Why do people say you need to get 8th Prestige for DLC trophies?

cuckie

I just hopped on today at level one (I think they reset levels back in 2017 cause I used to be a lot higher) I got to level 44 in about 3.5 hours playing legit and got my trophies and finished up my 100% finally.

Now I have seen multiple people who have the 100% saying you need 8th prestige for some dlc trophies, which was clearly not the case for me, however I did have all other dlc trophies apart from the final update 6.66 ones before the multiplayer update that reset your stats to level 1 and changed some things.

So my question is did I get lucky and get these trophies before they changed the requirements to need 8th prestige or are those people just stupid? I mean they have 100% on this game so surely they would know what they are talking about, I can't possibly fathom how someone could grind to 8th prestige without realising they only need to get to level 44, either way im very thankful I don't need to get 8th prestige.

Yeah you got extremely lucky. I did this 100% a few months ago and had to get to Prestige 8 before being able to have the chance to unlock a piece of Cyber-Demon armor by doing a challenge that unlocked it. It was something like "kill the mvp 3 times in a match 5 times" (don't exactly have it written down so it might not even be that exact). If I didn't do the challenge and wanted to unlock the piece of armor to equip it in a match through natural progression, I'd have had to get to Prestige 10 before it unlocked. Basically, the piece of armor was locked after the update that made all the dlc free. You already had those trophies before the 6.66 update so you were lucky in that the armor was given to you at the start without having to play anything and just needing to equip it in a match.

• Like 3

I also did the 100% last year and I can confirm I had to reach prestige 8 too, just to unlock a stupid piece of armor and play a match with it. And the other dlcs also required some prestige (less than 8 but I don't remember exactly). I didn't bother me though, because I enjoyed the online a lot.

Apparently, when the dlcs were released you had to buy them, and the armor pieces needed for the trophies were unlocked from the beginning so the 100% was way easier (or at least less time consuming). But since a particular update all the dlcs are now for free and the requirements changed. Now you have to reach prestige 8 and complete a challenge to unlock the armor. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, talespagni said:

How many hours did it take for you to reach prestige 8?

I plan on starting the game on the next few days and would like to know how long I would need to dedicate myself to the online trophies.

Thanks.

20 hours give or take

Also @cuckie you just got lucky, you dont think ALL the people are stupid and you are a kind of a genius are you ?

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1

Yeah, in case it wasn't clear, before the 6.66 update you needed to own the somewhat expensive season pass to access the online DLC trophy content, so some people like me just did all the DLC trophies as they popped up and it only took a few hours, as you were just kind of given the cosmetic stuff that you now need to grind for.

Think you'd also have automatic access to the cosmetic items if you owned the season pass before the 6.66 update but I think you had to at least log on at some point for the game to register that you had it.

10 hours ago, Sikutai said:

It will take longer than 20 hours.

it took me 20 hours in game if you know how to do it

11 hours ago, talespagni said:

Well, I'm not sure what your comment has to do with my previous post. But thanks for the reply.

Also sorry but the second part of the message was for the OP not you.

Edited by SKyZoX9

It doesn't take that long to get 100% tbh, It took me 3 days to finish all dlc stuff, 20-25hrs and it was very fun actually, I played with my friends and we had a blast. I'm not really into fps but this one is fucking great, mp is so different than other games. The only problem that we had were maxed out players that were extremely good and we just couldn't kill them haha

if you play a lot you can get 2-3 prestiges per day easily.

Edited by timpurnat

14 hours ago, timpurnat said:

It doesn't take that long to get 100% tbh, It took me 3 days to finish all dlc stuff, 20-25hrs and it was very fun actually, I played with my friends and we had a blast. I'm not really into fps but this one is fucking great, mp is so different than other games. The only problem that we had were maxed out players that were extremely good and we just couldn't kill them haha

if you play a lot you can get 2-3 prestiges per day easily.

I'm planning to start this mp very soon, can you confirm that now the double xp is on all days? i'm alone and i'm not very good at fps games.. I haven't so much time to play (i think max 4/5 hours per day) so i'm a little scared of this because i don't want to put 1 month only for this MP, but your post gave me a little hope :D 

20/25 hours doing this alone it's a week for me, in this terms it's doable but with 40/50 hours it's a pain in the ass

1 hour ago, Xero_Z said:

I'm planning to start this mp very soon, can you confirm that now the double xp is on all days? i'm alone and i'm not very good at fps games.. I haven't so much time to play (i think max 4/5 hours per day) so i'm a little scared of this because i don't want to put 1 month only for this MP, but your post gave me a little hope :D 

20/25 hours doing this alone it's a week for me, in this terms it's doable but with 40/50 hours it's a pain in the ass

I'm not sure about double xp, sorry. You get xp based on your kills, but when I played (8months ago) there was a lot of players that just started so it was very easy to get a lot of "free" kills, if I remember correctly there are also challenges that give you xp. I think you should go for it because it's very fun and even if you are not that god at fps games, it won't take you 50/60hrs. I think if you really struggled with it, it would take 35hrs tops. I'm an average player in fps but in this game I became really good with time, I think that the game isn't that hard to master.

I think that it's totally doable for you to do prestige a day.

Good luck!??

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 1