Does apocaliptyc stack?

scemopagliaccioh

I'm close to finish my first playthrough and I was wondering: does playing on armageddon difficulty grant you the apocaliptyc difficulty too? I wouldn't mind doing only another playthrough instead of two , but since new game plus is a dlc I'm not sure if they stack.

Fun game and combat by the way, though the devs' obsession with puzzles is something that I hated  even back then on the first Darksiders.

19 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

I'm close to finish my first playthrough and I was wondering: does playing on armageddon difficulty grant you the apocaliptyc difficulty too? I wouldn't mind doing only another playthrough instead of two , but since new game plus is a dlc I'm not sure if they stack.

Fun game and combat by the way, though the devs' obsession with puzzles is something that I hated  even back then on the first Darksiders.

Yes, they stack as of patch 1.09 back in April. You can play on easy to enjoy the game and upgrade everything, then play on Apocalyptic in NG+.

• Like 4

Okay got all trophies except the havoc kills, which ugh... it was my mistake, I thought that "Armageddon" was the hardest difficulty mode, since new game plus DLCs tend to have it in the requirements, but nope, that's  another name with no trophies connected to it, Armageddon was just a cool way to say new game plus. Oh well. 

Edit: and it's done, before the free trial expired, whoo.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh