Uncharted 3 Co op trophies still obtainable in offline co op mode (split screen)

I used this metode years ago to farm brutes (We Can Kill It) it was the only reliable way i found back then because people never wanted to boost this and playing with randoms was impossible there were always a pro that killed the brutes in seconds and the medal in only granted to the one that shoot the last and not to the one that do the most damage. The same way for Key Master (gate keeper) i repeated the same level so many times in split screen and i don't even remember the name of the level, is the one you start tied.

Another one i did self boosting was Air Mail and the ones related to killing shadows

Of course i am not confirming anything because i did this when the servers were running but using this metode of split screen or self boosting

This is awesome. Thanks for the info. Now I can clean up my soft spot medals (sucks to start over as I was at almost 60) gatekeepers (again, suck to lose the 40 or so I did,) and brutes. 

Will have to bug my nephew to help me. 

Also detonator. 

Edited by Joker-Kun890
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Chingon_Player said:

I used this metode years ago to farm brutes (We Can Kill It) it was the only reliable way i found back then because people never wanted to boost this and playing with randoms was impossible there were always a pro that killed the brutes in seconds and the medal in only granted to the one that shoot the last and not to the one that do the most damage. The same way for Key Master (gate keeper) i repeated the same level so many times in split screen and i don't even remember the name of the level, is the one you start tied.

Another one i did self boosting was Air Mail and the ones related to killing shadows

Of course i am not confirming anything because i did this when the servers were running but using this metode of split screen or self boosting

Right, so you managed to boost We Can Kill It in offline split screen then? Just want to be sure.

I'll check it off the list when you reply and let other people know on Discord.

Yes I hear you about boosting them in online matches, that's probably part of the reason why I didn't get We Can Kill It, Key Master, Pop Top etc. before shutdown. Some other player would get the kill instead of me lol.

4 hours ago, Joker-Kun890 said:

This is awesome. Thanks for the info. Now I can clean up my soft spot medals (sucks to start over as I was at almost 60) gatekeepers (again, suck to lose the 40 or so I did,) and brutes. 

Will have to bug my nephew to help me. 

Also detonator. 

Don't mention it. Thank wouties as well, if he had not tried I wouldn't of been aware either. I think because it's offline some people just assume the co op trophies are not obtainable.

Same, I was close to achieving Pop Top, Key Master and We Can Kill It. Especially We Can Kill It I was only like 5 off lol.

Thought I'd also mention that the competitive modes are playable offline still as well. However the good news ends there.

You can use the split screen feature in the competitive modes like deathmatch, so it's just 1v1.

But we have confirmed that competitive trophies are unachievable in a custom game using split screen. Once you exit your progress is lost as well.

As for the 'Find a Party' option in LAN, I cannot test this myself since you need multiple PS3s and multiple copies of U3 which I don't have, but I'm assuming that a LAN party will be the same as a custom game and competitive trophies will still be unachievable.

I did We Can Kill It self-boosting in split screen if i remenbre right (this was in 2015), i did it in the Village Map in Coop Arena, the method i used is as follows.

1. Hide your alt in the house near the center (or a place you can protect very well) this is to avoid wasting lives

2. Kill the enemies until the brute appears (i don't remember the exact wave), but don't kill all the enemies leave at least 1 enemy alive (1 brute + 1 enemy) this is to avoid the wave to end

3. Kill the brute and then kill your alt and yourself, this way the wave restarts (because there is still 1 enemy alive) and another brute appears

4. Repeat until you lose all your lives

It was not easy BTW until you learn the pattern of the enemies and stay close to your alt to avoid the chokers.

To farm Key Master i used a similar method but in Cooperative Adventure using the map Monastery. In the beginnig there are 3 mini bosses i killed the 3 of them but procuring to leave another normal enemy alive, then kill yourself and repeat until you have no more lives.

Competitive trophies should not work in LAN mode because the entirety of LAN mode is supposedly considered a "custom game", since trophies can pop in custom games when playing co-op, the same happens during the LAN mode. However, one thing you could do is try to reach Naughty Dog so they patch the game and allows for competitive trophies to be unlocked in the LAN mode, it is indeed a long shot since these games haven't been updated in years, and ND isn't exactly known for caring about their MPs, but it's the only option you'd have if you want to obtain those competitive trophies.

I have the 100% but my sister doesn't, so we'll just use the splitscreen mode in LAN to get what she is missing (and can obtain). I logged into the LAN mode after the servers were shut off and some modes were not available, for example, I couldn't select Co-op Shade (it wasn't in the list), is this a bug on my end or are some modes unplayable in LAN mode? 

• Like 1

On 07/09/2019 at 11:05 AM, Ren said:

Competitive trophies should not work in LAN mode because the entirety of LAN mode is supposedly considered a "custom game", since trophies can pop in custom games when playing co-op, the same happens during the LAN mode. However, one thing you could do is try to reach Naughty Dog so they patch the game and allows for competitive trophies to be unlocked in the LAN mode, it is indeed a long shot since these games haven't been updated in years, and ND isn't exactly known for caring about their MPs, but it's the only option you'd have if you want to obtain those competitive trophies.

I have the 100% but my sister doesn't, so we'll just use the splitscreen mode in LAN to get what she is missing (and can obtain). I logged into the LAN mode after the servers were shut off and some modes were not available, for example, I couldn't select Co-op Shade (it wasn't in the list), is this a bug on my end or are some modes unplayable in LAN mode? 

Yes someone has tested it and we've confirmed competitive trophies (deathmatch, plunder etc.) in LAN are unachievable. It's only the co op trophies which are still achievable. Luckily I obtained all competitive trophies before shutdown. Just talking on behalf of people who didn't get the competitive stuff and we thought it was worth trying if LAN worked.

The only trophies I didn't get were several co op trophies and the two treasure trophies. 

You should be able to access all co op modes in offline, since I've tried it myself and someone has achieved Not Afraid of the Dark. Don't use the Free To Play version since I don't think that works. Use a physical GOTY Edition or the PS Now version which is also GOTY Edition. Co op trophies are indeed achievable in the PS Now version, that's how I confirmed Air Mail. However a pretty bad negative is that when you exit PS Now and reload the game it loses any progress you made so if you use that, do it in one session before you exit PS Now.

On 07/09/2019 at 10:57 AM, blazkowicz6 said:

I did something similar when going to next legacy to level up. I was too weak to play with randoms normally so I just played co op arena on easy with SS to level up. Also that was great way to get to level 3 in regeneration and team safe boosters fast. :eyebrow:

Yeah I'm going to have to level up and rebuy all the boosters and kickbacks to make it easier for me to boost We Can Kill It etc.

On 07/09/2019 at 10:08 AM, Chingon_Player said:

I did We Can Kill It self-boosting in split screen if i remenbre right (this was in 2015), i did it in the Village Map in Coop Arena, the method i used is as follows.

1. Hide your alt in the house near the center (or a place you can protect very well) this is to avoid wasting lives

2. Kill the enemies until the brute appears (i don't remember the exact wave), but don't kill all the enemies leave at least 1 enemy alive (1 brute + 1 enemy) this is to avoid the wave to end

3. Kill the brute and then kill your alt and yourself, this way the wave restarts (because there is still 1 enemy alive) and another brute appears

4. Repeat until you lose all your lives

It was not easy BTW until you learn the pattern of the enemies and stay close to your alt to avoid the chokers.

To farm Key Master i used a similar method but in Cooperative Adventure using the map Monastery. In the beginnig there are 3 mini bosses i killed the 3 of them but procuring to leave another normal enemy alive, then kill yourself and repeat until you have no more lives.

Fantastic method for boosting We Can Kill It. Sounds much easier than replaying Co op Adventure Syria all the time.

Edited by shaunsheep677

I haven't tried this as I did it when the servers were still up but I can share some insight if everything In co op still works.

Brutes:

Try Syria on Easy in splitscreen. The first 2-3 sections shouldnt pose much of a threat if you have a Cluster bomb or Army of three for the Gatekeepers.

After killing the 2nd Gatekeeper, the Brute spawns in. Where the 2nd Gatekeeper spawned is a PAK-80. Use the PAK to take everyone down as they approach and the Brute as it comes closer. Dying after killing the Brute resets the section and with the amount of lives on Easy, you can do about 10-11 kills. Repeat 2 more times and you should get it. 

Detonator:

This is actually pretty hard to do solo, it is ideal to have someone with you as you gotta play really cautious. 

For the Detonator medals, one Cluster Bomb destroys one vehicle. Using a grenade beforehand on the other vehicle and the RPG from the enemy on the left should net both medals in under a minute. Rinse and repeat this method. You can technically get this on one go but it involves not messing up too much.

In the Soft spot:

Play Monastery on Crushing and get the first 2 kills and then try and go for as many after until you die. Rinse and repeat. 

An easier method which was suggested by @DPatriot is to play Airport on Easy and kill the first two Armoured guys then die. Rinse and repeat until you are out of lives. 

Air Mail:

If you are in LAN, you can have the Hunter on Hunter Arena throw you a grenade for a throwback. If the Hunter is in Splitscreen, it counts as 2. 

Another method which was made by @DPatriot is to play Fort on Easy and remain in cover until they throw grenades. This is a longer method but it gets the job done.

Gatekeepers:

Play Monastery on Easy and kill the 2 bosses in the first section. Be sure to avoid killing everyone as you will get a checkpoint and will have to restart the whole thing.

There is a Wes-44 next to where one spawns. Pick it up and shoot the Cluster Bomb guy in the head and you only have the other one to worry about.

Shades:

The best map I've seen is Plaza as there is a Mag5 and a Hammer directly above you on both sides. The Mag5 can be used to kill everyone in 1 hit with a HS or 2 if a boss. The Hammer is best used on weaker enemies or when surrounded. It will take 3-4 shots to kill a boss/armoured guy. 

Siege is best done with someone in LAN as the enemies are mostly armoured.

Stealth?:

Not sure If still possible but the Stealth Kills can pop in Hunter Arena if the Hunter does stealth kills on the Hunted. 

Hang in There:

This can be done solo if someone does the glitch.

Unyielding/Triumvirate/Overseer:

Need at least 2 people in LAN to attempt. Coordination is key here but the only annoying one is Overseer with the RNG on the armoured guys which can appear in Wave 2 or Wave 3. There are also lucky shots from the AI where they hit the Statue on first hit.

Headshots:

Hunter Arena and Shades are best place for this as HS save a lot of time and kill very quick.

Mad Bomber:

Doing Detonator, using Cluster Bomb to grind Gatekeepers or while throwing back grenades should all net you at least 1 or 2 medals.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666
  • Like 3

On 09/09/2019 at 5:04 AM, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

I haven't tried this as I did it when the servers were still up but I can share some insight if everything In co op still works.

Brutes:

Try Syria on Easy in splitscreen. The first 2-3 sections shouldnt pose much of a threat if you have a Cluster bomb or Army of three for the Gatekeepers.

After killing the 2nd Gatekeeper, the Brute spawns in. Where the 2nd Gatekeeper spawned is a PAK-80. Use the PAK to take everyone down as they approach and the Brute as it comes closer. Dying after killing the Brute resets the section and with the amount of lives on Easy, you can do about 10-11 kills. Repeat 2 more times and you should get it. 

Detonator:

This is actually pretty hard to do solo, it is ideal to have someone with you as you gotta play really cautious. 

For the Detonator medals, one Cluster Bomb destroys one vehicle. Using a grenade beforehand on the other vehicle and the RPG from the enemy on the left should net both medals in under a minute. Rinse and repeat this method. You can technically get this on one go but it involves not messing up too much.

In the Soft spot:

Play Monastery on Crushing and get the first 2 kills and then try and go for as many after until you die. Rinse and repeat. 

An easier method which was suggested by @DPatriot is to play Airport on Easy and kill the first two Armoured guys then die. Rinse and repeat until you are out of lives. 

Air Mail:

If you are in LAN, you can have the Hunter on Hunter Arena throw you a grenade for a throwback. If the Hunter is in Splitscreen, it counts as 2. 

Another method which was made by @DPatriot is to play Fort on Easy and remain in cover until they throw grenades. This is a longer method but it gets the job done.

Gatekeepers:

Play Monastery on Easy and kill the 2 bosses in the first section. Be sure to avoid killing everyone as you will get a checkpoint and will have to restart the whole thing.

There is a Wes-44 next to where one spawns. Pick it up and shoot the Cluster Bomb guy in the head and you only have the other one to worry about.

Shades:

The best map I've seen is Plaza as there is a Mag5 and a Hammer directly above you on both sides. The Mag5 can be used to kill everyone in 1 hit with a HS or 2 if a boss. The Hammer is best used on weaker enemies or when surrounded. It will take 3-4 shots to kill a boss/armoured guy. 

Siege is best done with someone in LAN as the enemies are mostly armoured.

Stealth?:

Not sure If still possible but the Stealth Kills can pop in Hunter Arena if the Hunter does stealth kills on the Hunted. 

Hang in There:

This can be done solo if someone does the glitch.

Unyielding/Triumvirate/Overseer:

Need at least 2 people in LAN to attempt. Coordination is key here but the only annoying one is Overseer with the RNG on the armoured guys which can appear in Wave 2 or Wave 3. There are also lucky shots from the AI where they hit the Statue on first hit.

Headshots:

Hunter Arena and Shades are best place for this as HS save a lot of time and kill very quick.

Mad Bomber:

Doing Detonator, using Cluster Bomb to grind Gatekeepers or while throwing back grenades should all net you at least 1 or 2 medals.

Thanks for the info, might help some people if they are attempting to do these offline. I will say that if you're doing stuff solo some will be extremely hard (almost nigh impossible) as the second player is important. 

I didn't manage to get Look Out Below or Triumvirate before the servers were shut down and I don't have anyone else to play with so those are off limits for me since I'm not that great at U3 anyway. 

@wouties did manage to get Statuesque solo though.

34 minutes ago, Clavietka said:

Are Triumvirate and Overseer still possible?

Do we have confirmation on how many MP trophies are still achievable?

I have the platinum at 51% game completion (not having played MP beyond the 2 trophies required for the platinum). How much can I improve my %?

I think the whole thread, and especially first post is about this issue... Some trophies are still being under "testing" and the first post is updated accordingly by discoveries of those Heroes :].

Since "Statuesque" is possible and confirmed, "Overseer" is most probably possible as well, not confirmed yet unfortunately. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, B1rvine said:

The "treasure" trophies aren't obtainable anymore, but everything else should theoretically be possible. 

Are we sure about this? I read on pst.org that the treasures might be saved in the LAN, but they are obviously not shown to the player. I haven't actually seen someone test this to figure it out though.

31 minutes ago, blazkowicz6 said:

I don't know who would test that.   1f602.png

We had more than enough time during the summer to get trophies and to open a new account just to see if treasure trophies pop... :dunno:

Testing something like this would be hard if the person didn't keep track of their treasures however I did read on pst.org that one guy had only one treasure left (Monastery treasure) but he said he wouldn't spend all that time for a trophy that may not even pop.

Ahh,now that would be interesting to test.

Probably missing skull bead,last monastery treasure and most annoying adventure treasure. ?

If I only missed that one,I would call a friend to help in splitscreen,shame to let it go. 

Edited by blazkowicz6

Stupid question... The reader of my PS3 doesn't work so I want to try to get some of the co-op trophies that could still be done with the servers down, if I buy this digital version...

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-BCUS98233_00-UNCHARTED3GOTYDL

I get the MP portion that still could be done on split screen or I need to buy something else? (Season Pass or something?)

Thanks!