Multiple trophies very buggy and not unlocking

machaesthetic

Just a heads-up to anyone who plans on playing this, that this game has the most glitched trophies I have ever seen in a game. I have never once had a trophy glitch on me (that wasn't just a misleading/vague trophy description or requirement), but in this game alone I have had SIX separate, progression-based, straightforward trophies that are just bugged upon completion of requirements.

The following are confirmed to be bugged by me:

• Character completion trophies (The Idiot, The Clawed Girl, Valentine, and Plucky have all personally glitched for me)
  • Endless Hat Trick
  • Arcade completion trophies (clearing arcade on easy personally glitched for me)

For the character trophies, two of them popped as I replayed the story the second time through with those characters (on completion of the first and fifth chapters respectively), for another character trophy, it popped randomly on a completely different character as I finished the second to last stage, and for the last character trophy, I couldn't get it to pop had to delete application data and start from scratch and complete the requirements again. For Endless Hat Trick, I did three streak, then did one more to four streak, then died and completed one streak and it finally unlocked. For the arcade trophy that glitched, I had to complete arcade mode again and it popped.

As far as what has caused this, I have no clue. For the arcade trophy, it may have been that I met the requirements for four trophies simultaneously that caused it to bug out (chapter 7 S rank, chapter 7 SSS rank, arcade complete easy, and arcade complete no health pickups), and for the character ones I played continuously from chapter 1 to chapter 7 without stopping in story mode, and some just randomly bugged out for no discernible reason.

Edited by machaesthetic
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm there are glitched trophies.

I have had 3 of the character trophies not pop for me, even doing the requirements twice (still not unlocking). I'm stuck on these, not sure what to do.

Story Mode - Very Hard also glitched on me, didn't pop right away, I replayed the last level on Easy and it popped.

This is a fun game, but the trophies are definitely bugged. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Finally finished this last night after multiple character trophies bugged out on me. Deleted my save data, ran through story mode on very hard which unlocked everything, and then tried finishing story mode on easy with Mr. White. This didn't unlock his trophy.

However, when I went through arcade mode on easy, the trophy popped immediately afterwards. I did the same with the other two characters - no story mode, just arcade on easy - and their trophies also popped without issue. If you can finish arcade mode on very hard, you should have absolutely no issue doing it on easy with the unlockable characters.

• 2 months later...