Trophy thoughts

Bumperklever

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, chokladapa said:

i dont understand how i get allies? can someone help me pls.. isnt it suppose to be a choice after each fight??

Beasts have a random chance of joining after each fight.  Sadly it isn't guaranteed, but you can improve your chances by doing a few things.

1. Set a leader with the "Tamer" passive.  The Elf MC comes with this ability as does many other characters you meet along your journey.

2. Maintain an orb count of at least 3000.  There is a system in place that gives you passive buffs based on the amount of orbs you currently hold.  You can see what buffs are active at the bottom left of the screen.

3. Use the tamer items you receive for doing dailies and from quests.  I believe the strongest buff is a 3x capture rate, but you won't get these until late game when you are in Gessy territory.

4. Make sure your caravan is leveled up enough to catch the beasts you want.  All caravans start off with the ability to catch 1* beasts, but you'll encounter 2*s pretty early on.  You can tell which beasts you can catch by the cage next to their name in the overworld.  If you want to know what rarity you can currently catch just open your caravan menu and it should be on the left side of the screen.

You will most likely have all 1000 beasts captured before your 10000th battle, but hopefully that helps.  I'm just relaxing and enjoying the game for now.  There is a new Halloween event that starts on the 23rd so I recommend doing as much of that as you can for the materials for your caravan.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jounochi said:

Beasts have a random chance of joining after each fight.  Sadly it isn't guaranteed, but you can improve your chances by doing a few things.

1. Set a leader with the "Tamer" passive.  The Elf MC comes with this ability as does many other characters you meet along your journey.

2. Maintain an orb count of at least 3000.  There is a system in place that gives you passive buffs based on the amount of orbs you currently hold.  You can see what buffs are active at the bottom left of the screen.

3. Use the tamer items you receive for doing dailies and from quests.  I believe the strongest buff is a 3x capture rate, but you won't get these until late game when you are in Gessy territory.

4. Make sure your caravan is leveled up enough to catch the beasts you want.  All caravans start off with the ability to catch 1* beasts, but you'll encounter 2*s pretty early on.  You can tell which beasts you can catch by the cage next to their name in the overworld.  If you want to know what rarity you can currently catch just open your caravan menu and it should be on the left side of the screen.

You will most likely have all 1000 beasts captured before your 10000th battle, but hopefully that helps.  I'm just relaxing and enjoying the game for now.  There is a new Halloween event that starts on the 23rd so I recommend doing as much of that as you can for the materials for your caravan.

thanks is there a maximum of how many allie turned beasts i can have? like do i have cages or smth i must upgrade or can i just set it to autoplay and get them? thanks again. 

20 hours ago, chokladapa said:

thanks is there a maximum of how many allie turned beasts i can have? like do i have cages or smth i must upgrade or can i just set it to autoplay and get them? thanks again. 

There is.  As you level your caravan you'll install beast cages.  Early on if you've leveled your first beast cage a bit you'll be able to hold about 40 creatures.  As you progress through the game and level your caravan you'll be able to install more cages and level those up so that you can hold even more beasts.

If you plan on going for the trophies while idling I suggest checking every hour to hour and a half to make sure you haven't hit your cap.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jounochi said:

There is.  As you level your caravan you'll install beast cages.  Early on if you've leveled your first beast cage a bit you'll be able to hold about 40 creatures.  As you progress through the game and level your caravan you'll be able to install more cages and level those up so that you can hold even more beasts.

If you plan on going for the trophies while idling I suggest checking every hour to hour and a half to make sure you haven't hit your cap.

thanks

• 1 month later...

I guess this game is a bit different than the jp version based on the guide. I am playing the Orc's story and right at the beginning two Orc's joined me (the dude with the axe and the girl with magic,) and my first trophy to pop was Quest for Companions, which the guide says would be the last. 

I didn't realize the game had two new trophies, but whatever... Autoplay doesn't sound so bad, and I've basically done the same thing with idle champions (all that I have left are free plays for platinum.) 

Out of curiosity, when does the stamina mechanic kick in? 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Repost of my post from PlaystationTrophies:

Having started this grind myself, I feel there is some basic information and advice that has been left out, particularly how to abandon/release monsters, which I had to join the official Discord to get a straight answer on.

First things first, the stopping point. After you first get the caravan, you'll be warped back to the starting city for whatever race you picked. You'll then be asked to move on. The very next area you join will be where you'll grind. Continue on to the area after that one and the stamina system will be activated.

Now, the game is going to lead you through a round of tutorials on how to add stuff to your caravan, including a thing that creates crystals (used to buy further upgrades and buildings for the caravan). The Map is the important thing and it'll be the first thing you build. If you follow the tutorial (with maybe a bit of idling for crystals), the caravan will upgrade to level 2. At this point, select the Map and upgrade it as well. You now have access to Autoplay.

Return to the world map, press square to open your map and you'll notice the autoplay option in the top right. You'll get a tutorial the first time to show you how to use it. Autoplay will not take you how of the zone you're in, so set it for somewhere central and that will be your grinding for the 10K battles. Depending on what your race is determines how smoothly the start of your grind goes. I suggest Orc as you'll start right out with a three person party. I've been able to ignore the autoplay for the most part with this start.

Next, for the 1000 monsters, you first need to know how to release monsters. I couldn't figure it out and every guide I found referenced buttons I couldn't find. The solution is:
Menu > Character > Abilities > tap L2 + R2 to switch from grid view to list view (should only need to do this once) > Select monster > Scroll to the right until you see "Say goodbye".

Keep upgrading this and that until the caravan hits level 4 and then you can build a beast cage. From here on out, you can upgrade it as much as you want so long as you have the crystals (your crystal grinding machine should be least level 2 if you're following the prompts) and certain parts you won't have yet. Buy those with your premium currency. Don't worry, from all the autoplay and PSN/+ freebies, tossing around a few hundred shouldn't be an issue. Every hour or two of autoplay, come back and dump your captured monsters and start again.

A few things I've noted:
-Depending on where you started, the AI can get stuck in corner and will need you to manually unstick it. So keep an eye out for that.
-The game seems to crash really easy after 8 or so hours of constant autoplay. Also, be away of maintenance times, it always causes my PS4 think there was some catastrophic error.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

Ive just been leaving my ps4 running all day and all night giving it a break for 2 hours after every 8 hours or so. Started the grind right before going to where the stamina mechanic starts so it's just infinite grind till I get the trophies.

I really wanna try playing this game after I get them though, seems kinda cool. I just don't like how gacha the game feels like it's going to be once the stamina section starts.

• 4 months later...

For anyone wondering, when playing as the human protagonist, stamina mechanic kicks in when travelling to the next area after clearing the quest where you help Marbas clearing the mine from zombies / gain access to gold dungeon.

I just went to that area so I'm ****ed, game auto save a lot so you cant back out and hope it's gonna reload at last area.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I chose the dwarf as the starter race. I had just unlocked the autoplay feature and I'm spending a bunch of gems to upgrade the beast cage. 

Can anyone confirm I can capture the cats I'm battling in this small town? I know captures will come before battles anyway but just wanna make sure I'm not wasting battles at the moment. 

Edited by GunfighterHefty