I Have Two Questions For Those That Have Played This..

MrTacoNinja

1) Is this one of those games where it's an absolute necessity to have to control your other followers (give commands) along the journey towards the platinum?

2) Do I have to multi-manage the inventory with the other followers? What I mean is, do I have to constantly take care of their equipment (buying/looting/equipping new equipment for them) and level up and pick all their skills, etc? Stuff like this is just tedious as hell to me and I don't enjoy it.
Edited by MrTacoNinja

1. No. I didnt...

2. Yeah. Just have good equipment to the members you use a lot. Do you constantly need to take care? No. Do level up their skills. Game gets easier when you level your party.

Hope this helps. Great game. Just try it out. Warning: PS3 has buggy trophies.

You can play without a problem by relying on the AI to do most of the stuff. There might be some times where you need to step in, but it's not that much, tbh. GIve it a try on a secondary account, see if you dig the systems, and then play it on your main profile.

1) When playing on Nightmare,  there were a few times I had to  control everyone's actions.  However this is during the beginning of the game before you unlock class specializations. With the right build and equipment you could solo Nightmare tbh.

2) Yes there is a ton of inventory management especially if you do it for all companions though you could minimize it by sticking to 3 preferred ones based on your play style and or character preferences. 

I have 100% this on PS3 and 4, I'd go with 4 as it has all the dlc. 3's version just got Jaws of Hakkon. I loved the hundreds of hours I have spent on this game but a good chunk was spent crafting and equipping my team - I upgraded everyone regularly and leveled them manually instead of auto-leveling. 

2 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

1) Is this one of those games where it's an absolute necessity to have to control your other followers (give commands) along the journey towards the platinum?

2) Do I have to multi-manage the inventory with the other followers? What I mean is, do I have to constantly take care of their equipment (buying/looting/equipping new equipment for them) and level up and pick all their skills, etc? Stuff like this is just tedious as hell to me and I don't enjoy it.

1) Not really, most times I left it on auto. Only a few times I had to step in and manually control my followers, but that was on Nightmare. Once I got to the middle-late game, I was able to solo it for the most part.

2) Not really, the only part I had to manage was their skills, making sure to pick the right ones that can work well with some of my skills. I typically just dump my old equipment on the followers after I find/buy/craft new equipment.