Soul Calibur II HD

Lady Lilith

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/19/4539640/soulcalibur-2-hd-online-announced-at-comic-con

The HD update to Soulcalibur 2 appears to be a straight and faithful port of the 2003 fighting game and is bound for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. The original console port of Soulcalibur 2, which came to PS2, Xbox and GameCube, featured three guest characters: Tekken's Heihachi, The Legend of Zelda's Link and Todd McFarlane's Spawn. In a teaser trailer shown at Comic-Con, only Heihachi was featured.Namco Bandai offered a first look at the next Soulcalibur game at San Diego Comic-Con today, a high-definition update to Soulcalibur 2.

Soulcalibur 2's HD re-release will feature the original game's many modes, including Arcade, Survival, VS Battle, Time Attack, Survival, Team Battle, Practice and Weapon Master.

Following the announcement of Soulcalibur 2 HD Online, Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada announced that Masaaki Hoshino would serve as producer on the Soulcalibur series going forward.

Soulcalibur 2 HD Online is coming to consoles this fall. Check out the trailer below.

Guess it will have online multiplayer as well. 

I guess they're afraid to do a Soul Calibur VI because V was so terrible.

Edited by Sonic

Soul Calibur V wasn´t horrible, it just lacked single player content, anyways looking forward to this HD port of soul calibur II, miss the Playstation 2 games!

It was a lot better than SCIII or IV anyways.. should really stop comparing the new ones to SCII, they did really outdo themselves there.

I can't wait for this and I've been saying they should remake it for ages.  And good that they finally add online to the game, they rereleased the first SC to Xbox 360 like 5 years ago but didn't have online or didn't even include the big mode it had on the Dreamcast!  I hope they don't leave anything out of this, including all the alt costumes.  I must have put in hundreds of hours into this game back in the day, I'm hoping they put a trophy in like reach 500KOs in Survival Extra.. I think my record was 600+ in that mode.

It was a lot better than SCIII or IV anyways.. should really stop comparing the new ones to SCII, they did really outdo themselves there.

I can't wait for this and I've been saying they should remake it for ages.  And good that they finally add online to the game, they rereleased the first SC to Xbox 360 like 5 years ago but didn't have online or didn't even include the big mode it had on the Dreamcast!  I hope they don't leave anything out of this, including all the alt costumes.  I must have put in hundreds of hours into this game back in the day, I'm hoping they put a trophy in like reach 500KOs in Survival Extra.. I think my record was 600+ in that mode.

A proper remake/port of the Dreamcast Soul Calibur would be frikkin amazing.  As in, not a port of the XBLA version.  That was probably my favorite one besides SC2.  And yeah, I didn't really care for III or IV either.

I personally thought V wasn't too bad, it was just lacking in single player content, it was almost purely online. I would've preferred a HD remake of III personally, I think that was the best one, followed by IV. If the letter that came with the collector's edition of V is anything to go by, there will be a VI, I just hope that it's not like V, more like a blend of III & IV.

• Like 1

I personally can't wait for this! i've been a huge fan of the SC series forever and this one was my specialty! at the arcade, before life moved me away from all of them. i had a record of over 8,000 wins and 300 loses! never once vs another human tho, did a few tournaments back then as well. oh how i loved those battles! //  on the ps2 i did lose on rare occasion, but i never had a stick, but with this being online now. and having a great stick as well.. it looks like i might have to start practicing again! :)  i would lose to see a global scale conquest mode like they had at the arcade for this!

Soul Calibur V is the worst Soul Game in main series.

I still maintain my opinion, Soul Calibur V could have worked with other characters and with a solid single player, can´t complain about the graphics and speed of the gameplay, Soul Calibur IV had an heavy gameplay, too slow for a Soul Calibur game, as for the worst franchise of the series I may agree with you overall.

I love Soulcalibur, and have played every one in the series, starting with Soul Blade on the Playstation One. And though I enjoyed playing V, I just didn't care for the cast of characters either. Pyrhha is no Sophitia, Natsu was no Taki, etc. D: Apparently women are not allowed to age beyond 30, thanks Namco! I think I'd prefer an HD collection with SoulCalibur, SoulCalibur II and III on it instead of just an HD of II. (III is actually pretty awesome.)

• 3 weeks later...