(Rumor) Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale 2 to be a launch title for PS5

kidson2004

24 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I usually dont look at wikis so I missed thar ><, thank you for the correction :)

That must be worldwide sales I presume?

That would likely be my guess, but it doesn't specify.  I found a chart that im unable to link showing .5million sold in US, .28million in Europe, .04million in Japan, and .16million in other territories.  It unfortunately is not dated, but appears to be each of 10 months following the release.

Keep in mind that the quote is for June 2013 and the game was released November 2012 , so that only captures about 8 months of sales. There should be more sales for the following years (how many is anyone's guess), and if I'm not mistaken, it was on PS+ at one point, so it may have picked up some late popularity & DLC sales.

Maybe going 3d instead of 2d is enough of a change for them to try again?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

But aside from that they are all my opinions, so they can not be false claims. And I'll stick with my opinion, it's 1/1,000,000 that Sony will make another in the next 10 year's. And that it did flop badly if it only sold 1Mil for a AAA game with all costs. 

It seems your just looking for someone to fight with instead of agreeing to disagree. 

My original post of my opinion which was not necessary to even partially quote let alone respond in such a heated manner. 

No. Your post contains both opinions and incorrect statements. I've already pointed out which are false, some of which you're adamantly repeating. No, it did not "flop badly". That is purely incorrect. While the game offered more than enough fun with what it did have, there was clearly a lack of budget and production values with the game, so treating it like your typical AAA title is also silly.

No, it seems you're upset that someone decided to speak up on the mistakes you made and is now resulting to making ridiculous remarks about the person because of their actions. The primary reason for my reply was because of the silly claim on "badly flopped", which is naturally misleading. I'm not looking for argument, and there's no need whatsoever for this to get blown out of proportion.

The parts that weren't opinions were very much worth responding to, again. There is absolutely no evidence of a "heated" tone anywhere in my previous post towards you.

I hated the first one because of how the only way to kill was by supers and most can be blocked or dodged. If they made it more Smash like I'd be more invested.

They also need more characters or at least follow Smash 4 and Switch's example and advertise new titles by releasing the characters from those games.

Characters I would like to see:

-Aloy (Horizon Zero Dawn)

-Any character from Time Crisis

-Billy (Re0)

-Booker DeWitt & Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)

-Cammy (SFV)

-Chris (Re5) - His super can be punching a rock in someone's face.

-Claire (Re2 Remake)

-Cole (inFamous series)

-Dante (DMC 5)

-Devil Jin (Tekken series)

-Evil Cole (inFamous series)

-Frank West (Dead Rising series)

-Ivy (Soul Calibur VI)

-Jak (Jak series)

-Jill (Re5)

-Juri (Street Fighter V)

-Kat (Gravity Rush series)

-Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza 6)

-Ken (Street Fighter 3/4)

-Kratos (God of War)

-Ky Kiske (Guilty Gear)

-Lars (Tekken 7)

-Leon (Re2/Re4/Re6/Chronicles)

-Menat (Street Fighter V)

-Mike Haggar (Final Fight series)

-Mondo Zappa (Killer Is Dead)

-Nariko (Heavenly Sword)

-Nathan Drake (Uncharted 4)

-Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney series)

-Q (Street Fighter 3)

-Qwark (Ratchet & Clank series)

-Ratchet (Ratchet & Clank series)

-Raven (Gravity Rush series)

-Ryu (Street Fighter series)

-Sir Daniel Fortesque (MediEvil series)

-Sly Cooper (Sly series)

-Sora (KH3)

-Snake (MGS series)

-Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)

-Spider-Man (R.I.P. Disney)

-Spike (Ape Escape)

-Sports Champion character

-Squall (FF VIII Remaster)

-Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes series)

-Trish (DMC 5)

-Tron Bonne (The Misadventures of Tron Bonne)

-Vergil (DMC 5)

-Wesker (Re5)

The majority of these will never come to fruition but it would be nice.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

So like when they mean Elie, are we talking about Ellie in the unreleased TLOU 2 or the first game? Ellie in the first game aint that strong or combat oriented as Joel if the company is going off the first game. Also, this is a poor launch title for PS5, they should probably get another launch title (Knack 3 baby).

4 hours ago, wackt1 said:

So like when they mean Elie, are we talking about Ellie in the unreleased TLOU 2 or the first game? Ellie in the first game aint that strong or combat oriented as Joel if the company is going off the first game. Also, this is a poor launch title for PS5, they should probably get another launch title (Knack 3 baby).

Extremely likely to be the Ellie based on TLOU:P2. Naturally, she'll have some inspiration from her depiction in TLOU, if even in this rumored game.

Ellie has some solo sections entirely to herself in TLOU, as well as her own standalone story "expansion", so it's definitely possible to make her her own character based entirely around the first game. Although, that doesn't mean that it should happen. However, I'd prefer that over Joel and Ellie being their own separate characters. ANYTHING but that. Personally, I'd rather have Joel playable with Ellie assisting. It's better and more iconic that way.

Edited by EcoShifter

On 06/09/2019 at 2:12 AM, KingGuy420 said:

No offense to PSASBR, but if the average consumer strolls into the store Holiday 2020 and it's either XBOX with Halo or PS5 with this, Sony is gonna get crushed lol.

Well, PS4 was launched with KNACK. If they survived that, nothing will kill PS5 :D 

• 3 months later...