Mrs Bee is Awesome

Sir_Bee

EDIT: Scratch the request for votes, Just wanted to share my pride in the awesome work that Mrs Bee is doing.  :D

So something very exciting for Mrs. Bee (and subsequently me) happened this past weekend.  She got nominated among 11 others for Best Dental Hygienist in our area.  She has always been one to have a low level of self confidence, and often undersells herself, so I am super proud of this nomination, and I thought it would be great for her if she could win.  That is where you would all come in.  I am reaching out to those who would like to help, and asking that you go to the link below and vote for "Jessie Peloso from Waterloo Smiles".  There isn't any prize (that I am aware of) but I am sure it would make her very happy if she manages to win.

Thanks for your votes :)

https://www.therecord.com/readerschoice/categories/people-professionals/subcategories/dental-hygienist

EDIT** As it turns out you have to make an account to vote, and since they ask for your postal code, it likely would not work if you are voting from other places in the world.  That is a shame :(  Needless to say I am still very proud of her for the nomination, so I don't want to remove this post all together.

Edited by Sir_Bee
Changed my mind about what I wanted to accomplish
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

What if I needed some dental care while during vacation, and it turned out to be the best dental care I have ever had?

I don't know for sure that you cannot vote while living out of the area, I just assumed as such.  Give it a shot if you want :)

4 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Waterloo Dental is only 172 miles away from my house. It's plausible I drive three hours for regular dental care, isn't it?

That is absolutely reasonable, she is worth it.

12 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Well, best of luck to the Mrs. I think I'd be honored just to get a nomination.

Even if she doesn't win, she should feel good about herself and know that her talents aren't going unrecognized. There's a reason she was nominated for the award in the first place.

I agree, and I try to get her to see it as well.  I do think that she is pretty happy with this nomination.  She only just found out about it, so it may not have fully sunk in yet.

• Like 1

I say let the chips fall where they may...not a fan of doctoring votes...haha...i run an award-winning business and I find it kind of sad that other companies might be doing things like this to try to get up to our level...

i'd recommend she reach out to her patients for support (perhaps a brief memo handed out at the end of the checkups), not randoms on the internet on a gaming site, however humble the request may be...then whether she wins or not, she can post a small thanks to her patients somewhere visible with the update of the results...it can help bolster a bit of a community feel and pave the way for future nominations and milestones...being nominated is great so a big congratz and I wish her the best of luck...two cents...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I say let the chips fall where they may...not a fan of doctoring votes...haha...i run an award-winning business and I find it kind of sad that other companies might be doing things like this to try to get up to our level...

i'd recommend she reach out to her patients for support (perhaps a brief memo handed out at the end of the checkups), not randoms on the internet on a gaming site, however humble the request may be...then whether she wins or not, she can post a small thanks to her patients somewhere visible with the update of the results...it can help bolster a bit of a community feel and pave the way for future nominations and milestones...being nominated is great so a big congratz and I wish her the best of luck...two cents...

That is a perfectly reasonable view and I can respect it :).  The problem with getting her patients on board is that they technically aren't her patients, they 'belong' to the dentist that she works for, and that relationship isn't very strong.  I will pose the idea to her and see if she can figure out a way to let them know.  Thanks for your input :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

The problem with getting her patients on board is that they technically aren't her patients, they 'belong' to the dentist that she works for, and that relationship isn't very strong.

perhaps she could have a brief chat with the dentist(s) she works with and see if they would get on board...in my experience, most people are eager to help those with ambition (as long as it doesn't add any workload to theirs...haha)...it could be as simple as asking if the dentist(s) would (or, more realistically, if she could) mention her nomination at the end of her role during a check up...something along the lines of "I've been nominated for a dental award and it would mean a lot to me if you would take a few minutes out of your day to vote...*hand over small piece of paper with link*...thanks"...of course in the case of kids, it might be a little trickier depending on how appointments carry out...

side note : the ideal would be to hit people with it in the waiting room as they restlessly use their smartphones...not sure if this is plausible though...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ProfBambam55 said:

perhaps she could have a brief chat with the dentist(s) she works with and see if they would get on board...in my experience, most people are eager to help those with ambition (as long as it doesn't add any workload to theirs...haha)...it could be as simple as asking if the dentist(s) would (or, more realistically, if she could) mention her nomination at the end of her role during a check up...something along the lines of "I've been nominated for a dental award and it would mean a lot to me if you would take a few minutes out of your day to vote...*hand over small piece of paper with link*...thanks"...of course in the case of kids, it might be a little trickier depending on how appointments carry out...

I have mentioned the idea to her and she is going to consider how to bring it up with the Dentist.  :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

I have mentioned the idea to her and she is going to consider how to bring it up with the Dentist.  :)

brilliant...i just googled the clinic and not only is it highly rated and your wife personally thanked in some of the reviews, but the owner takes the time to reply...seems like an excellent starting point so all my encouragements (random dude 8 hours and 46 minutes away who likes using parenthesis)...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir_Bee said:

The problem with getting her patients on board is that they technically aren't her patients, they 'belong' to the dentist that she works for, and that relationship isn't very strong. 

I actually judge a place not just by its dentist but also the hygienist. 

It could have a great dentist, but if the hygienists aren't nice or good then it matters to me, especially sense you see the hygienist frequently.

So she may be surprised about how many people remember her and like her just as much as the dentist! If not more! 

Hope she wins! <3

• Like 1