Any good?

MMDE

It's super short, that's for sure. Like the mood is nice for some few minutes, and the story last about twice that. I mean, you'll likely be done with the game in 15-30 minutes. The same song was cycling the entire game as far as I could tell, and it got on my nerves after a little while. What's the gameplay like? You move sideways like in a side scroller, and then you can click X to do some 15 different absolutely terrible mini games, if you can call it that. One is like, throw a ball, and this bird picks it up. That's it! Draw in the sand, yes, that's it! Slide down some hill, yes, that's it. Feed birds... press X to dig up some seashells. Yes, that's the level of the mini games. Not a single one was any interesting. It's supposed to be relaxing and cute I guess. If you want an easy platinum, sure, go for it, otherwise stay away IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Storm Boy is one of those games whose story outdoes the game play, and that's always okay with me.  Consider it an interactive visual novel if you wish; well, interactive visual novella, anyway.  Any game that makes an emotional impression on me, as @TakemetoNarnia4 has said (granted, I'm a sap) has my praise.  I fully intend to play the second stack some day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LethalShark20 said:

Who cares if the game is good? You get a Platinum, how could you argue with that?

Sure,you get a platinum but the games goes beyond its way to tell a story that means something special to many people (to love your pet and then lose it suddenly) whereas easy platinums like Road Bustle,Donut Country,Slyde for example are here just to satisfy and fulfil platinum hunters' egos.

Very few games with easy plats stay in your heart forever.

• 4 months later...

It probably meant a bit more to me since it's an Australian short story produced by an Australian studio, but I really enjoyed it. For once the easy trophies made me enjoy the game more as I took time in each of the minigames. I'm actually proud to have this one on my profile compared to some of the other easy Platinums out there.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...