Working on a platinum speedrun guide, any tips?

Optinooby

1 hour ago, TalalHmd said:

can we first get a regular guide, please?

Sure somebody will do this, there are plenty of guides already anyhow.

There isnt a full optimal platinum walkthrough anywhere which is why I want to do one!

16 minutes ago, dj_helyx said:

Has the game changed over the past 20 years?

Doesnt seem like it, but there isnt any optimal platinum walkthroughs as the new platinum/achievement list has only just been released with the remaster a few days ago.

Many walkthroughs sure, but none are optimal purely for the remaster trophies/achievements!

The steam guide is pretty good starting point.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=600052120

It does miss a few things like where to get items for making new weapon upgrades, and have extra steps that isn't necessary (like Quintis' blue magic items, occult fan magazines etc)

I just got the defeat all CC members using this guide, as it helps me getting better cards and setting up/abolish rules.

On 10/9/2019 at 2:42 PM, Optinooby said:

Hi everyone, so im going through with the objective of routing for a platinum speedrun, not for every1, but just for those that want it.

Any tips that may save me some trial and error??

Im using the steam missable guide and rewoking it, testing a few things as I go, but maybe there are some other tips its not mentioned??

Thanks all ;)

If you'll ever upload this speedrun platinum video, please quote my answer here that I will totally appreaciate your work!

Thanks!

38 minutes ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

If you'll ever upload this speedrun platinum video, please quote my answer here that I will totally appreaciate your work!

Thanks!

Im defo doing it, and I will quote you if I can ever spell ur user name!

Im just working on getting the build and TT mastered first in a simplistic manner which will complement the guide in other videos

This plat guide will likely come in a few weeks so I get chance to route/record/commentate/upload

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Im defo doing it, and I will quote you if I can ever spell ur user name!

Im just working on getting the build and TT mastered first in a simplistic manner which will complement the guide in other videos

This plat guide will likely come in a few weeks so I get chance to route/record/commentate/upload

Don't worry about my nickname lol I'll keep this link open in a folder on my browser so I won't miss this topic ;)

2 hours ago, Riekman said:

I have some tips for finishing off the 1000 kills trophy. I don't know if it is the very best, but I was able to finish off the trophy pretty fast and it is good for low-level runners too. The link to my forum post where I put the tips:

Yea thanks for that buddy, as always, my first playthrough will take AGES as I experiment with every little detail but I will be sure to utilise your method and make sure its the fastest when I get to that point in probably a years time lol

Ive currently spent about 30hours just messing about with the early areas figuring builds and such. I plan to have the guide work with cheats and without.

Ive got these so far

These perhaps are not entirely necessary if you are looking for a fast run and ARE using cheats. But I advance the story about an hr doing this, totals about just over 2 hours for the overpowered route so in all, it takes about 1 hr 30 ish altogether of a bit of grinding, playing cards etc.

The cards need playing anyway so really, this is about an extra 30 minutes or so work to what you will be doing at some point as you need the good cards for the card playing trophy.

Im just going to crack on now though through the game working on the optimum platinum route, want it done before Links Awakening is released ;)

On 14/09/2019 at 0:44 PM, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Thanks!

Hi buddy, I will ask you as I know you are waiting......

Would you be ok with commentary ONLY at the start of each video giving an overview of what u can expect and any key points??

Its just I want to try to smash this and get it out over the weekend or early next week as I want to move on. It will be a little quicker for me if I jus add a bit of commentary at start of each vid.

When navigating menus, I plan to do that a little slower just so viewers can see what im doing.

Thanks, let me know buddy, Im routing now and plan to record/upload over the weekend hopefully

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2019 at 2:42 PM, Optinooby said:

Hi everyone, so im going through with the objective of routing for a platinum speedrun, not for every1, but just for those that want it.

EDIT 12/10/19

Here is what I have so far, first part, rest will not be far behind.

I've done all the trialling and am recording now. Hopefully won't be too long when done as I'm trying to edit out useless stuff, just losing some time as I have to navigate menus slowly to give you chance to see. Anyway, commentary is provided and I will try to get parts uploaded regularly, enjoy ;)

(May add text guide when done, will see).

Have you completed the speedrun? 

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, AnghellicKarma said:

Is there a text-based version of this?  

I'd like to Platinum the game as quickly as possible, but I don't want to be watching a video version of it alongside and trying to mimic it...

Unfortunately not im afraid, I had thought about it, but then moved on since.

If you just want some time saving pointers, I could give you some..??m

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Are you going to continue uploading the videos? 

It was all done months ago bud, im trying to copy the playlist link and aste but phone doesnt like it.

If you go through my channel using vid in OP, then go to playliss and FF8, you will find them all in there.

When I get back on laptop, I will try to link in OP

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Lordidude said:

Thanks for the work you do on these guides.

What is the quickest (or most efficient) way to get the ingredients for Doomtrain in your opinion?

I dont really remember so im not going to be a huge help here ;(

I dont use cards as thats just too time consuming. And for farming Marlboros, make sure you have confuse and berserk 100% at least in the stat def, death 100% wont hurt either

I mostly did it the same as most the other guides that dont use cards. I guess I did it a little more efficiently, but just cant remember everything

I can remember a few nice spots I used for it farming some of the stuff, but I just remember any area names, enemy names etc. 

4 hours ago, Lordidude said:

Thanks for the reply.

I'm going to check by myself what the best solution is.

If I find something useful while experimenting I'll let you know so you can integrate it in your guide.

I did do it in the most optimal way while combining it with other stuff trophy related, just dont remember is all.

You could look for it in the guide, but I honestly dont remember.

Specific guides online will suffice, they dont waste much time

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...