Uncharted 3 Co op trophies still obtainable in offline co op mode (split screen)

8 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

So Immortal, Invincible, Omnipotent and Deathless could be done using LAN (And probably xLink), I just got Omnipotent and Deathless, so I suppose the other two should unlock the same.

So, what is the point, we knew this trophies could be gotten on co-op offline, but doing that Solo or with a couch partner would be pretty hard, with this glitch you can do it solo (At least co-op adventure, I can't with co-op arena until now, hate Gold Rush solo...)

So the glitch works,nice. ?

There is a nice number of trophies still possible it seems.

1 hour ago, Clavietka said:

I have confirmed that treasures do drop on splitscreen adventure mode and the game is keeping account of which treasures I've got, even after I turn of the console. I had treasure sets show as 2/3 after I grabbed a treasure fresh.

So they drop in Co op Arena split screen and they drop in Adventure split screen. Don't know about Hunter Arena but it doesn't really matter because the applicable treasures show up in Hunter Arena OR Co op Arena according to the trophy guide. There aren't any specific to only Hunter Arena.

I'm beginning to think Collector might still be achievable, but I'm still wary.

If someone gets it let me know so I can add it to the list.

For the treasures of coop arena they are totally random or there is some of them that only drop in the last waves? And it is possible to finish all the adventure coop solo (pushing the cart and killing at the same time on London? Haven't tried but it comes to mind)? Because for some treasures I think that you need to finish the adventure (last boss drop)

I have only tried doing Borneo solo, it's not hard but it's boring as hell, you have to kill more enemies, keep looking for damn hunters, protect your afk partner (If you re-spawn he usually spawn on the middle of EVERYTHING)...

2 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

For the treasures of coop arena they are totally random or there is some of them that only drop in the last waves? And it is possible to finish all the adventure coop solo (pushing the cart and killing at the same time on London? Haven't tried but it comes to mind)? Because for some treasures I think that you need to finish the adventure (last boss drop)

I have only tried doing Borneo solo, it's not hard but it's boring as hell, you have to kill more enemies, keep looking for damn hunters, protect your afk partner (If you re-spawn he usually spawn on the middle of EVERYTHING)...

Yeah, so obviously I wouldn't be able to do this easily as I couldn't get past certain stages doing it solo on Adventure co op, never mind reaching the final stage/boss. For each Adventure it says you can get the treasures on Easy or Normal difficulty in the guide. So to stand the best chance if you are doing it solo is to play on Easy, and level up to get access to the better perks and weapon upgrades as they do make a difference since they made it easier for me while playing co op Arena.

Also I've never seen this, but I've only just noticed this quote in the guide (on playstationtrophies.org)    

Quote by Nenugalimas for some tips on getting these treasures:

For the Collector trophy, the rare trophies can be easily acquired whilst playing the Hunter Arena and can be easily boosted with 2 players playing Splitscreen, it's important to kill villains as heroes as the treasures dropped are MUCH rarer.

This makes it sound like Collector is obtainable because he says "2 players playing splitscreen". :hmm: So I am starting to believe it is.

But what makes it confusing is the trophy is listed as "unobtainable due to server closure". :dunno:

1 hour ago, shaunsheep677 said:

This makes it sound like Collector is obtainable because he says "2 players playing splitscreen". :hmm: So I am starting to believe it is.

But what makes it confusing is the trophy is listed as "unobtainable due to server closure". :dunno:

The playstationtrophies website is wrong in both ways (unobtainable trophies listed as obtainable and vice-versa).

I'll continue farming treasures, but I'll need the help of my son or a friend to endure the adventure levels.

Is anyone familiar with how drops work for those scenarios?

I mean, do I have to get to end boss of each chapter in order for the rarest ones to have a chance at dropping? I got a treasure from a mid level boss in borneo on my first try, but no treasure from the end boss.

Usually yes,end boss drops treasure. Except in syria.

In Borneo,only Draza drops one of 3 treasures. In Airport you fight 3 bosses at the end and each one drops one treasure. So if you get 2 drops and loose all lives you will have to repeat the chapter again to get third one. Also suicide if treasure doesn't drop to start again from checkpoint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0lgs4PTBHw

Treasures on easy/normal will be different,this was done for hard/crushing ones but tactics is the same.

Edited by blazkowicz6

4 hours ago, blazkowicz6 said:

Usually yes,end boss drops treasure. Except in syria.

In Borneo,only Draza drops one of 3 treasures. In Airport you fight 3 bosses at the end and each one drops one treasure. So if you get 2 drops and loose all lives you will have to repeat the chapter again to get third one. Also suicide if treasure doesn't drop to start again from checkpoint.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0lgs4PTBHw

Treasures on easy/normal will be different,this was done for hard/crushing ones but tactics is the same.

Thank you so.

On easy I'll have even more lives to attempt that. Does anyone have a resourceful guide for the location of all treasures (including enemies who drop them)? 

The bellow list only shows the map:

https://uncharted.fandom.com/wiki/Treasure_sets

Updated list:

- Air Mail --> YES   ( @shaunsheep677 )
- Statuesque --> YES  ( @wouties )
- Look out below
- Key Master --> YES ( @Chingon_Player )
- Hanging on
- Detonator --> YES ( @wouties )
- We can kill it --> YES ( @Chingon_Player )
- Pop Top --> YES ( @shaunsheep677 )
- Boom! Headshot --> YES ( @Clavietka)
- Looking for loot --> YES ( @Clavietka)
- Not afraid of the dark --> YES ( @Brandon )
- Spartan
- Firefighter
- Deathless --> YES ( @DeepEyes7)
- Immortal --> YES ( @DeepEyes7)
- I'm on a roll
- All together now
- Omnipotent --> YES ( @DeepEyes7)
- Invincible --> YES ( @DeepEyes7)
- Overseer
- Unstoppable
- Triumvirate

- Fly on the wall

- Collector *

*potentially obtainable

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Clavietka said:

Updated list:

- Look out below
- Hanging on
- Spartan
- Firefighter
- I'm on a roll
- All together now
- Overseer
- Unstoppable
- Triumvirate

- Fly on the wall

- Collector *

*potentially obtainable

I'll update the main one on the first page. These new ones were obtained in offline split screen right? Not LAN.

Edited by shaunsheep677

9 hours ago, shaunsheep677 said:

I'll update the main one on the first page. These new ones were obtained in offline split screen right? Not LAN.

Deathless/Immortal/Omnipotent/Invincible were obtained using LAN (We tried both methods, with 2 PS3's local and with 2 PS3's using xLinkKai, both methods worked), but should be doable in splitscreen offline too

.:Edit:. Got "Not afraid of the dark" in co-op offline, already reported on the list.

Edited by DeepEyes7

On 11/5/2019 at 7:46 AM, Clavietka said:

Updated list:

- Look out below
- Hanging on
- Spartan
- Firefighter
- I'm on a roll
- All together now
- Overseer
- Unstoppable
- Triumvirate

- Fly on the wall

- Collector *

*potentially obtainable

I'm disappointed no one got Fly on the Wall yet. That is a really easy trophy.

For Shades, Siege is ideally done either in LAN or xlink Kai. As for the other 2 rounds, you can just kill yourself every round when you've earned the 2nd to last medal. These can be done solo with an idle 2nd controller. 

As far as the glitch for not dying in co op, I'm surprised that actually works. Can someone explain that to me, if you are technically in offline mode?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

I'm disappointed no one got Fly on the Wall yet. That is a really easy trophy.

For Shades, Siege is ideally done either in LAN or xlink Kai. As for the other 2 rounds, you can just kill yourself every round when you've earned the 2nd to last medal. These can be done solo with an idle 2nd controller. 

As far as the glitch for not dying in co op, I'm surprised that actually works. Can someone explain that to me, if you are technically in offline mode?

The glitch only works on LAN because you need to disconnect the host, so I did it with LAN local and LAN via XLinkKai anf in both ways it worked

I got one for Fly on the Wall but started farming Shade Survivalist that is longer, easier and give me levels, farming it solo with a second controller

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

The glitch only works on LAN because you need to disconnect the host, so I did it with LAN local and LAN via XLinkKai anf in both ways it worked

I got one for Fly on the Wall but started farming Shade Survivalist that is longer, easier and give me levels, farming it solo with a second controller

I'm glad someone is finally going for it :)

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666
  • Like 1

Painful question about the treasures... When a treasure drop it always is a new one or it could be repeated? I was sure that I had an Ivory Incan 1/2 and got another one Ivory Incan 1/2, so it means that the first one didn't saved or that I got a repeated one? (I know that Ivory Incan isn't from the Antiquity Set but for the sake of the Example)

35 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Painful question about the treasures... When a treasure drop it always is a new one or it could be repeated? I was sure that I had an Ivory Incan 1/2 and got another one Ivory Incan 1/2, so it means that the first one didn't saved or that I got a repeated one? (I know that Ivory Incan isn't from the Antiquity Set but for the sake of the Example)

They can be repeated. That's the reason these treasure trophies even had a reputation. If they were duplicate protected they'd have been very easy to get.

Trust me, it got maddening grinding for 10 hours to just get 50+ treasures you already had. 

• Like 2

On 04/11/2019 at 0:04 AM, Vergil said:

Play Airport on Easy. There will be 2 armoured guys at the beginning. Kill em both then die. Rinse and repeat until you are out of lives. 

Boring method but its easy :)

Yeah best method for this, can also be used for getting some gold boosters this way. If starting from scratch you can do it in about 3 hours or so.

9 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

They can be repeated. That's the reason these treasure trophies even had a reputation. If they were duplicate protected they'd have been very easy to get.

Trust me, it got maddening grinding for 10 hours to just get 50+ treasures you already had. 

That is what I feared =(

2 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Yep you can get duplicates. So you could be looking for hours what you want and it won't drop. This is because it's RNG based. The drops are completely random. For this reason alone I thought "fuck it, I'm not even going to bother to try get these before the shut down".?

If Collector turns out to be obtainable in split screen co op I may attempt it some time in the future.

Edited by shaunsheep677
  • Like 1

I got "Spartan", so that one is confirmed as well.

I've found all adventure co-op treasure for the antiquity set and I have 3/3 lost pendants. All other arena-only sets are missing 1 treasure each (the rare one). Ouch.

I theorize that HOARDER is still obtainable, but I have some considerations:

*** I still haven't confirmed that the treasures are saved on your LAN profile (which is different from your SPLITSCREEN profile) after your ps3 is shut down. They aren't shown on a list, so you'll have to take notes, same as with COLLECTOR.

*** I haven't found a single HOARDER-related treasure while playing aventure on HARD. In fact, I've only found the easy/normal counterparts, even on hard. Is that common and the rare treasures seldom drop among these? Or does it mean that the HOARDER set of treasures could only drop when playing online? Can someone please confirm this?

*** Let's suppose that the LAN profile indeed saves your treasures, and let's hope that the trophy pops when you've got them all: you would have to play extensively on LAN - Competitive using xlinkai or splitscreen/both AND you would have to join someone's adventure coop using your LAN profile (yes, it is possible) so that you get a chance at the adventure mode treasure drops.

*** Can you play Hunter arena with just your second controller? I've never been to the online portion of this game, besides the mandatory match for the platinum.

Question: how many people ended their trophy hunt short of the two treasure related trophies and are willing to give this a shot? We could arrange a dedicate discord group and forum for this and play regularly.

In case it is not clear for everyone: the only trophies that are confirmed to be unobtainable, are the competitive ones (25/50 of the DLC trophies). The two treasure trophies still need confirmation, and all other (23/50) are confirmed. We are potentially looking at exactly 50% of the DLC trophies unlockable (75% profile with platinum, 74% without).

XLINKAI (third party program) can be used to play U3 in a state very close to when the servers were online, for anyone who's interested. Even the crushing co-op trophies (overseer, triumvirate, unwielding) can be gotten with two other players online (no splitscreen), by using an exploit with XLINKAI: one player, hopefully with a high level offline profile hosts on the co-op side and the two other players join through the LAN side.

The only thing currently keeping people from the platinum or 100% is the fact that competitive trophies aren't unlocked through LAN. If only Naughty Dog would release a patch making the trophies unlockable through LAN.

On 11/11/2019 at 2:26 PM, Clavietka said:

I got "Spartan", so that one is confirmed as well.

I've found all adventure co-op treasure for the antiquity set and I have 3/3 lost pendants. All other arena-only sets are missing 1 treasure each (the rare one). Ouch.

I theorize that HOARDER is still obtainable, but I have some considerations:

*** I still haven't confirmed that the treasures are saved on your LAN profile (which is different from your SPLITSCREEN profile) after your ps3 is shut down. They aren't shown on a list, so you'll have to take notes, same as with COLLECTOR.

*** I haven't found a single HOARDER-related treasure while playing aventure on HARD. In fact, I've only found the easy/normal counterparts, even on hard. Is that common and the rare treasures seldom drop among these? Or does it mean that the HOARDER set of treasures could only drop when playing online? Can someone please confirm this?

*** Let's suppose that the LAN profile indeed saves your treasures, and let's hope that the trophy pops when you've got them all: you would have to play extensively on LAN - Competitive using xlinkai or splitscreen/both AND you would have to join someone's adventure coop using your LAN profile (yes, it is possible) so that you get a chance at the adventure mode treasure drops.

*** Can you play Hunter arena with just your second controller? I've never been to the online portion of this game, besides the mandatory match for the platinum.

Question: how many people ended their trophy hunt short of the two treasure related trophies and are willing to give this a shot? We could arrange a dedicate discord group and forum for this and play regularly.

In case it is not clear for everyone: the only trophies that are confirmed to be unobtainable, are the competitive ones (25/50 of the DLC trophies). The two treasure trophies still need confirmation, and all other (23/50) are confirmed. We are potentially looking at exactly 50% of the DLC trophies unlockable (75% profile with platinum, 74% without).

XLINKAI (third party program) can be used to play U3 in a state very close to when the servers were online, for anyone who's interested. Even the crushing co-op trophies (overseer, triumvirate, unwielding) can be gotten with two other players online (no splitscreen), by using an exploit with XLINKAI: one player, hopefully with a high level offline profile hosts on the co-op side and the two other players join through the LAN side.

The only thing currently keeping people from the platinum or 100% is the fact that competitive trophies aren't unlocked through LAN. If only Naughty Dog would release a patch making the trophies unlockable through LAN.

Collector is definitely unobtainable because treasures won't drop in offline split screen for PvP matches like deathmatch. You can't level up in them either, because once I finished a match my level was reset.

Even though I haven't personally tested it, from what I've read online I'm pretty sure the same will apply to LAN regarding Collector.

As for Hoarder though I'm not entirely sure. Since I never invested any time doing them while the servers were still up I don't have any experience if treasures obtained on Hard are rarer, I would think they are.

I'm guess I'm not the best person to ask because I completely ignored the treasures, as I thought it was a hard enough boost with grinding the kills and getting things like Overseer etc. 

I would like 100% confirmation if Triumvirate or Look Out Below are obtainable in LAN or not, as those were the only other trophies I wanted to get but ran out of time for. If they are I would look into using this XLINKAI thing.

Edited by shaunsheep677