Why do we need to be shamed with a ”H” if we hide a game...?

most_tailcoat

Why can’t you copy it like on ps4 console? Just show the progress but hide the game, instead of ”this player has hidden 200 trophies from their profile” maybe our kids has played or we regret playing a game. I think this ”H” thing ruins our profile, it makes it look suspicious when in fact i just want to hide/regret playing a game... i lost motivation to continue because games couldn’t be hidden properly

Edited by most_tailcoat
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

The H is just an indicator that shows

13 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

The H is just an indicator that shows that you have manually manipulated your trophy stats. Any shame you feel is self-imposed. 

Imanually manipulated your trophy stats. Any shame you feel is self-imposed. 

I just think if you hide it, it should be hidden completely like on ps4. Because if it still shows ”H” and amount of trophies hidden, it’s not hidden. At least let us hide completely if we want

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, most_tailcoat said:

I think this ”H” thing ruins our profile, it makes it look suspicious when in fact i just want to hide/regret playing a game... 

I mean, I know other people may think differently, but when I see the "H" tag, I think exactly what you said - that this person regrets playing a game. Does she regret it because she cheated? Does he regret it because his cousin played a shitty game? I don't really judge the follow-up reason.

I hide games because either I will never bother finishing them, or they were games that I played with my daughter since they were co-op type games. Yea I don't like the whole "hide" function but hey people can judge all they want as it won't make me feel bad. I know why I hide things an I don't care what others think when they see an "H" on my account. Though I disagree with the system's way of hiding games as the games are still on your trophy list in there. To be honest I just wish there was a way to fully delete a trophy list so you aren't always seeing the games on the systems. xD

Edited by tsuki_-no-_usagi
  • Like 1

It's not shaming anyone, it's letting people know and for the site to change the stats correctly. You also need to remember a lot of cheaters hide trophies so that also helps the cheat team since people can hide up to 3 games. 

If it upsets you that much then you shouldn't have started those games or just unhide them, it's just a simple H. Not like it's ruining you life. 

• Like 2

Geez.  It's either easy plats or hidden games.  Someone's always gotta complain about something.

I actually considered hiding my easy plats once I passed a certain mark, but I'm keeping them.  Sometimes it's nice to play a stupid easy game to cleanse the pallet, for lack of a better phrase.  I do joke it's shameful that my #38-47 plus others are easy, but hey.

As long as you aren't a little cheating jerkwad, trophy however you want to trophy.  I mean, you play games for enjoyment after all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

It's there to help the PSNP staff members in various ways.

Not really, as then it could just be shown to staff. It's there to communicate how many hidden trophies the player have on their profile. That's it.

Edited by MMDE

I dont have a problem with the H, I know most people probably hide trophies for all sorts of reasons

I hid a game so my trophy cabinet on my profile is more what I want because I never really payed attention to the milestones before. 

I think imo the majority(not all) that feel shame are the ones that were hacking or cheating and it's a reminder to them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

This sounds wise and interesting. Wouldn’t mind hearing it expanded on...?

I'm not sure if it qualifies as either but since you've asked...

i try to put myself in the shoes of someone clicking on a person's profile, seeing the "h", and then taking time out of their day to message that person to shame them...how would another gamer's hidden trophies negatively impact them to the point of wanting to insult the former and what would they even say?...some variation of "your profile isn't legit because you have hidden trophies"?..."f**k you, cheater"?...i have no idea...

there are plenty of things that make people angry that I can understand but imo it takes a very insecure person to feel hate over someone else having hidden trophies without even bothering to ask why...i would not want to go through life with that level.of ignorance and insecurity was all that I was implying...

• Like 1

There's no being shamed for a 'H', it's just information that literally says you have hidden trophies... which, if you have the icon, is true, you do.

What other people views they place on the 'H' is their business, who cares. The actual symbol is nothing but factual information about your profile. Just like if you have 10 trophies, your profile will say 10 trophies... The site itself is not shaming you for having 10 of them but I'm sure some asshats will shame people for 'only having 10', but again, that's their business, why would anyone flat out remove the trophy counters because some people shame people on their numbers. Hidden trophies are the same, it's just the factual information being shown.