NHL 20 Trophy Thoughts

djb5f

I might get into this again after a two year hiatus from the NHL series.

Trophy list looks rather straight-forward and largely redundant but no need to reach Div 1 in HUT.  Reaching level 50 with your player will take some time but more options to level him up with 1’s and 3’s.  A gold trophy for playing a single HUT online game, wow.

Are winning the One’s or Three’s Eliminator tournaments challenging?  Not sure what Circuit King is either, maybe that is single player.

4 hours ago, djb5f said:

I might get into this again after a two year hiatus from the NHL series.

Trophy list looks rather straight-forward and largely redundant but no need to reach Div 1 in HUT.  Reaching level 50 with your player will take some time but more options to level him up with 1’s and 3’s.  A gold trophy for playing a single HUT online game, wow.

Are winning the One’s or Three’s Eliminator tournaments challenging?  Not sure what Circuit King is either, maybe that is single player.

I think this is NHL's version of a battle royale type mode. There are 100 people to start off with. You play 1 v 1 v 1 (or 3 v 3 I guess for Threes), and if you win that game, you advance to the next round along with all the other players that won their game. Rinse and repeat until there is only one person left standing. I guess this will be rather difficult if you are not that good.

1 hour ago, MiloFPS said:

That gold trophy for playing one ultimate team online game is unheard of in any EA sports game since the easy achievement days of the 2000s. Some of the usual tough ones but still easier than previous years. 

I honestly hate the gameplay in ultimate team, even with a decent roster my players can't pass/skate/shoot properly, so I take this with pleasure since I missed NHL 18 and NHL 19 platinums because of the ultimate team gold trophy. However I'm not sure winning a ones and a threes tournament will be so easy...

Long time NHL buyer here, first time going for platinum. The trophies seem fairly easy (currently 75% done.) I have a few questions for those who may know more about HUT trophies, first 

That's Dedication-Collect 100 Free Packs in Hockey Ultimate Team.

Is this trophy only able to be earned over a 100 day span of logging into hut or is there some way I am missing to speed it up?

Secondly  Competitor-Earn a Competitive Season Reward in Hockey Ultimate Team.

What does this even mean? I know the seasons have not started yet but how is this obtained?

On 2019-09-09 at 3:47 PM, ICavv said:

Long time NHL buyer here, first time going for platinum. The trophies seem fairly easy (currently 75% done.) I have a few questions for those who may know more about HUT trophies, first 

Is this trophy only able to be earned over a 100 day span of logging into hut or is there some way I am missing to speed it up?

What does this even mean? I know the seasons have not started yet but how is this obtained?

For the first one I believe rewards from Squad battles and Tournaments etc will count, but since no one got the trophy yet you cant really say for sure.

For the second one, every weekend there will be competitive seasons, with qualifiers during the week. Basically if you qualify for the main tournament you are eligible to some reward, even tho small. Pretty sure that's what's required. First tournament starts this Friday, you get the invite for that by preordering the game. From next week on it's the regular qualifying part.

Edited by Misshandlad

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 9:47 AM, ICavv said:

Have you tried Ones and Threes tournaments? How hard is it to win, and are Threes tournaments with 100% human players?

About the 100 Free Packs, they unlock every 8 hours (once you open one when joining HUT mode, you have to wait 8 hours until the next free pack is available). So it will take you a minimum of 33,3 days if you get a perfect timing.

About comptetitive season rewards, they are given at the end of a competitive online season in HUT. Once you know your final ranking you get a prize depending on your rank, then it should unlock your trophy.

This is what it may be, if nothing has changed this year.

20 hours ago, MarcancooL said:

Have you tried Ones and Threes tournaments? How hard is it to win, and are Threes tournaments with 100% human players?

About the 100 Free Packs, they unlock every 8 hours (once you open one when joining HUT mode, you have to wait 8 hours until the next free pack is available). So it will take you a minimum of 33,3 days if you get a perfect timing.

About comptetitive season rewards, they are given at the end of a competitive online season in HUT. Once you know your final ranking you get a prize depending on your rank, then it should unlock your trophy.

This is what it may be, if nothing has changed this year.

The daily rewards in HUT is changed to once every 24 hours instead of 8 like last year.

Also the Ones and Threes might be the platinum killers. They are both 100% vs human players. If you can get a good team in Threes that one isnt so bad, but the Ones comes down to your own player skill, also those modes arent usually very crowded with players either.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Misshandlad said:

The daily rewards in HUT is changed to once every 24 hours instead of 8 like last year.

Also the Ones and Threes might be the platinum killers. They are both 100% vs human players. If you can get a good team in Threes that one isnt so bad, but the Ones comes down to your own player skill, also those modes arent usually very crowded with players either.

Welp road to 100 login days just for a trophy thanks EA....As for ONES and THREES right now is probably the best time to try and grind those 2 trophies out while many players don't have traits and are still figuring the modes out. Evening time in your area is the best time to play as well when it is most populated. 

11 hours ago, Misshandlad said:

Thanks for the info, well 100 days is absolutely ridiculous then... About the tournaments, I have two good friends who may help me get it, but in ones, I ain't really good honestly. Would be pretty lame to miss the platinum by one trophy for the third consecutive year ? I guess we'll see how I feel on black friday sales, otherwise I'll pass for this year I think.

Too much redundance. There could have been more variety.

The One's is one i may not unlock, because despite my PSN name and my prowess in real-life hockey, i'm not as good playing push button hockey.

I'm lucky to have platted '17 and '18. If i can get someone to do the Ones for me through Shareplay, i may have a shot at a '20 plat.

How many games in a row do you have to win for The Ones?  That might be tough because there is a lot more randomness in the winner it seemed in the Beta (than other games modes).  

Just being in the right spot in the right time is important.  So seems like it would take skill and some good fortune whereas say getting to Div 1 in HUT was more skill based (and building yourself a good team). 

On 9/14/2019 at 9:11 AM, TheGoaler said:

Too much redundance. There could have been more variety.

The One's is one i may not unlock, because despite my PSN name and my prowess in real-life hockey, i'm not as good playing push button hockey.

I'm lucky to have platted '17 and '18. If i can get someone to do the Ones for me through Shareplay, i may have a shot at a '20 plat.

6 minutes ago, FilooGaroo said:

Now is the best time to have the ones trophies - iam bad- and got it today - lot of new players trying the mode - let’s go guys and gl

I think you make a good point but I just bought NBA 2K20 so won’t be getting this to later.

How many wins do you need and how many losses (if any) can you take along the way.

3 hours ago, MarcancooL said:

How hard is "Iconic" to get? Is it a big grind like the master sets? These are the reason why I missed the NHL 18 platinum -_- 

You only need 1 icon collectible.

which in turn can be gotten in packs or by trading in 50 gold players.

Then trade that collectible for an 85 icon for the trophy to pop. There are more expensive icons but this is the fastest way in terms of trophy.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/11/2019 at 4:24 AM, Misshandlad said:

For the second one, every weekend there will be competitive seasons, with qualifiers during the week. Basically if you qualify for the main tournament you are eligible to some reward, even tho small. Pretty sure that's what's required. First tournament starts this Friday, you get the invite for that by preordering the game. From next week on it's the regular qualifying part.

How do you qualify? Are you referring to the HUT Rivals 5 game mini-season on the left side of the screen? Or something else?

How many wins do you need to qualify?  

5 hours ago, djb5f said:

How do you qualify? Are you referring to the HUT Rivals 5 game mini-season on the left side of the screen? Or something else?

How many wins do you need to qualify?  

Not sure if Rivals count for this, but HUT champ season does count since that's the way I got it, before Rivals even was released.
You qualify by being high enough rank in the HUT champ qualifiers that runs during the week, or collect 2000 HUT champ points by playing Rivals.

Once in the HUT champ tournament that runs Fri-Sun every week you need to be top 10k for any sort of reward, but that shouldnt be too hard.

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up for anyone wanting to go for this plat... it will take a minimum of 95 days and 20 hours due to the free card packs refreshing every 23 hours. So it's going to be a boring couple months just loading up for the card packs every time. The rest should only take a couple weeks to finish off, it's not overly difficult.