it be possible to implement a feature that allows users to toggle specific milestones on their profile (only visible to individual users, of course)?

Edited by Ssharif0402
Fixed tag

@langdon Just found this mammoth of a guide -- ~920MB but loads quickly with PSNP+... https://psnprofiles.com/guide/15974-persona-3-portable-ultimate-100-walkthrough

6 hours ago, ExpectedMore402 said:

1. One issue I’ve noticed when you have achieved trophies set to be hidden when a guide is opened. If you open a guide that does not perfectly match the game, and then load the trophies from a similar game on your account, it will successfully load but won’t automatically hide the trophies. I have to uncheck and recheck the hide trophies for them to be hidden. Pretty minor

2. I love @leandrorhcp’s idea about tagging PS1, PS2, and PSP games. Just wanted to add my vote there.

3. Do you have a place where you host the source for the plug-in (i.e. GitHub), and do you accept any external contributions/PRs?

1. Yeah, I know about this one, will add it to backlog. Thanks

3. Source code is private I'm afraid.

5 hours ago, Ssharif0402 said:

A few months back I hid some trophies from my account that I didn't like. As you know, this site displays a user's different trophy milestones on the right side of their profiles. And because I hid those trophies, the milestones were adjusted accordingly and the 500th, 1000th, 1500th trophy milestones (etc.) are not accurate to what they really are on my account (really minor nitpick but it still annoys me). Would it be possible to implement a feature that allows users to toggle specific milestones on their profile (only visible to individual users, of course)?

Not planning to add custom milestones to be honest.

• Like 1

@HusKy awesome job, thank you a lot for your work here

I have a question, do you have any plans for integrations with metacritic or opencritic scores for custom lists or in general?

Would love to get my backlog and sort it by opencritic score - easier to decide what to play next :)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sum1_worsethan_u said:

Just a quick note and thank you @HusKy for being able to import/export data.

I made a backlog list early last year...spending hours adding several hundred games to it (like ~700). I exported the list and forgot about it.

Lost my desktop pc in a flood last summer. Just got around to finally getting a laptop recently and added PSNP+. Was just starting to make another backlog list when I remembered that I emailed the previous list to myself. Found it and imported it...saving myself many hours of reduplicating sumthing that I just did last year. 

Thanks for having the foresight to allow us to import and export data.

Import/export saved my ass this week too - had to have the laptop I use re-imaged. Ten seconds of backup/restore saved me a couple of hours.

• Like 2