Miniature and Giant Crowns

6 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

I kept track of my crowns in a google doc. I noticed some things:

With 5 rewards available you can have one bronze as one of them, so BSSGG, BSGGG, BGGGG can have crowns in them.

With 4 rewards none of them should be bronze, so you should look for SSSG or SGGG.

Investigations with more than 1 bronze NEVER gave me a crown, neither did 4 rewards investigations with even a single bronze one.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UAaN8pNqfejaTTa6Ohc9zst3tEblg9EZnl3r3U4hMFw/edit?usp=sharing

Take a look at my info if you wish, could help you maybe?

Thank you for this. It makes hunting these down easier knowing the numbers

• Like 1

This is very nice thanks! But what about 4 reward investigations that have 2 silvers and 2 gold (SSGG) and 5 reward investigations that have a bronze, 3 silvers and one gold (BSSSG)? Are they different or did you just forget to mention them? Also yeah, I got really lucky this morning when I joined a tempered investigation that had Scarred Yian Garuga, tempered Zinogre and tempered Tigrex. I ended up with large crowns for all 3 of them and as a result I now have both crowns for Scarred Yian Garuga even though I haven't even progressed my Guiding Lands enough to meet the regular Yian Garuga lmao. It's weird how I can join investigations of monsters I haven't even met by myself but because my HR is around 80 already I can join stuff I normally shouldn't be able to. Tempered investigations are really legit for crowns.

Edited by PostGameBlues

ones from my friends cards

Banbaro L(2957.95)
Viper Tobi-Kadachi S(1170.47)
Nightshade Paolumu S(1029.02)
Glavenus S(2215.35)
Tigrex S(1748.88)
Fulgur Anjanath S(1465.35, 1481.81)
Ebony Odogaron S(1249.88)
Velkhana S(2248.52)
Blackveil Vaal Hazak S(1843.84)
Savage Deviljho S(2001.91) L(2476.58)

On 9/11/2019 at 8:45 PM, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

I kept track of my crowns in a google doc. I noticed some things:

With 5 rewards available you can have one bronze as one of them, so BSSGG, BSGGG, BGGGG can have crowns in them.

With 4 rewards none of them should be bronze, so you should look for SSSG or SGGG.

Investigations with more than 1 bronze NEVER gave me a crown, neither did 4 rewards investigations with even a single bronze one.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UAaN8pNqfejaTTa6Ohc9zst3tEblg9EZnl3r3U4hMFw/edit?usp=sharing

Take a look at my info if you wish, could help you maybe?

Barioth How to Measure Large Gold Crown - 2622.88

Investigation - 3 Faints - 4 Gold & 1 Bronze Reward - Capture

I will try to to get the Small Glavenus tonight or tomorrow morning

Edited by GamingWithAbyss1
  • Like 2

On 16/09/2019 at 4:04 PM, Sicho said:

this has always been true, aside from Assignment Quests.
The chances however are better in Investigations and Expeditions.

There's never been any rhyme or reason behind crown spawn rates beyond the events that are specifically advertised as having higher crown rates or guaranteed crown spawns. Anyone who tells you that certain rewards for investigations raise the chances is just rationalising. I got a large Glavenus in a basic  Special Arena quest this morning for clear reference of this, same with a large Teostra in the Teostra/Lunastra quest line. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LunchCannon54 said:

There's never been any rhyme or reason behind crown spawn rates beyond the events that are specifically advertised as having higher crown rates or guaranteed crown spawns. Anyone who tells you that certain rewards for investigations raise the chances is just rationalising. I got a large Glavenus in a basic  Special Arena quest this morning for clear reference of this, same with a large Teostra in the Teostra/Lunastra quest line. 

I agree, it can happen anywhere. I got 5 Crowns in the Guided Lands until now, but that's just because I play the Guided Lands the most.

2 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Edited by Sikutai

On 9/17/2019 at 5:50 AM, LunchCannon54 said:

The PC dataminers have found the actual rates for crowns, and for investigations it is indeed affected by rewards in MHW base game, so it probably is here too. You could not get crowns from "any quest" in MHW base game, nor did tempered investigations have any "higher chances". That has been proven incorrect by people like this guy: https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunterWorld/comments/ab4etb/investigations_and_possible_monster_sizescrowns/

If you use a save editor like this one: https://github.com/AsteriskAmpersand/MHW-Save-Editor/releases to edit an investigation and guarantee a crown, it will directly affect the rewards of the investigation as well.

Thank goodness for people like this too, they're also the ones who found the actual drop rates for decorations (https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/211368-monster-hunter-world/77020936)

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 2

The quality of the data we got out of PC datamining really makes me wish we’d gotten a simultaneous release for Iceborne. For now i’ll just assume that everything that investigations are still the way to go and consider optionals/guiding lands a nice bonus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nyonmyan said:

Variants have the same crown sizes as originals?

Yes, they move in the same ranges, my F. Anjanath have the same mini size than my original for example.

I also think Tigrex and Nargacuga share body model, and even sizes, they do similar animation when shocked but its pretty tough to measure because how weird it is. Barioth may share model too, but its definitely a bit bigger than both of those.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BlackTorito said:

Yes, they move in the same ranges, my F. Anjanath have the same mini size than my original for example.

I also think Tigrex and Nargacuga share body model, and even sizes, they do similar animation when shocked but its pretty tough to measure because how weird it is. Barioth may share model too, but its definitely a bit bigger than both of those.

Tigrex and Narg are kinda the same size according to the crown numbers, Barioth is bigger indeed. Gold Crown Barioth was my last crown and he is visually huge... like really huge. Tigrex has a huge head when a gold crown, narg's tail is a good hint as well, it is massive.

I've been trying investigations and optional quests and so far have gotten only about 4 gold crowns. The method used above only got me 1 crown and I keep using it but I am having no luck. Does anyone know if events give crowns at all? I've been doing those a bunch lately over and over and while I keep getting new smallest and largest sizes of the monsters I am still not getting crowns... 

1 hour ago, iNtErWhOoPeR said:

I've been trying investigations and optional quests and so far have gotten only about 4 gold crowns. The method used above only got me 1 crown and I keep using it but I am having no luck. Does anyone know if events give crowns at all? I've been doing those a bunch lately over and over and while I keep getting new smallest and largest sizes of the monsters I am still not getting crowns... 

Events have always been the lazy go to for crowns, much higher chance to get them just much much more time consuming getting them all that way.

2 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Been busy at school so havent had time to play the game recently but anyone know if any of the ongoing event quests have higher chances of crown drops? 

No, maybe they added a slighter chance on events and optionals, but so far, only a few people claimed to have gotten some on those, I personally have got only silvers there.

Investigations are still the best method, and based on the event schedule on the official website, there won’t be crown events at least up until 10th October, we will see next friday if it extends another week.

So far, tempered investigations with 4 and 5 slots are working wonders for me.

• Like 1