Favorite Naughty Dog Game?

Goro

Favorite Naughty Dog Game?  

345 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Game made by Naughty Dog?

• Crash Bandicoot (1996)
    • Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (1997)
    • Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (1998)
    • Crash Team Racing (1999)
    • Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (2001)
    • Jak II (2003)
    • Jak 3 (2004)
    • Jak X: Combat Racing (2005)
    • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2007)
    • Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
    • Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (2011)
    • The Last of Us (2013)

i honestly dont know how crash bandicoot 3 has more votes then 2. crash bandicoot 2 is way superior mechanical wise and the lvls are way more fun to play.

do u guys remember the jet ski, race, plane and underwater stages in crash 3? i did hate them and thats why crash 1 and 2 will always be better.

but its still a good game, but it has not as much replay value for me. i would much rather play trough crash 1 and 2 over and over again. thats actualy what i did when i first got my vita. i did 100% crash bandicoot 2 three times on my vita and i had it 100% twice on my ps3 before. its such a good game

Edited by LionKingEylside

• 2 weeks later...

Why isn' Way of The Warrior (3DO) on The poll?

Because 99% of people don't know/care about the earlier Naughty Dog games and even the ones who do usually don't think they're better than their later games.

Basically I wanted to avoid having a load of 0% poll options.

• Like 1

Because 99% of people don't know/care about the earlier Naughty Dog games and even the ones who do usually don't think they're better than their later games.

Basically I wanted to avoid having a load of 0% poll options.

I see . then why is even Jak X on The list for The start and not even Crash Bash?

The Last of Us / The Last of Us: Remastered
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Team Racing

Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Jak III

Jak II: Renegade

Jak X: Combat Racing (Never played it so it has to go last)

Since The Last of Us was so good, I'm wondering whether Uncharted 4 will be able to top it. It honestly was one of the best, and most memorable, gaming experiences of my entire life, and it's not often that I'll play an entire game again and enjoy it as much as the first time, but replaying difficulties and Remastered on PS4 really was a joy to me.

Crash Bandicoot will always have a special place in my collection. It was one of the first games I had on PSone and the series definitely helped to develop my love of gaming and platformers. The sequels kept the Crash spirit alive, and CTR was just a brilliantly fun iteration that you could just sink hours into, enjoying it 100% of the time, while still challenging yourself - I still haven't beaten Oxide on every track! One day...

Uncharted was the first game I bought with my PS3. It was the first Platinum trophy I got. And it was the first game that showed me how much of an art form the video game industry has become. Its scenery was beautiful and the levels were so packed with action and adventure it was hard to know which part you loved most. The sequels got better at telling the stories - Uncharted 2 being the best effort, with Uncharted 3 lacking in comparison with its longer story and a multiplayer that I just didn't want to play. 

Jak and Daxter was great. Lovely, colourful platformer with a large world, lots of collectibles and a lot to do. But Jak II and III just seemed to lose the innocence I loved so much about the first one. I'd got used to it by Jak 3, which shows why it ranks higher than Jak II in my list, but it still just wasn't the fun platformer I wanted it to be, much more a Crash Bandicoot meets GTA, all while trying to compete with Ratchet and Clank... Something (I believe) it just couldn't manage to do at once.

• 2 weeks later...

Never actually listed my favorite. My favorite would easily be Jak 3 (no contest), and for various reasons.

However, Jak X: Combat Racing (which I have no idea why is disliked by so many, for being an incredibly fun game with a ridiculous amount of replay-value, a cool and interesting story, multiple game-modes, online play, great customization, this offline bot-like-mode where you can play multiple game modes and actually further extends the replay-value, and [offline] multiplayer. Surely the memory card glitch cannot be the sole reason for the hate this game has gotten, because that doesn't actually make the game itself bad and that's very unfair, especially consider ND had actually took the initiative to start making new copies of Jak X after this famous glitch was known about, with the issue resolved. I happen to own a copy of the recent version to - never had any memory card bugs whatsoever) and The Last of Us are runner ups.

Never owned and beat any Crash games made by Naughty Dog, but I can claim and promise no Naughty Dog game will ever surpass Jak 3, unless it's a Jak sequel or reboot. Those are the only potential chances their games have at erasing my current favorite.

Every Naughty Dogs games is good but Jak and Dexter The Precursor Legacy is my favorite

*Daxter. 

I see . then why is even Jak X on The list for The start and not even Crash Bash?

Because Jak X is a sequel to Jak 3, made by Naughty Dog while they were owned by Sony, just like their 4 Uncharted games and The Last of Us. Jak X is no different. Crash and all his 3 original games are however, because ND not only never owned the rights to Crash but they weren't working for Sony at the time either. Jak was the first IP Naughty Dog made when they started working for Sony... and they still have the rights to Jak.

Edited by Mar
  • Like 1