miniature and large gold crowns for base game and Iceborne

wackt1

22 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

You don’t switch between version, there is two quests lists, Low/High Rank for vanilla and Master for Iceborne.

Exactly what they said. You are still able to collect your tiny and big crowns of the previous monsters by doing Low/High Rank Mission or even events still. Iceborne basically just continues the main story an doesn't interfere with your original Monster Hunter World.

While we are on the topics of getting crowns, in the base game you would get crowns by doing investigations or event quests, but I found out as I was playing yesterday that they appear updated it so that you can earn them in optional quests as well since I got my miniature crown for Glavenus that way. I still think there's a higher chance of getting crowns through investigations though so I wouldn't put too much focus on the optional quests, but it's still something I just wanted to throw out there.?

3 minutes ago, Xugashi said:

While we are on the topics of getting crowns, in the base game you would get crowns by doing investigations or event quests, but I found out as I was playing yesterday that they appear updated it so that you can earn them in optional quests as well since I got my miniature crown for Glavenus that way. I still think there's a higher chance of getting crowns through investigations though so I wouldn't put too much focus on the optional quests, but it's still something I just wanted to throw out there.1f60b.png

Are you sure it was just not a silver crown? You can get silvers in optional quests, but those do not count.

5 hours ago, tsuki_-no-_usagi said:

Exactly what they said. You are still able to collect your tiny and big crowns of the previous monsters by doing Low/High Rank Mission or even events still. Iceborne basically just continues the main story an doesn't interfere with your original Monster Hunter World.

So basically newcomers are earning two Plats within the one game? When else has that ever happened?

19 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

So basically newcomers are earning two Plats within the one game? When else has that ever happened?

Never, since never an expansion within a game had a platinum before.

But they are not earning two on one game, they are earning one for Vanilla and one for Iceborne. Both platinums will take around 500-600 hours depending on luck and skill.

Can confirm regarding gold in Optionals, got Banboro mini (2164.36) from Arena quest.

Oh, and I want to add that this is a pretty huge game changer, since arena quests are unlimited and quick. It will make crown hunting much easier, unless the crown % is much lower.

Edited by nyonmyan

11 hours ago, Xugashi said:

While we are on the topics of getting crowns, in the base game you would get crowns by doing investigations or event quests, but I found out as I was playing yesterday that they appear updated it so that you can earn them in optional quests as well since I got my miniature crown for Glavenus that way. I still think there's a higher chance of getting crowns through investigations though so I wouldn't put too much focus on the optional quests, but it's still something I just wanted to throw out there.1f60b.png

would be interesting to know if this is true for the base game as well. I am still missing a handful there. Maybe they patched it in...

4 hours ago, Sicho said:

would be interesting to know if this is true for the base game as well. I am still missing a handful there. Maybe they patched it in...

Can't speak for the base game but there are event quests that pop up every week or so that pretty much hands you the crowns, if you're willing to wait that is! :D

I can also confirm gold crowns are a thing in optional quests. Got a small Nightshade Paolumu and a large Brachydios. I’m not sure if this means that all optionals can get crowns or if it’s different for each quest though, somebody else is gonna have to look into that.

11 hours ago, Xugashi said:

Can't speak for the base game but there are event quests that pop up every week or so that pretty much hands you the crowns, if you're willing to wait that is! :D

oh I know that but I'm missing mostly Elders, besides two small crowns.

Is it just me or did they increase the drop rate of crowns? I'm not even grinding for crowns yet and just from doing optional quests and a handful of investigations, I already have 6 gold and 8 mini crowns. I guess it's mainly because of how easy it is to get an investigation with really good rewards (silvers and a bunch of gold). Maybe I'm just lucky though

4 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

Is it just me or did they increase the drop rate of crowns? I'm not even grinding for crowns yet and just from doing optional quests and a handful of investigations, I already have 6 gold and 8 mini crowns. I guess it's mainly because of how easy it is to get an investigation with really good rewards (silvers and a bunch of gold). Maybe I'm just lucky though

I don’t think the drop rate change.

I already did around 50 quests and I didn’t get a single large monster crown.

It’s fully random and you have been lucky.

1 hour ago, PostGameBlues said:

You’ve been really lucky, still not a single gold crown.

On 9/7/2019 at 0:46 PM, nyonmyan said:

Can confirm regarding gold in Optionals, got Banboro mini (2164.36) from Arena quest.

Oh, and I want to add that this is a pretty huge game changer, since arena quests are unlimited and quick. It will make crown hunting much easier, unless the crown % is much lower.

Imma go check this out later to confirm this. Are we talking just the standard arena quest from capturing monsters?

EDIT: ya its random i thonk.

Edited by wackt1
checked gold crowns