2048 Zone Events Tips Needed.

Baker

I’m really struggling with these Zone Events. I Elite passed everything else quite easily so I’m happy to hear some tips for this. What kind of ship to use etc. I usually switch between Feisar and AG agility ships but maybe there are some better alternatives? I can get to Mach 1, zone 40, with about 90-100% health left but than everything goes wrong. Because of those trippy colors I can’t see or follow the track anymore because it’s going too fast. I got 5 done, need 5 more tracks but I’m not improving although I know the tracks by heart. I still need Unity Square, Metro Park, Subway, Rockway Stadium & Altima. So any advice is welcome ?.

4 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

All ships are equal in Zone mode. 

And the best tip that I can give you is to turn off the music (in-game, not the TV sound). 

Without music, the track colours stay white / gray without changing. It makes it 1000x easier. 

Other than that, just practice, lots of practice. 

Well that music part isn’t true. I’m already playing without music and the trippy colors are still there. Because of those colors, especially when it’s golden, I usually mess up. But if there is a way to just play in white/gray that would be great!

Edit: You might be confusing HD/Fury with 2048? There are definitely differences between ships.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

Well that music part isn’t true. I’m already playing without music and the trippy colors are still there. Because of those colors, especially when it’s golden, I usually mess up. But if there is a way to just play in white/gray that would be great!

Edit: You might be confusing HD/Fury with 2048? There are definitely differences between ships.

Ya, my comment was mainly based on HD and 2048 (I haven't spent much time with Omega yet), on those, turning of the game music did stop the flashing. 

Also, all ships in all non-racing modes used to have the same stats. 

As I said, I was mainly basing it on my previous experience, sorry if they did change it for Omega, I hadn't noticed it yet. 

2 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Ya, my comment was mainly based on HD and 2048 (I haven't spent much time with Omega yet), on those, turning of the game music did stop the flashing. 

Also, all ships in all non-racing modes used to have the same stats. 

As I said, I was mainly basing it on my previous experience, sorry if they did change it for Omega, I hadn't noticed it yet. 

Yeah in HD/Fury all ships are the same. I haven’t really started that yet. I want to finish 2048 first. Thanks.

Yeah, Zone Events were the hardest part of 2048 for me. I beat them all this past weekend, so here are my suggestions:

1. Practice the track, preferably in Zone. Eventually, that 40 becomes 42, then 48, then mid-50s.
  2. If you get discouraged, depending on your personality: either take a break (e.g., race another track, play another game, go outside) or create micro-goals (e.g., if you die on Zone 40, challenge yourself to reach Zone 42; then when you're consistently dying on Zone 45, challenge yourself to reach Zone 47).
  3. AG Agility is bae. Fight the track, not the ship.
  4. Never take your eyes off the track. Use track color and "zone X complete" messages to measure your progress. As you know, it sometimes only takes one mistake or a split-second of inattention to end a run.
  5. On Subway: take the corkscrew. It's relatively straight after the left-hander. Keep the boost pads either under you or slightly to your left and you can slip through undamaged. I also focused on centering my trajectory to the tunnel mouth.
  6. On Altima: starting around Zone 35-40ish, learn to pitch your nose down before the track catapults you into the right-hander followed by the ascending chicane. The sweet spot -- for me, at least -- was managing my pitch to land _just after_ the right-hander and oriented so my line was mostly straight outside-to-outside to crest the chicane.
  7. Practice! (Yes, this is repeat! :) )

FWIW, Rockway Stadium was my bane. Once I nailed those curves, every other track was a breeze.

Good luck, racer!

• Like 2

@sushi_thief Thanks man. That’s really helpfull. I actually managed to get past Unity Square & Metro Park just now. I crashed in both on zone 60. So just the three you mentioned left. Seems to me those are the hardest three...

Edit: Thanks for the tips everyone. I got it done. Playing completely without sound was the key for me. Hardest for me was Unity Square, that took me by far the most attempts.

Edited by BB-BakkerJ

• 6 months later...

The ships in zone mode behave differently according to their stats. That means if you tend to hit the walls too often get the Qirex ship with 90 shield. It is much better on certain tracks than the AG Agility one. With the AG ship I managed to reach zone 56 on my second try in the Rockway Stadium but I drove it home with the Qirex ship, since it's much more forgiving when you mess up some turns. Just as an example, when you barrel roll in zone mode you lose 15 points with AG and only 8 with Qirex. Pretty much the same applies to hitting the walls. Slight scratches always take 1 point of your health when driving AG but none when driving Qirex. The downside is the handling which is at 70, compared to 100 of the AG but it is totally doable and still not hard to control.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I've only got 8 zone events to go but to be honest,  they're scary.  Might have to try the turn sound off option.  Hopefully that helps, 

The amount of times I've died when on zone 59 when shooting for zone 60 is unreal.  At least I know I can make it but damn it's frustrating.  To whoever who said use the ship with good health instead of handling,  that's the best advice ever!

All done, had to use the ag ship for the last 4 events. Handling was incredible

Edited by closertim
Update

• 1 year later...