Uncharted 3 Co op trophies still obtainable in offline co op mode (split screen)

2 hours ago, shaunsheep677 said:

So this XKaiLink programme lets you play with other players across the world in other countries in LAN, or is it just limited to having multiple PS3s next to each other?

In theory you can play with other players around the world as if you have them in your house on a local LAN network. But have never used it.

1 hour ago, B1rvine said:

XLink Kai is perfectly fine to use. It essentially is a funneling software that makes LAN mode extend to others on the internet using the same program. As a general answer, for all games, if you can get the trophies by using a LAN mode with multiple Playstation systems in your own household, then using XLink Kai won't get you flagged. 

Since there's a lot of conflicting information on if LAN mode works, and general uncertainty regarding Hoarder and Collector, you'll almost be guaranteed to provide technical details (and possibly video) if you're the first person to achieve these trophies and reported.

Thanks, I hope than I can get at least a pic if I could get any trophy when Im tryng this haha

The playstatiotrophies website lists 10 additional trophies as still obtainable through LAN/split screen, compared to the ones on this topic. Of those, 7 confuse me profoundly:

team player silver Win 50 matches of Team Objective
from all angles silver Get 25 Triple Threat Medals
eyes on the prize bronze Earn 3000 Objective Points
you're out bronze Get 50 Strike Three Medals
treasure collector silver Win 50 matches of Plunder
Captial Punishment bronze 25 Executioner medal - Kill the VIP in Multi-Marked Man.
Hold the Line bronze 50 None shall Pass medal - Kill 2 enemies whilst inside the captured territory on King of The Hill objective in Team Objective matches.

How do I even get into these game types? All I see is coop adventure, arena and shade survival.

10 hours ago, B1rvine said:

XLink Kai is perfectly fine to use. It essentially is a funneling software that makes LAN mode extend to others on the internet using the same program. As a general answer, for all games, if you can get the trophies by using a LAN mode with multiple Playstation systems in your own household, then using XLink Kai won't get you flagged. 

Since there's a lot of conflicting information on if LAN mode works, and general uncertainty regarding Hoarder and Collector, you'll almost be guaranteed to provide technical details (and possibly video) if you're the first person to achieve these trophies and reported.

Hoarder and Collector are definitely unobtainable, at least I think they are as they are both listed as unobtainable on the playstationtrophies.org website whereas the co op trophies are listed as obtainable in split screen or LAN.

I would be interested in doing All Together Now, Triumvirate and Look Out Below because those were the ones I missed out on which I wanted (excluding treasures) but can't do solo in split screen.

Edited by shaunsheep677

okay, it's under MULTIPLAYER section. But I still can't see know how these "game type wins" trophies are achievable.

Doing this thru a third party program WON'T get u flagged. There's even people playing online games for which the online servers have been shut down, by the means of outside tools.

Ok. According to what I've read here so far, there shouldn't be a reason for not being able to get the "Hoarder" and "Collector" trophies but only if you already have all the treasures from co-op arena/hunter arena before the servers' shutdown, and have only the co-op adventure ones left.

Someone in this situation should give it a go, perhaps?

2 hours ago, Clavietka said:

The playstatiotrophies website lists 10 additional trophies as still obtainable through LAN/split screen, compared to the ones on this topic. Of those, 7 confuse me profoundly:

team player silver Win 50 matches of Team Objective
from all angles silver Get 25 Triple Threat Medals
eyes on the prize bronze Earn 3000 Objective Points
you're out bronze Get 50 Strike Three Medals
treasure collector silver Win 50 matches of Plunder
Captial Punishment bronze 25 Executioner medal - Kill the VIP in Multi-Marked Man.
Hold the Line bronze 50 None shall Pass medal - Kill 2 enemies whilst inside the captured territory on King of The Hill objective in Team Objective matches.

How do I even get into these game types? All I see is coop adventure, arena and shade survival.

Yes you're right they are listed as still obtainable. I better add them to the list and leave them blank for future confirmation.

You also list Collector, however this is clearly listed as unobtainable on the playstationtrophies.org website. I also think it's unobtainable, and I 'think' it must be the Adventure co op modes. I remember plenty of treasures dropping for me in Co op Arena so that works (not sure about Hunter Arena but I'm guessing they do drop), but while I was playing Adventure in split screen I can't recall any enemies dropping treasures. But maybe its my bad memory, it's been awhile since I last played it as I've moved onto other things like RDR2.

Someone needs to play and test the Adventure modes to see if enemies drop treasures, or maybe someone already knows. 

20 minutes ago, Ghanupher said:

Ok. According to what I've read here so far, there shouldn't be a reason for not being able to get the "Hoarder" and "Collector" trophies but only if you already have all the treasures from co-op arena/hunter arena before the servers' shutdown, and have only the co-op adventure ones left.

Someone in this situation should give it a go, perhaps?

No, this won't work as I explained to previous users Ren and DeepEyes7. 

"The online portion of U3 is completely separate to the offline mode, which is kind of obvious since when I started my offline profile I was level 1 again and had none of the upgrades or perks I spent a lot of time grinding for online. This reasoning extends to the treasures as well. If for some reason you got all the PvP treasures but you were missing some co op treasures and didn't manage to get them before the shutdown, trying to get the remaining co op treasures you need in offline won't get you the trophy. Your online U3 profile is (rather was) completely separate which is now lost in cyberspace somewhere, or just doesn't exist anymore". 

So this completely rules out Hoarder. It is 100% unobtainable.

The debate is whether Collector is still obtainable. Treasures dropped and saved for me in Co op Arena. However from memory I cannot recollect any treasures dropping in Adventure co op. Someone will need to check since its been awhile since I played it. If they do drop then Collector is possibly obtainable still.

Furthermore, if it is found to be obtainable still the same will apply as with Hoarder, if you got most treasures for Collector before the shutdown but didn't get one or two treasures, just getting those two won't get the trophy. You will need to completely recollect ALL of them again because your offline profile is separate.

If they don't drop in Adventure co op then Collector is also 100% unobtainable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shaunsheep677 said:

No, this won't work as I explained to previous users Ren and DeepEyes7. 

"The online portion of U3 is completely separate to the offline mode, which is kind of obvious since when I started my offline profile I was level 1 again and had none of the upgrades or perks I spent a lot of time grinding for online. This reasoning extends to the treasures as well. If for some reason you got all the PvP treasures but you were missing some co op treasures and didn't manage to get them before the shutdown, trying to get the remaining co op treasures you need in offline won't get you the trophy. Your online U3 profile is (rather was) completely separate which is now lost in cyberspace somewhere, or just doesn't exist anymore". 

So this completely rules out Hoarder. It is 100% unobtainable.

The debate is whether Collector is still obtainable. Treasures dropped and saved for me in Co op Arena. However from memory I cannot recollect any treasures dropping in Adventure co op. Someone will need to check since its been awhile since I played it. If they do drop then Collector is possibly obtainable still.

Furthermore, if it is found to be obtainable still the same will apply as with Hoarder, if you got most treasures for Collector before the shutdown but didn't get one or two treasures, just getting those two won't get the trophy. You will need to completely recollect ALL of them again because your offline profile is separate.

If they don't drop in Adventure co op then Collector is also 100% unobtainable.

Then, if your online profile/progress is separate from your offline one, neither of those trophies is obtainable anymore, since someone stated that hunter arena drops doesn't count offline (or they don't drop at all), and for both trophies the same prerequisites apply: get some treasure sets from Co-op Adventure, and some others from Co-op Arena AND Co-op Hunters Arena.

Ok, guys, I had a boosting session yesterday using XLINKAI to be able to play in LAN, and here are my findings:

(please consider that I WASN'T the host - if this matters at all)

I attempted to get the following trophies:

* eyes on the prize bronze Earn 3000 Objective Points
* Captial Punishment bronze

25 Executioner medal - Kill the VIP in Multi-Marked Man.

None of the above trophies popped. I also must have gotten 50+ expansionist medals - and no trophy for that too.

I am inclined to believe that NO trophies can be achieved through LAN, AT ALL, and that playstation profiles must be wrong about the 10 extra trophies listed there (in addition to the ones in this topic's op). These are:

wild wild west *
head Crusher *
it's good to be king *
from all angles **
team player
you're out
treasure collector
eyes on the prize
Captial Punishment
Hold the Line

* these trophies seem to pop during splitscreen co-op, maybe these are achievable. I'll git'em a go.

** I tried gettling tripple threat medals to pop up during splitscreen co-op (arena), but they haven't popped. Do they only work against real people and not bots?

On a side note, I got one treasure for the Collector trophy and 3 for the hoarder, I am keeping notes. If treasures I grab in the future show 2/3 or 3/3 for that particular set, I don't see why the trophy(ies?) wouldn't be achievable

The worst part is that your profiles of LAN and Co-Op Offline aren't the same, so going for the treasures at least for Collector is a HUGE leap of faith!

But at least I got Buddy System via LAN, but Thrillseeker didnt unlocked, I tried as Host and Guest

.:Edit:.

Got like 80 medals of Head Hunter on Co-Op Hunter LAN and "Head Crusher" didn't pop.... sigh

Edited by DeepEyes7
  • Like 1

from my calculations, someone stating the game now can achieve 72% or 73% (if the collector trophy works, as I think it will);

someone who already has the platinum (51%) wil get either 73% or 74% maximum (again considering that Collector is obtainable)

There are 23/24 trophies still obtainable, of which 6/7 are silver and 17 are bronze. I'll post the list bellow. Anything else would require LAN, and that has proven to be unfruitful for trophy hunting.

- Air Mail --> YES   ( @shaunsheep677 )
- Statuesque --> YES  ( @wouties )
- Look out below
- Key Master --> YES ( @Chingon_Player )
- Hanging on
- Detonator --> YES ( @wouties )
- We can kill it --> YES ( @Chingon_Player )
- Pop Top --> YES ( @shaunsheep677 )
- Boom! Headshot --> YES ( @Clavietka)
- Looking for loot --> YES ( @Clavietka)
- Not afraid of the dark --> YES ( @Brandon )
- Spartan
- Firefighter
- Deathless
- Immortal
- I'm on a roll
- All together now
- Omnipotent
- Invincible
- Overseer
- Unstoppable
- Triumvirate
- Fly on the wall

Good news, this glitch still works!

So Immortal, Invincible, Omnipotent and Deathless could be done using LAN (And probably xLink), I just got Omnipotent and Deathless, so I suppose the other two should unlock the same.

So, what is the point, we knew this trophies could be gotten on co-op offline, but doing that Solo or with a couch partner would be pretty hard, with this glitch you can do it solo (At least co-op adventure, I can't with co-op arena until now, hate Gold Rush solo...)

Edited by DeepEyes7
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Clavietka said:

Ok, guys, I had a boosting session yesterday using XLINKAI to be able to play in LAN, and here are my findings:

(please consider that I WASN'T the host - if this matters at all)

I attempted to get the following trophies:

* eyes on the prize bronze Earn 3000 Objective Points
* Captial Punishment bronze

25 Executioner medal - Kill the VIP in Multi-Marked Man.

None of the above trophies popped. I also must have gotten 50+ expansionist medals - and no trophy for that too.

I am inclined to believe that NO trophies can be achieved through LAN, AT ALL, and that playstation profiles must be wrong about the 10 extra trophies listed there (in addition to the ones in this topic's op). These are:

wild wild west *
head Crusher *
it's good to be king *
from all angles **
team player
you're out
treasure collector
eyes on the prize
Captial Punishment
Hold the Line

* these trophies seem to pop during splitscreen co-op, maybe these are achievable. I'll git'em a go.

** I tried gettling tripple threat medals to pop up during splitscreen co-op (arena), but they haven't popped. Do they only work against real people and not bots?

On a side note, I got one treasure for the Collector trophy and 3 for the hoarder, I am keeping notes. If treasures I grab in the future show 2/3 or 3/3 for that particular set, I don't see why the trophy(ies?) wouldn't be achievable

Sounds to me like the playstationtrophies.org trophy guide is inaccurate. For starters on each co op trophy they it can be done in offline or LAN. Based on your finding of those couple (which were not listed as being unobtainable on the guide, and they clearly are according to you) maybe co op trophies are also unobtainable in LAN. Unfortunately I can't test LAN, so it will have to be you or someone else.

11 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

The worst part is that your profiles of LAN and Co-Op Offline aren't the same, so going for the treasures at least for Collector is a HUGE leap of faith!

But at least I got Buddy System via LAN, but Thrillseeker didnt unlocked, I tried as Host and Guest

.:Edit:.

Got like 80 medals of Head Hunter on Co-Op Hunter LAN and "Head Crusher" didn't pop.... sigh

Yeah makes sense that your LAN profile won't be the same as your offline profile since online wasn't the same either. As for Collector I personally wouldn't put in the effort. Someone still needs to test if they drop in offline Adventure though.

7 hours ago, Clavietka said:

from my calculations, someone stating the game now can achieve 72% or 73% (if the collector trophy works, as I think it will);

someone who already has the platinum (51%) wil get either 73% or 74% maximum (again considering that Collector is obtainable)

There are 23/24 trophies still obtainable, of which 6/7 are silver and 17 are bronze. I'll post the list bellow. Anything else would require LAN, and that has proven to be unfruitful for trophy hunting.

- Air Mail --> YES   ( @shaunsheep677 )
- Statuesque --> YES  ( @wouties )
- Look out below
- Key Master --> YES ( @Chingon_Player )
- Hanging on
- Detonator --> YES ( @wouties )
- We can kill it --> YES ( @Chingon_Player )
- Pop Top --> YES ( @shaunsheep677 )
- Boom! Headshot --> YES ( @Clavietka)
- Looking for loot --> YES ( @Clavietka)
- Not afraid of the dark --> YES ( @Brandon )
- Spartan
- Firefighter
- Deathless
- Immortal
- I'm on a roll
- All together now
- Omnipotent
- Invincible
- Overseer
- Unstoppable
- Triumvirate
- Fly on the wall

Weird that Looking For Loot is listed as unobtainable on playstationtrophies. Since I already obtained it when the servers were still up I had no need to check, so just took it at face value and believed the guide. I don't have an account on there, maybe someone should tell them about the inaccuracies.

There are no other trophies which can be achieved in offline to add to the list though right (other than Collector which needs testing)? It was just Looking For Loot? I'll add it to the main list now.

Edited by shaunsheep677
Correction

1 minute ago, Clavietka said:

I am having trouble getting "return to sender" medals (which means, I haven't gotten ANY). Can someone please help me?

I did this solo, I used a method someone used in a YouTube video. Took awhile but it definitely gets you there in the end. I'll try and find the video. Will be a pain to find though as I don't think I saved it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Clavietka said:

I am having trouble getting "return to sender" medals (which means, I haven't gotten ANY). Can someone please help me?

Ha! Found it. Use this map and put it on Easy difficulty. Position your alt. next to the black box. Enemies will climb up on either side of the other buildings and will throw grenades at you every now and then. If you get a lot of damage just take cover.

It's all about timing and direction here, you will miss some no doubt. But I got there in the end, I actually got pretty good at it. I hope this helps anyway.

Offline split screen Air Mail (Return To Sender) trophy method:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clavietka said:

DAYUM! that is excellent!

Is there a reliable method to farm "in the soft spot"? And which adventure chapter is best to farm bosses and brutes?

Thank you very much, kind sir.

In The Soft Spot and We Can Kill It are a nightmare. Literally. Just because it's such a grind, and because you are doing it on your own. Towards the end of the shutdown I was like 5-6 off We Can Kill It and I had around another 50 to do for In The Soft Spot. So you can imagine my pain when I found out I had to start all over again.

I did actually respond to you on Discord about levelling up (I'm Deimos).

I know people frequently used the Adventure Syria map to farm We Can Kill It. But I found it extremely difficult because I would frequently die at the hand of the hunters. I eventually gave up trying to do both trophies on that mode. I only used Adventure Syria for Key Master as I knew one would always show up at a certain point which was before the Brute fight. 

I found myself always going back to the Village map to farm because like I said it I found it easy to navigate and mostly because of the building towards the centre of the map. It offers a lot of protection for you and your alt. buddy and it's difficult for enemies to reach you up there. Hunters, heavies and brutes will climb up there but it's very easy to deal with them. If a Hunter gets up there you need to watch and listen 'carefully' where he climbs up because he will catch you off guard if you're not careful. I would position my alt. buddy near the white wall to 'try and convince' the Hunter to go for my buddy instead of my main, so I could shoot his helmet off and melee him easily. If he grabs your main, you've got to act really quickly and switch controllers and a lot of the time this results in death if you aren't quick off the mark.

If a Siege starts in the arena (and the 'green' Siege zone isn't on the building) you can hole up on the building with your buddy and just wait for heavies and brutes to spawn and killing them will count towards the trophy (despite the fact you aren't in the Siege zone and the kills won't count for the Siege points). I don't think they spawn indefinitely though, because after a certain amount of time I remember Brutes would stop spawning and I would have to complete the Siege. You get like an extra couple brutes to spawn by not completing Siege as I described. Same happens with the heavies for In The Spot, they will carry on spawning. If it's a Survival mode in the last few waves you won't be able to this of course. I found this method useful though because I got more heavy and brute kills per match.

On Easy difficulty heavies and brutes won't show up until some of the last waves. You get them to show up earlier on Normal, but I'd advise not to try that until you get some of the better perks and weapon upgrades. I did try Normal and was getting better at it as I levelled up. I'm not sure because I finished boosting, but with the best perks and fully upgraded weapons you might be able to give Hard difficulty a shot solo. I would suspect Crushing would be too much. You definitely need a partner for that. I'm sure two fully upgraded players who are really good at the game could potentially get Invincible still, even without the 3rd player. 

Edited by shaunsheep677
  • Like 1

Just got Air Mail. I'll focus on the shade survival medals... But maybe thse should be done with a friend. The descriptions for the kill medals say "as a team". So both player 1 and 2 can do the killing? Because 3x kills for a medal, and 150 medals is an awful lot.

3 hours ago, Clavietka said:

DAYUM! that is excellent!

Is there a reliable method to farm "in the soft spot"? And which adventure chapter is best to farm bosses and brutes?

Thank you very much, kind sir.

Play Airport on Easy. There will be 2 armoured guys at the beginning. Kill em both then die. Rinse and repeat until you are out of lives. 

Boring method but its easy :)

• Like 1