Abolish Random Rule in Dollet, Legit

I am soooo confused, how the hell do you do this? I looked up guides and such, but they all require a bunch of soft or hard resets, running back and forth. Why can't I find some way to do it normally?

Is there not a way to get it without all the resets? Because I don't know where I am with the saves anymore. I heard that if you beat the pub guy in Dollet who has the Siren card the first time the random rule may be abolished? If not, it means I don't have a choice but to do all that weird reset stuff? 

I never understood how these card abolish/spread rules worked much...now I don't have a problem playing random, I'm badass enough...but not badass enough to have it spread all over the place. If I can't get rid of it, how do I avoid having random spread out of Dollet? (or any other place that has it?)

Edited by TerminusCross

1 hour ago, Fragtaster said:

I hate the random rule. You lose so many cards to it. I had to save and reload over and over in places where I dealt with it reoccuring until I won each hand. I know once you encounter a new rule it spreads across the world and is the dominant rule for a while.

Here's what I did I went to balamb (or anywhere with a none random rule ) went to fillet saved in the hotel ran to the pub and challenged the card queen accepted using balambs rules but quit the match before it started( just hit quit don't exit the game keep doing this aslong as she asked if u want to use those rules there's a chance she will abolish random rule if she abolished a different rule quite out try again run to the pub etc it took me 2 tries

On the space station is where the mumbo jumbo helps lots of yes no quit etc that was trial and error cause u can't bring rules up there

1 hour ago, Fragtaster said:

Here's what I did I went to balamb (or anywhere with a none random rule ) went to fillet saved in the hotel ran to the pub and challenged the card queen accepted using balambs rules but quit the match before it started( just hit quit don't exit the game keep doing this aslong as she asked if u want to use those rules there's a chance she will abolish random rule if she abolished a different rule quite out try again run to the pub etc it took me 2 tries

On the space station is where the mumbo jumbo helps lots of yes no quit etc that was trial and error cause u can't bring rules up there

I don't know why it's posting like that I was trying to quote the op not frag and everything posted twice

Edited by Taliesin_2943
  • Like 1

@Mesopithecus Omg thank you, that totally did the trick. I didn't even have Open as the video says you need, I had to buy that from the Card Queen, plus for some reason I didn't need to dispute the Timber guard about mixing rules, it was all set already. There's so much about card rule establishment I don't understand. It's like trying to solve an algebra problem without even seeing it. But I got it. I hope getting rid of random in Trabia isn't too hard. I remember ripping my hair out there too, if I indeed do remember the location right and proper.

@Taliesin_2943 Thanks mate, I appreciate it, although it didn't work for me. ALL I ever got from her was same spread, or elemental abolishing from other people. Don't know how this works at all, read some FAQ about how many screens must be travelled for results to change, but...eh. Still, thanks again. :)

5 minutes ago, TerminusCross said:

@Mesopithecus Omg thank you, that totally did the trick. I didn't even have Open as the video says you need, I had to buy that from the Card Queen, plus for some reason I didn't need to dispute the Timber guard about mixing rules, it was all set already. There's so much about card rule establishment I don't understand. It's like trying to solve an algebra problem without even seeing it. But I got it. I hope getting rid of random in Trabia isn't too hard. I remember ripping my hair out there too, if I indeed do remember the location right and proper.

The same person whose YouTube video I posted also has a video for abolishing Trabia rules too which worked perfectly for me.  There is an NPC at Galbadia Garden you can do this with so it's less hassle travelling around to do it later in the game.

Well, bear that in mind...

Getting the rare cards from in the final stages SUCKS big time.

The space station is a nightmare as it USED every single rule, but I managed to abolish "random" rule up there by:

SAVE:

Hit Square to start Card game chat. Then when on game rules screen, quit. Keeping doing that until it says "Random rule is abolished from this area." If it isn't the Random rule, quit game and reload game save and try again until you get it.

Useful for the space station as there are two rare cards there. Save after you get one, then challenge the other NPC for it. The cards are Laguana and Alexrandia.

22 hours ago, TerminusCross said:

@Taliesin_2943 Thanks mate, I appreciate it, although it didn't work for me. ALL I ever got from her was same spread, or elemental abolishing from other people. Don't know how this works at all, read some FAQ about how many screens must be travelled for results to change, but...eh. Still, thanks again. :)

Yeah I got open by just starting and quitting a match with her.

10 minutes ago, KHDelBoy said:

Well, bear that in mind...

Getting the rare cards from in the final stages SUCKS big time.

The space station is a nightmare as it USED every single rule, but I managed to abolish "random" rule up there by:

SAVE:

Hit Square to start Card game chat. Then when on game rules screen, quit. Keeping doing that until it says "Random rule is abolished from this area." If it isn't the Random rule, quit game and reload game save and try again until you get it.

Useful for the space station as there are two rare cards there. Save after you get one, then challenge the other NPC for it. The cards are Laguana and Alexrandia.

Wait, space comes with random rule? Bloody f...I thought it was only Dollet and Trabia. But by the time you're in the space station, those are pretty much the last cards you need, no? If you've been collecting them the whole way?

Memory does not serve, I'm still really early in game. (and enjoying every minute of it lol)

7 hours ago, TerminusCross said:

Wait, space comes with random rule? Bloody f...I thought it was only Dollet and Trabia. But by the time you're in the space station, those are pretty much the last cards you need, no? If you've been collecting them the whole way?

Memory does not serve, I'm still really early in game. (and enjoying every minute of it lol)

The Space is the worst as it got all the rules.

SAME, PLUS, WALL, RANDOM, etc.

I never understood the SAME/PLUS rules together and the computer AI can put in a card and cause a combo reaction which will take out a lot of cards. Major pain in the arse. You'll understand what I mean when you challenge Edea for a new rare card just before the space ones. Usually the same complex collection of rules.

The last cards I need is Squall/Doomtrain/Phoenix and others that I lost to the Card Queen to generate new cards at the end and haven't reached that point yet.

Edited by KHDelBoy

I actually found a way to consistently abolish RANDOM from space:

• BEFORE abolishing any rules, Save your game and EXIT.
  • Load your save again and run directly to Ellone.
  • Press square to let her know you want to play cards, but when she asks if you want to play, press NO. (i.e. you should NOT see the card playing field and menu)
  • After doing the above only ONCE, ask her to play again and say YES. However, do not actually play a game. When in the card game menu, exit immediately. If you did everything right, nothing should have happened regarding rules.
  • Now, ask to play cards again, say YES, and then immediately quit the card game menu again. You should have the RANDOM rule abolished now. (If it didn't, try going in and out the card game menu again).

I must admit i had more fun playing Piet and Ellone in space with all rules while getting Alexander and Laguna. I lost rare cards to them but i took them back anyway.

Now, if you want Laguna at all costs and can't stand the rules, an extreme way to do it, is to mod every card except the 5 ones you want to play. You can get every card back in disc 4 from the members of CC group. I think only PuPu card can't be reclaimed but at that point of the game you don't have it anyway

@Riekman Thanks mate, will try that when I get there. Where else is random a ule anyway? There's Dollet, Trabia and I think Delling? I'm there and I don't see any random rule...maybe you had to accept  playing with that Trabia transfer student in Galbadia garden? I avoided playing him so I wouldn't spread that rule, but it spread anyway...I challenged the hockey coach, said yes, but quit in the card menu and random wasn't abolished per se...it seems to have been replaced by same/+ plus spreading... didn't know that could happen.

@sephiroth4424 I thought of modding all my cards besides my regular hand, when ripping my hair out in Dollet trying to get rid of random...but I figured it would just spread everywhere otherwise. You know, it's not so much that I dislike playing random; it certainly forces you to be a better card player instead of relying on your super powerful cards, which is fun. The problem is trying to win rare cards with random takes forever because they may not show up in your opponent's hand for quite a while...imagine getting ramdom introduced in Balamb then trying to get the Zell card haha that would be...actually that might be easier this way lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/15/2019 at 9:37 AM, TerminusCross said:

@Riekman Thanks mate, will try that when I get there. Where else is random a ule anyway? There's Dollet, Trabia and I think Delling? I'm there and I don't see any random rule...maybe you had to accept  playing with that Trabia transfer student in Galbadia garden? I avoided playing him so I wouldn't spread that rule, but it spread anyway...I challenged the hockey coach, said yes, but quit in the card menu and random wasn't abolished per se...it seems to have been replaced by same/+ plus spreading... didn't know that could happen.

@sephiroth4424 I thought of modding all my cards besides my regular hand, when ripping my hair out in Dollet trying to get rid of random...but I figured it would just spread everywhere otherwise. You know, it's not so much that I dislike playing random; it certainly forces you to be a better card player instead of relying on your super powerful cards, which is fun. The problem is trying to win rare cards with random takes forever because they may not show up in your opponent's hand for quite a while...imagine getting ramdom introduced in Balamb then trying to get the Zell card haha that would be...actually that might be easier this way lol.

late to this party, but exactly my thoughts as well. Triple Triad is one of the few non-broken things in this game...except for the fact that players don’t play their best cards all that often (even without random rule). Random would be fun for a few matches, but for 25 or more? It gets old.