Trophy thoughts

Clafoutee

At 99.25% now, items seem to add 0.25% and I know I'm missing 2 bone collectibles, so the last one is probably the item from the tree guy's quest, sucks 

Probably just gonna wait until they release NG+, really don't feel like starting over 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bananamuffin-352 said:

At 99.25% now, items seem to add 0.25% and I know I'm missing 2 bone collectibles, so the last one is probably the item from the tree guy's quest, sucks 

Probably just gonna wait until they release NG+, really don't feel like starting over 

I'm just going to continue my blind playthrough without stressing over the trophies. Do another playthrough or NG+ when there's a guide available. 

9 hours ago, Sensi_82 said:

I got the chalice thing from the tree (snowy area Where Olive Trees Wither)

Which area is this boss fight and possible without using flasks?

The fight is mandatory and happens on the Bridge of the Three Calvaries. It is possible without using flasks like every other boss fight, although I used my guilt to recover some HPs. Some people on YouTube made video showing No damage bosses. They are way better than I am.

On 9/14/2019 at 1:11 AM, Sensi_82 said:

Guys, what happens if you destroy all guilt statues? I broke one of them and a red circle appeared (interaction with triangle is possible but nothing happens). Would be cool if guilt disappears when you destroy all of them.

Heavy spoilers ahead !!!1! [Endings and Gameplay Mechanics] Since now I 100% the game, it'll be easier for me to talk about that :D

Spoiler

If you destroy the statue, you'll have to equip in your Rosary the very specific bead which is the Immaculate Bead. With this very particular bead equipped, die 3 times in a row and come back to the statue, you'll see a portal where the statue once were. Go inside, you'll face enemies (related to the "Arena" Trophy).

Dying 'fills' the bead with corrpution, and you need it fully corrupted to trigger the portal.

Do that at the 7 statues [I miscounted], and you'll unlock 3 Rosary Beads and a Sword Heart [You should have 31 Rosary Beads and 9 Sword Hearts in total -meaning if you don't have the trophies for the Beads and the Hearts, by doing the A Ending, you should be able to unlock them like I did :) ]

Also, I'm giving you a amazingly detailed map, thanks to the wonderful Demajen from the Steam Forums. His work has been more than helpful for the 100%

Here it is > https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/788616227100206966/0589F29C33E3A6F2EEFF7C095160CBEECA908A27/

And the steam guide, if he updates his work > https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1861035208

Edited by Dr_Rwede
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sensi_82 said:

Dr_Rwede thank you very much for this thorough explanation, handy for more people I presume,

You answered indirectly another question of me, didn’t know which purpose the Immaculate Bead had until the explanation.

1f600.png

This is good to know! 

Edited by SecondGenesis

I wish I had saved the video I saw a couple of days ago, that would have been better than my pitious explanations...

Happy to help :)

EDIT : I edited my previous message, for various reasons, one of them being spoilers :D

Edited by Dr_Rwede

I am still going through forums on Steam and comments on Youtube and no one is saying the same thing. If someone who has the platinum can confirm that 

- getting back the guilt

- accepting the NPC's assistance

void / doesn't affect the Requiem Aeternam trophy, it would be very nice. Sorry to bother you with that, but I ended my first run with 99,75 % because of that damned tree and I don't want to replay the game a third time because I used any of this. ^^

On 12/09/2019 at 11:52 AM, ReverseLag said:

How long does it take to finish the game + getting the plat btw? Also how hard? I've finished every single From Software game and Platinumed them all. Is it still going to be challenging?

Essentially I have a lot of things to play and am not sure I can fit this game in.

Around 25H for the platinum, lots of backtracking and frustration with some jumps, spikes that kill you, lack of invulnerabilties frames that let the boss just combo you and the lack of waypoint to navigate through the map. Difficulty wise, it is not that challenging, except one or two bosses without flasks. Also two achievements that conflict which requires you either keep another save or do a second playthrough ( I took 3h for that second one for the two guys to meet ).

1 hour ago, Pelotedeneige said:

I am still going through forums on Steam and comments on Youtube and no one is saying the same thing. If someone who has the platinum can confirm that 

- getting back the guilt

- accepting the NPC's assistance

void / doesn't affect the Requiem Aeternam trophy, it would be very nice. Sorry to bother you with that, but I ended my first run with 99,75 % because of that damned tree and I don't want to replay the game a third time because I used any of this. ^^

Guilt healing and Viridiania assistance does not void the No flask trophy, I used both of them during my playthrough. 

I also made a checklist of items during my playthrough if that can help someone else. There is room for improvement like putting cherubs, ghosts and bones if anyone want to do that.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NGmwAvtCR3bxzcQeIrlX4Lqo99apVkMAk3vEASEN_LY/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Apsyka
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Old thread, but I found the platinum to be a 6/10-ish difficulty.

Defeating Esdras without healing is probably the hardest part; not sure why they made a mid-game boss the most challenging. Other than that, you're free to explore for some upgrades, good prayer beads, and so on, before taking on the fights, which reduces the difficulty quite a bit. You can also have Viridiana heal you in three battles without penalty.

I actually like how fair the Requiem Aeternam trophy is, compared to some 2D action games, that expect you to beat the bosses without being hit. You can see how my successful attempt went HERE, if you like. The description includes some tips.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...