Uncharted 3 Co op trophies still obtainable in offline co op mode (split screen)

From what I discussed on Discord with others, treasures are NOT obtainable in LAN because it's treated like a Custom online game, and you couldn't get treasures in this way. It needed to be a public game for treasures to show.

So the only online trophies which are still obtainable are the kill specific trophies such as Air Mail and the co op trophies. However Triumvirate, Overseer and Invincible will be extremely challenging to get with just 2 players (it was difficult with 3). 

I'd suggest levelling up your character so you get access to the better upgrades and perks to give you a better chance. I found it difficult to do If It Bleeds...but as I levelled up and bought some of the upgrades it made things easier.

Also as someone mentioned, you can only do co op split screen using a physical GOTY Edition.

1 hour ago, shaunsheep677 said:

From what I discussed on Discord with others, treasures are NOT obtainable in LAN because it's treated like a Custom online game, and you couldn't get treasures in this way. It needed to be a public game for treasures to show.

So the only online trophies which are still obtainable are the kill specific trophies such as Air Mail and the co op trophies. However Triumvirate, Overseer and Invincible will be extremely challenging to get with just 2 players (it was difficult with 3). 

I'd suggest levelling up your character so you get access to the better upgrades and perks to give you a better chance. I found it difficult to do If It Bleeds...but as I levelled up and bought some of the upgrades it made things easier.

Also as someone mentioned, you can only do co op split screen using a physical GOTY Edition.

Most treasures should not be obtainable on LAN mode, but what about the co-op ones? This is what I was referring to, in the live game you could obtain co-op treasures in co-op custom games just fine, even if you set it to be a private match with just you and friends, they would still be saved.

PvP treasures (like you said) cannot be acquired from custom games so those are out of the question, but let's say there is a person in the world who was only missing a few co-op treasures? If that was the case, I have a feeling they would be able to get the treasure trophies. Of course, this is something very hard to test since the LAN mode doesn't show the treasure list so the person would need to have kept track of the information before the server closure.

...which is exactly the case that was mentioned on pst.org, here is a link to the thread: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/uncharted-3-drake-s-deception/338981-some-trophies-still-obtainable.html

One user in that thread mentioned that they only needed the Monastery treasures to get one of the treasure trophies. So if someone else is in a similar situation and is willing to test it out, we could know for sure.

I woud feel deeply disappointed and embarassed having ignored all DLC trophies for Uncharted 3 during the server final months because of the infamous treasure farming, only to find out that the treasures - and the related trophy - are still obtainable.

I've done the math and I've concluded that someone with just the base game trophies (Platinum), would have a % increase of 51% to 72%, considering all trophies listed on this thread are really obtainable, and excluding the treasure related trophies.

The trophies that require you to perform difficulty actions on crushing might be impossible for me:

- Omnipotent
- Invincible
- Overseer
- Unstoppable
- Triumvirate
- Fly on the wall

On 27/10/2019 at 2:48 AM, Ren said:

Most treasures should not be obtainable on LAN mode, but what about the co-op ones? This is what I was referring to, in the live game you could obtain co-op treasures in co-op custom games just fine, even if you set it to be a private match with just you and friends, they would still be saved.

PvP treasures (like you said) cannot be acquired from custom games so those are out of the question, but let's say there is a person in the world who was only missing a few co-op treasures? If that was the case, I have a feeling they would be able to get the treasure trophies. Of course, this is something very hard to test since the LAN mode doesn't show the treasure list so the person would need to have kept track of the information before the server closure.

...which is exactly the case that was mentioned on pst.org, here is a link to the thread: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/uncharted-3-drake-s-deception/338981-some-trophies-still-obtainable.html

One user in that thread mentioned that they only needed the Monastery treasures to get one of the treasure trophies. So if someone else is in a similar situation and is willing to test it out, we could know for sure.

I had the same doubt last week, IF the "Collector" trophy needs to get 16 sets of treasure, and all of them can be gotten on co-op modes (According with the ps3t.org guide), then I think that this trophy can still be gotten... Yeah, you need to keep a list manually of all the treasures, but still can be done.

I don't think that the guy that needs just the monastery treasures could get the trophy co-op offline because like the medals I suppose that all the treasures from the co-op offline are not the same that you got online when the servers were up, so he had to get them all again. The only problem is that the treasures get saved when the game is turned off because getting all of them in one sitting will be nearly impossible.

In some time I will give it a try, I will keep a checklits of every treasure that I got, the first step is to see if it saves the treasures, since the sets are a compound of 2-4 treasures then if I get a treasure from a set and it says 2/4, 3/4, 2/3 or something like that (and I didnt get a treasure of the same set in the same session) so that means that the treasure was saved and I will farm all of them to see if the trophy pops!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I had the same doubt last week, IF the "Collector" trophy needs to get 16 sets of treasure, and all of them can be gotten on co-op modes (According with the ps3t.org guide), then I think that this trophy can still be gotten... Yeah, you need to keep a list manually of all the treasures, but still can be done.

I don't think that the guy that needs just the monastery treasures could get the trophy co-op offline because like the medals I suppose that all the treasures from the co-op offline are not the same that you got online when the servers were up, so he had to get them all again. The only problem is that the treasures get saved when the game is turned off because getting all of them in one sitting will be nearly impossible.

In some time I will give it a try, I will keep a checklits of every treasure that I got, the first step is to see if it saves the treasures, since the sets are a compound of 2-4 treasures then if I get a treasure from a set and it says 2/4, 3/4, 2/3 or something like that (and I didnt get a treasure of the same set in the same session) so that means that the treasure was saved and I will farm all of them to see if the trophy pops!

Ah, that's true... progress from the online server is not carried to the LAN side of the game. :/

You do make a great point about the Collector trophy, the psnp trophy guide also states that all treasures for this trophy can only be acquired via the co-op Adventure, Arena or Hunter modes. This would be huge for anyone who has the other treasure trophy, because that one (Hoarder) is 100% impossible at this point.

2 hours ago, Ren said:

Ah, that's true... progress from the online server is not carried to the LAN side of the game. :/

You do make a great point about the Collector trophy, the psnp trophy guide also states that all treasures for this trophy can only be acquired via the co-op Adventure, Arena or Hunter modes. This would be huge for anyone who has the other treasure trophy, because that one (Hoarder) is 100% impossible at this point.

Another thing that I dont know is if the stats of playing co-op offline are the same that playing LAN with 2 consoles? Or they are separated too ?

8 hours ago, blazkowicz6 said:

Yes,good question. 

I don't know anything about LAN,is it possible to get 3 people playing,with splitscreen on second conole? If yes,then trophies listed by Clavietka would be possible. 1f603.png

My guess is that this is possible, and if you have 3 consoles, you (theoretically) wouldn't even need to use splitscreen. Keep in mind that those trophies (no damage to the statue in Monastery, etc.) are still possible with just 2 players on splitscreen, it would be harder of course, but still very much possible (unlike the Hoarder trophy which is definitely impossible to unlock by this point).

12 hours ago, blazkowicz6 said:

Yes,good question. 

I don't know anything about LAN,is it possible to get 3 people playing,with splitscreen on second conole? If yes,then trophies listed by Clavietka would be possible. ?

If the game supports LAN, you could just setup XLink Kai to connect multiple consoles to each other. Works for PS4. 

• Like 1

On 27/10/2019 at 7:48 AM, Ren said:

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, treasures can be obtained (and are saved once the game finishes) in any of the offline co op modes and will unlock their respective rewards (skins etc). However there is no in-game tracking for the treasures you find in offline like there was in the multiplayer co op. So if you're interested in keeping track of whatever treasures you find in offline you will need to manually record them.

I'm just referring to split screen co op here though. I haven't tried/tested LAN personally.

I would guess in LAN offline co op, it would be the same as split screen, treasures will be found and saved. But it's just a guess, since I don't have the means to test it.

Also the online portion of U3 is completely separate to the offline mode, which is kind of obvious since when I started my offline profile I was level 1 again and had none of the upgrades or perks I spent a lot of time grinding for online. This reasoning extends to the treasures as well. If for some reason you got all the PvP treasures but you were missing some co op treasures and didn't manage to get them before the shutdown, trying to get the remaining co op treasures you need in offline won't get you the trophy. Your online U3 profile is (rather was) completely separate which is now lost in cyberspace somewhere, or just doesn't exist anymore.

So yes, you could go and find all the co op treasures if you wanted to, but you'll never get the treasure trophies either way. The treasure trophies are completely unobtainable now.

Edited by shaunsheep677
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, shaunsheep677 said:

So yes, you could go and find all the co op treasures if you wanted to, but you'll never get the treasure trophies either way. The treasure trophies are completely unobtainable now.

I understand your point with the trophy that needs PvP treasures, but why the "Collector" tropy is unobtainable if it only needs co-op treasures? Not PvP treasures... Well, I will give it a try someday.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I don't follow, everyone says "Now only you can get trophies on co-op offline or LAN" and now you says that LAN doesn't work? 1f914.png

I am sorry. I may have misinterpreted something. The current open gaming session for U3 (which uses a  third party program to simulate LAN) advises trophy hunters to use split screen for co-op trophies. Maybe they were only reinforcing that session as "just for fun".

I would DEEPLY appreciate if someone could help me with online co-op trophies, if they are still possible thru simulated LAN. I just bought a brand new GOTY edition.

1 minute ago, Clavietka said:

I am sorry. I may have misinterpreted something. The current open gaming session for U3 (which uses a  third party program to simulate LAN) advises trophy hunters to use split screen for co-op trophies. Maybe they were only reinforcing that session as "just for fun".

I would DEEPLY appreciate if someone could help me with online co-op trophies, if they are still possible thru simulated LAN. I just bought a brand new GOTY edition.

That is another part that I dont understand very well, suposedly you can't get the PvP trophies (Winning TDM, Plunder and similar matches) and PvP treasures on LAN, that's fine, but then using that program that simulates LAN to get at least the trophy of Overseer, Triumvirate or Unstoppable is possible?

19 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I understand your point with the trophy that needs PvP treasures, but why the "Collector" tropy is unobtainable if it only needs co-op treasures? Not PvP treasures... Well, I will give it a try someday.

Now you sort of have a point here. It's actually funny but I didn't know the Collector trophy only needed treasures from the co op modes and not the PvP modes lmao.

I completely disregarded and ignored the treasure trophies while boosting it before the shutdown because, quite frankly, they were fucking ridiculous. Trying to get Unstoppable, Invincible, Omnipotent, Overseer and Triumvirate (Triumvirate I didn't end up getting) were bad enough, so I just didn't see why I should put EVEN more time and effort into something which is based on RNG, and still possibly not end up getting either before the closure.

Looking at the playstationtrophies.org trophy guide they seem to have labelled all the unobtainable trophies and the obtainable trophies through co op correctly. The Collector trophy is listed as unobtainable which I believed. 

Yes treasures can be obtained in co op since I remember collecting some while self boosting We can kill it in Co op Objective.

According to the guide to get the corresponding treasures you need to play Airport, Syria, London Underground, Monestary, Bornea on Easy or Normal and the rest in Co op arena or Hunter Arena. I'm guessing some or all of these modes no longer drop treasures? I don't know since I was never interested in getting them. But someone must of tested this or they wouldn't be listing it as unobtainable.

I don't really have any interest in confirming this myself as I've moved on from U3 after resigning to the fact Triumvirate is not possible for me to do solo. Plus it would take ages to find and record them since they are not tracked.

They also say in the guide for each co op trophy which is obtainable in split screen, it is also obtainable in LAN (in the link go to the bottom of the page where the DLC trophies are and each co op trophy says "only obtainable in split screen or LAN" so there is your confirmation). This guide must of been recently updated as I don't remember that being there before.

Link - https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/uncharted-3-drakes-deception/guide/

So yeah if you have multiple PS3s (and friends) LAN should make stuff like Triumvirate easier. Unfortunately I don't have multiple PS3s to do this, don't even have any 'physical' friends either lol. 

As for the XKai Link thing I have no idea about that as I haven't tested it myself.

Edited by shaunsheep677
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, shaunsheep677 said:

Now you sort of have a point here. It's actually funny but I didn't know the Collector trophy only needed treasures from the co op modes and not the PvP modes lmao.

I completely disregarded and ignored the treasure trophies while boosting it before the shutdown because, quite frankly, they were fucking ridiculous. Trying to get Unstoppable, Invincible, Omnipotent, Overseer and Triumvirate (Triumvirate I didn't end up getting) were bad enough, so I just didn't see why I should put EVEN more time and effort into something which is based on RNG, and still possibly not end up getting either before the closure.

Looking at the playstationtrophies.org trophy guide they seem to have labelled all the unobtainable trophies and the obtainable trophies through co op correctly. The Collector trophy is listed as unobtainable which I believed. 

Yes treasures can be obtained in co op since I remember collecting some while self boosting We can kill it in Co op Objective.

According to the guide to get the corresponding treasures you need to play Airport, Syria, London Underground, Monestary, Bornea on Easy or Normal and the rest in Co op arena or Hunter Arena. I'm guessing some or all of these modes no longer drop treasures? I don't know since I was never interested in getting them. But someone must of tested this or they wouldn't be listing it as unobtainable.

I don't really have any interest in confirming this myself as I've moved on from U3 after resigning to the fact Triumvirate is not possible for me to do solo. Plus it would take ages to find and record them since they are not tracked.

They also say in the guide for each co op trophy which is obtainable in split screen, it is also obtainable in LAN (in the link go to the bottom of the page where the DLC trophies are and each co op trophy says "only obtainable in split screen or LAN" so there is your confirmation). This guide must of been recently updated as I don't remember that being there before.

Link - https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/uncharted-3-drakes-deception/guide/

So yeah if you have multiple PS3s (and friends) LAN should make stuff like Triumvirate easier. Unfortunately I don't have multiple PS3s to do this, don't even have any 'physical' friends either lol. 

As for the XKai Link thing I have no idea about that as I haven't tested it myself.

Thanks for your answer!

I know that using the co-op offline or LAN (and in some cases exploit in-game glitches) to get trophies cant get you flagged, but trying to use things like XKaiLink (external software) to play LAN online with other players and get now unotainable trophies can? @MMDE @B1rvine @grimydawg

Edited by DeepEyes7

5 hours ago, Clavietka said:

I've already downloaded XKaiLink. I've got to level 10 and I've got two treasures so far. If anyone is interested in getting co-op crushing trophies, feel free to add me. Let's boost together,

So this XKaiLink programme lets you play with other players across the world in other countries in LAN, or is it just limited to having multiple PS3s next to each other?

Edited by shaunsheep677

18 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I know that using the co-op offline or LAN (and in some cases exploit in-game glitches) to get trophies cant get you flagged, but trying to use things like XKaiLink (external software) to play LAN online with other players and get now unotainable trophies can?

1 hour ago, shaunsheep677 said:

So this XKaiLink programme lets you play with other players across the world in other countries in LAN, or is it just limited to having multiple PS3s next to each other?

XLink Kai is perfectly fine to use. It essentially is a funneling software that makes LAN mode extend to others on the internet using the same program. As a general answer, for all games, if you can get the trophies by using a LAN mode with multiple Playstation systems in your own household, then using XLink Kai won't get you flagged. 

Since there's a lot of conflicting information on if LAN mode works, and general uncertainty regarding Hoarder and Collector, you'll almost be guaranteed to provide technical details (and possibly video) if you're the first person to achieve these trophies and reported.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 3