11th Challenge „Dead Before Daylight“

dalailama1989

Required for Gold: 47,500 points

Subchallenges for Gold:

50 Explosive kills

Surviving 5 Minutes

100 Growler Kills (Minigun weapon on top floor)

50 Focus Kills

Going outside gives no points and multiplier for Kills.

This was basically my first real run, and it somehow was enough. It was pretty awful at times, but should give a rough oversight:

Edited by dalailama1989
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, sealightbreeze said:

Where exactly is it? the video won't load here at work.

It isn't even shown in the video, as I hadn't found it yet.

It is on the very top floor, last bedroom, next to a corpse.

It has a lot of ammo, but can't seem to be reloaded, once empty. Can't climb or jump with it, either.

36 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

I tried a little bit before leaving for work. I got bronze in the main part so far.

Gold on Focus kills

silver on Explosive

silver on staying inside 5 minute

I had no idea what the Growler was. Where exactly is it? the video won't load here at work. Thanks!

Growler is a new BADASS weapon that's on the.... Second or third floor (didn't have time to know which floor ?). 

Here is my G run, hope it helps:

Edited by Fr_0zt
  • Like 1

Another good challenge; not too annoying, not too easy.

I think "Surrounded", Drifter's run" and "Outride" were designed by mistake

as their difficulty far surpasses anything else.

OK everyone. We are almost there!

One last push and then 1~3 game repeats.

7 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Growler is a new BADASS

Hope the last challenge introduces it in the new shop so we can take it into the Hard/Survivor NG+ runs.

(Also that RPG rocket launcher we only disable in story :P)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VegaTheGreat said:

Another good challenge; not too annoying, not too easy.

I think "Surrounded", Drifter's run" and "Outride" were designed by mistake

as their difficulty far surpasses anything else.

OK everyone. We are almost there!

One last push and then 1~3 game repeats.

Hope the last challenge introduces it in the new shop so we can take it into the Hard/Survivor NG+ runs.

(Also that RPG rocket launcher we only disable in story :P)

I don't think they were mistakes. I think they were deliberately done like that

• Like 1

I don't know what was easier, this Challenge or Reload. Just got the Gold on my 3rd try with a Score of 58,968 with Gold in all 4 Sub-Challenges on my Gold run, the rings I had equipped were Ram & Lionheart.

Just don't over use the new weapon and shoot at nothing, because you can run out, also don't forget to use your Focus Cocktail. Once you're done with the 100 kills, just roll your way right out past the Freakers, use distractor to help if overwhelmed, you don't want to jump out the window because you have to be indoors for the whole thing. Then when in the wide open, just lay your explosives down while evading with distractors, I even blew myself up once, but didn't die. What's cool is there's plenty of healing items in the beginning to pick up, plus the Freakers don't do much damage on you anyways, hard to get overrun.

Thank goodness there's only 1 more Challenge, unless there's Challenges Season 2 ?

Edited by Nitemares-----
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ACTWD said:

Done gold this morning. Fairly easy, need to fight on 1st floor as much as you can, then go upstairs to take the big gun. Till searching for logic between nearly impossible challenges and the 9th 10th and 11th challenges. 

Logic is quite simple actually. And pretty sad to be honest.

8th challenge made people completely mad, and instead of training, guys put their energy into creating petitions to nerf the difficulty. So they simply realized that people wanted simple challenges, which is pretty lame. Simple challenge... that's quite a concept.

Pretty sure that the last one will not hurt gamers feeling by being very hard.

PS : 8th challenge was far from impossible, with practice it was really doable. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bearded_Jay said:

Logic is quite simple actually. And pretty sad to be honest.

8th challenge made people completely mad, and instead of training, guys put their energy into creating petitions to nerf the difficulty. So they simply realized that people wanted simple challenges, which is pretty lame. Simple challenge... that's quite a concept.

Pretty sure that the last one will not hurt gamers feeling by being very hard.

PS : 8th challenge was far from impossible, with practice it was really doable. 

Sure it was doable, I did it before the update, but the Challenge was broken. I don't think they changed the difficulty because people couldn't do it, because there were a lot of people that did it. They've had several huge updates to fix so many bugs, what's one more. What makes these actually easier is all the Patches that are unlocked, especially with Gold for a certain Patch, take away those upgrades and I guarantee the easier ones will be harder. Plus we've gotten better over the last couple of months because of Challenges, I find the 1st few Challenges way easier with upgrades. Bringing those Patches in the regular game, along with New Game Plus is going to have no Challenge at all, wish there was an option to disable them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nitemares----- said:

Sure it was doable, I did it before the update, but the Challenge was broken. I don't think they changed the difficulty because people couldn't do it, because there were a lot of people that did it. They've had several huge updates to fix so many bugs, what's one more. What makes these actually easier is all the Patches that are unlocked, especially with Gold for a certain Patch, take away those upgrades and I guarantee the easier ones will be harder. Plus we've gotten better over the last couple of months because of Challenges, I find the 1st few Challenges way easier with upgrades. Bringing those Patches in the regular game, along with New Game Plus is going to have no Challenge at all, wish there was an option to disable them.

The challenge was not broken actually, simply hard. I succeeded this challenge at least 10 times before the patch, did full gold runs a few times, helped a few friends with this challenge and it never took me more than 15 minutes.

And yes at first i had so much trouble doing it, but at some point, when you know what to do, and train to do it right, this challenge is simply perfect. 

Now it's broken, having a 30k bonus for finishing quick, while the goal is 110k, that's completely broken.

I'm doing WipEout at this very moment, and Zico challenges are the same. You simply need to do things perfectly, but at some point, the game is not responsable for our failures. 

Edited by Bearded_Jay
  • Like 1

This challenge is probably the easiest one for me by far, if not the Reload Horde challenge. Here's my latest run:

After picking up any supplies that I can (mainly the medkit and focus cocktail), I waited until the 1st wave crashed through the door and took half of them out by shooting the tank right by the door. After that, I just run straight upstairs to the 3rd floor, picking up more items on the way, grabbing the growler, camping and just start going to town on them. While the attractors can help group them together for more penetrative shots and give you more breathing room, I felt they weren't necessary since they trip and fall at the top of the stairs slowing themselves while being clustered in such a narrow space already. Having the Lionheart ring equipped before you start the challenge really helps here. Probably the hardest part of this challenge is rolling your way out free when surrounded by a bunch of them at once due to being in such an enclosed space, but other than that the challenge is overall not too bad that allows plenty of error and plenty of resources at your disposal.

Now back to my regularly scheduled Wolfenstein grind. ?

Edited by Lumi

7 hours ago, Bearded_Jay said:

The challenge was not broken actually, simply hard. I succeeded this challenge at least 10 times before the patch, did full gold runs a few times, helped a few friends with this challenge and it never took me more than 15 minutes.

And yes at first i had so much trouble doing it, but at some point, when you know what to do, and train to do it right, this challenge is simply perfect. 

Now it's broken, having a 30k bonus for finishing quick, while the goal is 110k, that's completely broken.

I'm doing WipEout at this very moment, and Zico challenges are the same. You simply need to do things perfectly, but at some point, the game is not responsable for our failures. 

This game shouldn't have even had Bike Challenges to begin with, especially so many, with it being so difficult, it's not even useful in the game. It was broken especially where you would aim at freakers where it would show a red indicator and they still come after you.

They shouldn't have even added that 30,000, but they did, and they tweaked the race, so you don't get as many points during it. I did a speed run, got to the end as fast as possible, with 2 Gold and still got Silver, so it's not much different in scoring wise.

This is a Survival game, not a racing game, I don't know why these developers feel the need to put them in games, just like Final Fantasy XV, it's dumb. I understand the many Horde Challenges, because that's what the game is about, but they should have added more Combat Challenges, so much wasted opportunity. I'm so glad these Challenges are almost done, maybe in Days Gone 2 or if they release more Challenges, they'll do it right.

Edited by Nitemares-----

7 hours ago, Nitemares----- said:

This game shouldn't have even had Bike Challenges to begin with, especially so many, with it being so difficult, it's not even useful in the game. It was broken especially where you would aim at freakers where it would show a red indicator and they still come after you.

They shouldn't have even added that 30,000, but they did, and they tweaked the race, so you don't get as many points during it. I did a speed run, got to the end as fast as possible, with 2 Gold and still got Silver, so it's not much different in scoring wise.

This is a Survival game, not a racing game, I don't know why these developers feel the need to put them in games, just like Final Fantasy XV, it's dumb. I understand the many Horde Challenges, because that's what the game is about, but they should have added more Combat Challenges, so much wasted opportunity. I'm so glad these Challenges are almost done, maybe in Days Gone 2 or if they release more Challenges, they'll do it right.

I absolutely don't agree with you, but hey, everyone have the right to think whatever they want. ?

For me, bike challenges are completely legitimate because of one thing : bike gameplay is cleary excellent. Way better, for instance, than horde fighting inside a building like the last challenge, where the cam goes off in small spaces.

Killing freakers on (before the patch that helped a lot) was pretty hard, but still not broken when you know how to do things. I succeeded quite a few times perfect runs where I needed to kill 20 freakers, if it was that broken, i woudn't.

Yep it's a survival game, with an absolutely fantastic bike gameplay, why would they stop themselves doing challenges on something they did perfectly right ? Look at the new Ghost Recon, you might realize how good Days Gone's bike gameplay is.

"Not much different scoring wise". Yeah sure, i can do full gold runs 9 times out of 10, my high score is 136k, before the patch it was 121k. Clearly, it's absolutely the same. Combine that with the patches that make it even easier, and you'll see how devs killed their own game.

And yeah, they patched it because it was too hard. Nerfed sub challenges objectives, added huge ending bonus. You should have seen Bend Studio's Twitter when outride was released, it was on fire. Everyone was going mad because it was the first one they can't make gold bla,bla,bla. That they killed the game bla,bla,bla. Hate this kind of reactions.

It's not against you man, hope you know that. But it looks like Bike Challenges are right in the middle of the sight because they are harder than the rest, not because it's glitchy or bad.

Edited by Bearded_Jay

19 minutes ago, Bearded_Jay said:

I absolutely don't agree with you, but hey, everyone have the right to think whatever they want. 1f605.png

For me, bike challenges are completely legitimate because of one thing : bike gameplay is cleary excellent. Way better, for instance, than horde fighting inside a building like the last challenge, where the cam goes off in small spaces.

Killing freakers on (before the patch that helped a lot) was pretty hard, but still not broken when you know how to do things. I succeeded quite a few times perfect runs where I needed to kill 20 freakers, if it was that broken, i woudn't.

Yep it's a survival game, with an absolutely fantastic bike gameplay, why would they stop themselves doing challenges on something they did perfectly right ? Look at the new Ghost Recon, you might realize how good Days Gone's bike gameplay is.

"Not much different scoring wise". Yeah sure, i can do full gold runs 9 times out of 10, my high score is 136k, before the patch it was 121k. Clearly, it's absolutely the same. Combine that with the patches that make it even easier, and you'll see how devs killed their own games.

And yeah, they patched it because it was too hard. Nerfed sub challenges objectives, added huge ending bonus. You should have seen Bend Studio's Twitter when outride was released, it was on fire. Everyone was going mad because it was the first one they can't make gold bla,bla,bla. That they killed the game bla,bla,bla. Hate this kind of reactions.

It's not against you man, hope you know that. But it looks like Bike Challenges are right in the middle of the sight because they are harder than the rest, not because it's glitchy or bad.

Oh I know man haha. Yeah I get your point of view, I just think the Bike in this game is trash, just used to get to point A to point B. Some people are better at certain games and modes than others, that's why you don't notice, but yes there was a scoring difference. The Bike Challenges didn't bother me, I was able to do them. Challenges are Challenges for a reason, I worked hard to get my Gold on Outride, only to be "nerfed". I just have a different opinion on what type of Challenges we should have got. 

It's just like all these whining children complaining about New Game Plus, when clearly this game was easy on Survival. Now we have it coming out next week, it's like people want everything handed to them :yawn:

Edited by Nitemares-----