Trophy thoughts

Clafoutee

Most trophy descriptions look ambiguous, but the arena challenges sticks out as a potentially difficult task. Seems like there's a fair amount of collectibles and areas to discover also.

Rather than "Metroidvania", we should be calling this a Soul-Scroller.

Edited by dj_helyx
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Burgins said:

I think that without the No Flask trophy this looks like standard soulslike fare, but with that one trophy this could be pretty difficult. Wouldn't underestimate this one's difficulty just yet fellas

To clarify, they only disallow healing during the bossfights themselves? Also long as I don't have to do a no healing run it shouldn't be too impossible, imo.

14 hours ago, Alos88 said:

To clarify, they only disallow healing during the bossfights themselves? Also long as I don't have to do a no healing run it shouldn't be too impossible, imo.

I'm hoping only bosses with names and life bars at the bottom of the screen count for this trophy. Just beat an enemy who had no name and life bar at the bottom of the screen but I got a trophy for beating her which leaves me hoping I didn't void the no flasks trophy because I did use them during the fight. 

7 minutes ago, Pelotedeneige said:

I just realized I lost the fight against the mid-boss mentionned by Killbomb. It seems to void the 100 % trophy as the character drops an item (rosary bead) and doesn't come back if you die. GG the devs.

I am fairly sure I died at least once to Perpetua and she was still there when I went back. Maybe it's bugged for you unfortunately.

Edited by Killbomb

5 hours ago, Killbomb said:

I'm hoping only bosses with names and life bars at the bottom of the screen count for this trophy. Just beat an enemy who had no name and life bar at the bottom of the screen but I got a trophy for beating her which leaves me hoping I didn't void the no flasks trophy because I did use them during the fight. 

Which enemy? 

5 minutes ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Location? Just to be sure

Mountains of the endless dusk 

Another missable quest, there's a guy in where olive trees wither that turns into a tree if you progress too far, locking you out of his quest 

Meaning you'll miss a spell and a bead, not sure if there's a way to turn him back to normal 

1 hour ago, bananamuffin-352 said:

Mountains of the endless dusk 

Another missable quest, there's a guy in where olive trees wither that turns into a tree if you progress too far, locking you out of his quest 

Meaning you'll miss a spell and a bead, not sure if there's a way to turn him back to normal 

The first time I passed that point (yesterday), the tree was already there, alive with a arm sticking out. 

After exploring the map and returning today, the tree was frozen. It responded after bringing the oil and got a item (frozen olive).

6 hours ago, Pelotedeneige said:

The name is Perpetua. I'll wait for others to confirm and a patch if it's bugged.

I also lost that fight and directly after returning to the same spot, he wasn’t there.

I’m curious if any (health) assistance will bug you out of the Beat All Bosses Without Flask Consumption. 

Edited by Sensi_82

5 minutes ago, Sensi_82 said:

The first time I passed that point (yesterday), the tree was already there, alive with a arm sticking out. 

After exploring the map and returning today, the tree was frozen. It responded after bringing the oil and got a item (frozen olive).

I also lost that fight and directly after returning to the same spot, he wasn’t there.

I’m curious if any (health) assistance will bug you out of the Beat All Bosses Without Flask Consumption. 

since it specifically says flask consumption I doubt it would

think I was too late for tree guy, didn't even give me the item to put the oil in 

I was too late for the tree too. Very frustrating to know how easily you can miss the 100 %. I have been inspecting every single room to make sure I would have everything and yet at 50 % I am realizing it's gonna be impossible. I think I might stop playing the game for a while. I don't want to end it with a low % and I don't want to start all over.

By the way, there is another way to chesse the no flask trophy. Since it's asked to use no flask, you can pick up your soul after you died in the boss arena. By doing so, you will recover a part of your health. ;)

Little update for you guys : I fought Perpetua when she came to assist Esdras. I managed to defeat her before her brother. I went back to the location where the first fight happened and get the orb with the rosary bead. I don't know what would happen if I took care of Esdras first but there is second chance apparently. I hope it woul help someone.

Edited by Pelotedeneige
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

what do you need to take the oli from the vase? (after the boss our lady of charred visage)

I got the chalice thing from the tree (snowy area Where Olive Trees Wither)

1 hour ago, Pelotedeneige said:

Little update for you guys : I fought Perpetua when she came to assist Esdras. I managed to defeat her before her brother. I went back to the location where the first fight happened and get the orb with the rosary bead. I don't know what would happen if I took care of Esdras first but there is second chance apparently. I hope it woul help someone.

Which area is this boss fight and possible without using flasks?