Update on Glitches

surtech5

Just a quick update from 2019. I was planning on making a trophy guide but ran into a few problems. Most all the trophies unlock much later than they should with some reported to unlock up to 8 hours after the requirements are met. The game also crashes frequently, normally at the end of a race. With some races being 10-15 minutes that can be a real buzz kill.

The largest problem, however, is the potential soft-lock I find myself in. After buying a new vehicle from the garage the game crashed. When I booted it back up the vehicle was still purchased. However, I am now unable to pass any race. I have up until this point gotten every single gold trophy but for the passed 2 hours I have been unable to pass... PASS any race. The enemy AI have seemingly upgraded their vehicles out matching mine in every form.

I tried upgrading my own vehicle to maximum but that only made them faster still. I sold the vehicle and got a new stock one. I tried different modes. I restarted the game. I restarted the console. And yet the enemy AI is still in an unbeatable state. Short of deleting my save data, and even then there's no way to know if that will work, I don't know how to escape this baja purgatory.

I'll keep trying for the next couple days to try and fix my game, but otherwise, I'll be calling it quits on the game and the guide.

Either way, warning to all trophy hunters:

Abandon all hope ye who grind here

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would really like some more information on what exactly you need to do to earn the platinum for this title.

I've started off on career with the Baja Bug League, won the first two in that league and got first place easy. But then i try the Rally's below and i'm unable to get into first place. What am i doing wrong? Do i need to get into first place in the rally's for any trophies?

I should have known better than to start a game without any trophy guide or road-map and this has got me slightly confused. So any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, plisken1979 said:

I would really like some more information on what exactly you need to do to earn the platinum for this title.

I've started off on career with the Baja Bug League, won the first two in that league and got first place easy. But then i try the Rally's below and i'm unable to get into first place. What am i doing wrong? Do i need to get into first place in the rally's for any trophies?

I should have known better than to start a game without any trophy guide or road-map and this has got me slightly confused. So any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Well, it LOOKS like you just need to gold trophy every rally, tournament, hill climb, and invitational, but I could be wrong. The trophies are also glitched and unlock at incorrect times. The game is also prone to crashing and, as listed above has put me in an unwinnable state. I even did a clean install but the problem still persists. I did find that if I deleted my save file it was fine so I guess it's something wrong with that. 

My advice would be to walk away. This is very long and unstable platinum without the community to circumvent the glitches.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just noticed you posting on here, about the trouble with "upgraded" opponents!  It may appear counterintuitive, but remove ALL UPGRADES from your vehicles, and race.  All upgrades will be removed from opponents as well.  Worked for me on a few key races, other than that, get vicious with the A.I.!  Ramming off-road, using PIT manuvers on them during turns (getting close to their vehicle in the turn and staying straight, slightly to the side of them, on the direction they are turning; making contact with their bumper to spin them in a direction opposite from the flow of the race), cutting them off, etc.  Only hitting them at high-speed, as a LAST RESORT, and preferably on the last lap.

-DP75